Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, PWL said:

The website just feels unfinished with the only working feature being the news articles.

Whilst that was acceptable for the first couple of days, it's certainly not now. Nor does it appear to be set up to render to mobiles which I'm guessing where the majority of views come from. 

The comment about losing revenue is a valid one. Player Sponsorship page (assuming you can find it) doesn't work so immediately it creates a barrier to people handing over cash. These kind of things should be made as easy as possible. 

Even if it is not outsourced to DFC fans there are more than enough media colleges and students who could have been called on to help at little cost.

This is so short sighted and I agree with the others, the shirt sponsorship may have been used to secure a discount rather than attract actual real money.

Whilst I do think the website is pish and should be better, it’s not something that many folk actually use is it? In the age of social media I’d imagine the vast majority of folk are getting their information from there. Any social media posts that require navigating to the website to read the full news article will contain a direct link. 

Regarding sponsorship - if I’m a business owner in this day in age I’m 100% caring far more that my business is appearing on the social media accounts. For example we posted a funny tweet the other day that had 476k views and 1,632 likes. I’d be surprised if the website has had that amount of hits since the internet was invented.

I totally get that some folk don’t use social media but these days that a huge minority and I’d be shocked if the quality of website had any impact on sponsorship.

edited to add - As much as the old website was extremely easy to navigate and was packed with info it definitely did need modernising. It looked really dated IMHO. 

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

25 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Whilst I do think the website is pish and should be better, it’s not something that many folk actually use is it? In the age of social media I’d imagine the vast majority of folk are getting their information from there. Any social media posts that require navigating to the website to read the full news article will contain a direct link. 

Regarding sponsorship - if I’m a business owner in this day in age I’m 100% caring far more that my business is appearing on the social media accounts. For example we posted a funny tweet the other day that had 476k views and 1,632 likes. I’d be surprised if the website has had that amount of hits since the internet was invented.

I totally get that some folk don’t use social media but these days that a huge minority and I’d be shocked if the quality of website had any impact on sponsorship.

edited to add - As much as the old website was extremely easy to navigate and was packed with info it definitely did need modernising. It looked really dated IMHO. 

I can assure you that there are still a few folk out here who don't do Twitter, Facebook or even Yahoo dogging groups.

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I can assure you that there are still a few folk out here who don't do Twitter, Facebook or even Yahoo dogging groups.

I totally understand that, and did acknowledge that, but like I said it’s a huge minority these days. 

FWIW a close friend of mine is a well respected, full time web developer who has made websites for some massive companies, including Celtic, and he’s of the opinion the website is absolutely fine bar a few minor tweaks required. One of his main criticisms was the white text on yellow buttons but technically he thinks it’s fine. It’s just desperately lacking in content and doesn’t seem to get updated apart from news articles. 

11 hours ago, ScottishD81 said:

Any dates for the cup games yet? Also does the trust have an up to date site or just an old looking WordPress page 

I won't lie, the website has become a festering sore.  We recently engaged the services of a web developer to improve the situation but I understand there is an illness issue - I'll make further enquiries.

I think you've embarrassed yourself enough. 

On 04/12/2022 at 00:07, Red Rose said:

Don’t think Dumbarton had a shot on goal. Seen them twice and offer nothing. Poor team. Pretty confident we’ll finish above them this season. 

Pretty sure the Rosey Posey Osey said this carry on last year and were scrambling for points in May to stay up...

7 hours ago, Red Rose said:

Great signings so far. Need to replace Horne but plenty of time. Top 4 minimum this season. Fancy us to win the league. 

On 08/06/2023 at 18:36, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Think you're bang on in terms of sponsorship revenue. I'd suggest the club website will be where folk go (via Google) if they need an answer to a specific question or to complete a task. Social media takes care of most things but the club website still has a role to play, especially for e-commerce and as an information resource for casual/away fans.

On 08/06/2023 at 19:19, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

FWIW a close friend of mine is a well respected, full time web developer who has made websites for some massive companies, including Celtic, and he’s of the opinion the website is absolutely fine bar a few minor tweaks required. One of his main criticisms was the white text on yellow buttons but technically he thinks it’s fine. It’s just desperately lacking in content and doesn’t seem to get updated apart from news articles. 

As your pal says white on yellow is horrendous for accessibility, folk with visual impairments just won't make it out. Other than that it's largely fine from a design point of view.

Something like this would take about five minutes of CSS tweaks:

dumbarton (2).JPG