Sons' sorrow

11 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Really?

You don't think that players would rather play in front of a noisy, packed Stand??

Running out to a half empty Stand with the usual fuds on the Players & Ref/Linesman's case right from the K.O sounds immensely preferable, yes, yes it does.

In "Aitken's Army we trust"

Cart me away now... :blink:

No i'm saying it doesn't matter whether 250 Dumbarton fans turn up at the Rock or the usual 400 - it won't make much of a difference.

On 12/02/2016 at 16:50, SonsofAnarchy said:

I've been watching Aitken closely recently and I've got to say I think he's a bit of a tactical wiz. The other thing I noticed is he is in fact a good fit for Dumbarton and I hope he doesn't leave if he get's a better offer. Just hope he doesn't mind the local chippies huhuhuhuh

A tactical wiz.

4 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

Aye, but Montrose were a handy team at that time. Were twice within 5 minutes of meeting us in the Scottish Cup Semi in 1976, in their Quarter Final and first replay against Hearts. They also made the League Cup Semi Final that season, leading Rangers 1-0 at half-time before losing.

More recently there was this 5-0 home defeat to Montrose. I remember treating my father in law to hospitality that day - embarrassing!