Sons' sorrow

got some really unfair stick to be honest. small band behind me were always to quick to get on his back, and probably affected his performances. usually pretty solid but probably still a bit too high in the league for him. very loyal for sons too.

Someone over on the Morton forum is saying that James Creaney trained with us yesterday. Any opinions?

I must say, a player released by Dumbarton is not really one to whet the appetite.

Wow really?. He was badly out of his depth with us last season,decent enough second div player but not up to the standard of the first,skinned too easily,makes rash challenges and his positional play is poor. Then theres his distribution,aimless hoofs up the line without ever picking out a man. He improved towards the end of last season but still is not good enough for the first divison. Think Ross Forsyth and you have him,but with slightly worse distribution. And considerably skinnier!. Would wish him all the best if he ended up with you guys but i think its unlikely. If he could improve his distrubution though he would be decent back up for most teams in the league.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Wow really?. He was badly out of his depth with us last season,decent enough second div player but not up to the standard of the first,skinned too easily,makes rash challenges and his positional play is poor. Then theres his distribution,aimless hoofs up the line without ever picking out a man. He improved towards the end of last season but still is not good enough for the first divison. Think Ross Forsyth and you have him,but with slightly worse distribution. And considerably skinnier!. Would wish him all the best if he ended up with you guys but i think its unlikely. If he could improve his distrubution though he would be decent back up for most teams in the league.

^^^ This

got some really unfair stick to be honest. small band behind me were always to quick to get on his back, and probably affected his performances. usually pretty solid but probably still a bit too high in the league for him. very loyal for sons too.

Creaney was okay in the 2nd Division (but still suspect at times in my opinion) but at this level he was well out of his depth. He was caught out many times last year and his inability to stop a cross coming in was staggering. He was also the creator of the "Creaney Lump", where he managed to continually lump the ball down the line to absolutely no one. Forsyth was a better option at left back but he didn't want to sit around not getting a game when Smith came in and left.

Loyalty? He was offered a deal to play in the 1st Division (probably on improved wages), it's not loyalty, it's common sense.

I'd be massively surprised if Morton were offering more than just training facilities for him.

creaney lump? if in doubt get it out. first rule of defence. see what i mean about on his back?

Most of the fans problem was that he had plenty of time to pick a pass but chose just to lump it. Paul McGinn is a vastly superior player and you very rarely see him lumping it aimlessly, its the same with Jordi Alba (who is the best left back in the world IMO),he very never aimlessly lumps it forward.

Someone over on the Morton forum is saying that James Creaney trained with us yesterday. Any opinions?

I must say, a player released by Dumbarton is not really one to whet the appetite.

Don't listen to the negativity of Sons fans on this one; the Jamster was pivotal in our promotion to Div One, and always gave a shift when called on last season. With his pace and sweet left peg he could be a real asset to Morton or any other Division One team. I would welcome a joust between him and Mark Gilhaney.

creaney lump? if in doubt get it out. first rule of defence. see what i mean about on his back?

His distribution was invariably poor when starting an attack, regardless of whatever pressure was on him. He tended to punt it, and not necessarily towards a Sons jersey. That's not irrational criticism, that's the consensus of many who've watched (and supported) him for the last several seasons.

He's a worker and improved over his time with us - if there was a 'Most Improved Player' award at the PotY I'd have given it to him in 2011/12. That's testament to his attitude and determination but it doesn't mean he was of the required standard for us.

Was decent in our promotion season. Played a couple of decent games towards the end of last season. Often over hits crosses. Hits the ball up the park to no-one 90% of the time the ball is with him, which may work with Campbell running on to them, but that's me being very optimistic. I'd imagine he's just training with you for fitness.

If Jimmy Creaney signs for Morton then there will indeed be a great feeling at Cappielow. But not half as good as at every other ground in Division One ;)

He is useless and I hope Morton sign him

Highly unlikely, we have Marc Fitzpatrick on trial so would guess he will be signed up if he impresses. As I said above, Creaney is most likely just getting his fitness levels up until he finds a team.