Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

That's a superb name! :lol:

I thought it up one Sunday in 2003 when going to a rehearsal. There's been some lateral thinking mind you, The name has also been used by bands in the USA, England and Australia. Given our age profile someone suggested we change it to One Erection :lol:

Just in case anyone is into watching Bookies' odds, Stevie has gone from 20/1 to 6/1 for the Morton job with McBookie.

That puts him third favourite behind Hopkin (3/1) and McCoist (4/1). 

Obviously someone could just have put £50 on him to change the odds, but maybe there's more to it. 

Just in case anyone is into watching Bookies' odds, Stevie has gone from 20/1 to 6/1 for the Morton job with McBookie.
Obviously someone could just have put £50 on him to change the odds, but maybe there's more to it. 

I’m fairly confident that the bookies know less than we do.

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

The deadline for applicants was Tuesday this week so I can't imagine that he would've applied for it before the play-off final. Hope the only time he's at Cappielow next season is when Dumbarton play there. 

McBookie don't really have a clue about it though. Someone could have put a couple of quid on him and his odds will have been cut.

Just now, Scosha said:

The deadline for applicants was Tuesday this week so I can't imagine that he would've applied for it before the play-off final. Hope the only time he's at Cappielow next season is when Dumbarton play there. 

McBookie don't really have a clue about it though. Someone could have put a couple of quid on him and his odds will have been cut.

Imo he would have. He wants to be full-time, and he has a close affiliation with Morton.

I can't see him getting it, but I reckon he'd be interested.

Plz appoint McCoist purely to see what happens.

McCoist is probably on there because he lives in Houston. Hopkin and Aitken both ex Morton. TBH I can’t see McCoist being offered it and Surely Hopkin would want another crack with Livi or to stay with them if they go up? That leaves Stevie who lives on that side of the river and has admirers at Cappielow. Mind you bookies make a lot from managerial appointments. They are more often than not, somebody unexpected.

22 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Hearing Andy Dowie has agreed a deal to stay with us next year regardless of whatever division we end up in.

Barr signed a 2 year deal last summer too, so our central defence staying would be a huge boost (regardless of division but probably a bigger boost if we go down).

Barr signed a 2 year deal last summer too, so our central defence staying would be a huge boost (regardless of division but probably a bigger boost if we go down).

Is that certain with Barr? I know Stewart signed for 2 years but I thought there was some talk of Barr having the option of a 1 year extension if he played a certain amount of games.

Just now, cameron2000 said:

Is that certain with Barr? I know Stewart signed for 2 years but I thought there was some talk of Barr having the option of a 1 year extension if he played a certain amount of games.

I wouldn't like to say it's 100% certain but from what I've been told Barr and Stewart are both here next season.

2 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

I have it on good authority that it is certain. Although I don't know if relegation changes anything.