Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

I remember one or two posters on here saying that being in the LL wouldn't be the end of the world lol

Well for us it would be.

Yip hence why getting out of division essential. Watching Albion Rovers game then u see teams now in LL former spfl teams mad really.

Cowdenbeath, Gretna, Albion Rovers, Berwick etc

1 hour ago, ScottishD81 said:

Yip hence why getting out of division essential. Watching Albion Rovers game then u see teams now in LL former spfl teams mad really.

Cowdenbeath, Gretna, Albion Rovers, Berwick etc

Gretna were only ever a professional side because they happened to be Brooks Myleson's plaything for a few years.

Current club bears little resemblance to that freak show.

14 hours ago, Silverton End said:

I remember one or two posters on here saying that being in the LL wouldn't be the end of the world lol

Well for us it would be.

The real worry is that this season and last we've assembled reasonably decent squads, and if we don't gain promotion then there will come a point, especially in a club running on financial fumes, when we risk becoming sucked into very dangerous territory indeed.

I would have massive concerns for the future of DFC if we dropped into the Lowland League, especially under the current derelict ownership.

I don’t think you can assemble and retain players as good as we have without spending a bit of cash. 

That’s what makes accepting mediocrity on the park all the more confusing. You really need to take the leap to pay off faz in order to gain in the long term before he steers us further down the football pyramid 

43 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The real worry is that this season and last we've assembled reasonably decent squads, and if we don't gain promotion then there will come a point, especially in a club running on financial fumes, when we risk becoming sucked into very dangerous territory indeed.

I would have massive concerns for the future of DFC if we dropped into the Lowland League, especially under the current derelict ownership.

Absolutely.

League 2 looks wide open this season, unlike last year, every side looks capable of beating each other.

Really hope we get a result this Saturday to halt the current slump.

19 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Silence from the lads after a win. 

Do you want him out or not? Do you just change your mind like the wind week to week based on one result?

Be consistent.

I was on the match thread mate if you bothered to look. 

FWIW I thought we played better and was relieved to see we stuck with two upfront even in the absence of Byrne being injured. 

however 

it’s still an absolute dreadful watch at times…Stranraer we’re poor but even then the goal they scored summarised how poor we can be defensively. 

Ultimately Farrell needs to go. His tactics and style of football is horrific and he’s only another couple of hurdles away from losing the fan base all together. Hopefully he falls at those hurdles sooner rather than later 

It’s true, people are jumping on defeats when crying for Farrell to be sacked. However, I can understand this considering there are a few times over the past couple of seasons where he legitimately should have been sacked.

That being said I think anyone who is criticising the brand of football this season has completely unrealistic expectations. Of course the Elgin and Peterhead defeats were very disappointing but the exaggeration on here about how bad we were was unbelievable. We could have been 3-0 up by half time in the Peterhead game. Yes - admittedly the second half became a painful watch as we lost of shape trying to force the issue. 

Anyone complaining about us ‘just passing the ball around’ probably doesn’t understand the reasons behind this. Possession-based football requires patience, you can’t expect a chance every two minutes. The same people were probably still complaining when we would defend deep and punt the ball long to our lone attacker. I personally know what I would rather watch.

To be honest, anyone who was expecting us to win every game just because we have strongest squad is slightly delusional imo. Whether you like Farrell or not, he completely changed the style to one more suitable for a team that need to win plenty of games. As long as we can stay in touch at the top of the league, we have more depth than any other team when injuries and fitness play a part later in the season.

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

I respect that mate. At least you aren't in hiding like the rest.

The rest who will be here demanding he goes after the next defeat.

Thanks for your concern Neilly, but aren't you the boys who once thought Stephen Swift was the Guardiola of the Ochils before eventually wanting him driven out of Larbert by a posse ?

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III