Sons' sorrow

23 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

On another note, it’s (just) under a 4 hour train journey from London to Annan. If the changeover back at Carlisle wasn’t so tight, I’d have been very tempted.

Well last time we were 4-0 down just after the hour mark so there might be an earlier train you could catch? 

3 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

Well last time we were 4-0 down just after the hour mark so there might be an earlier train you could catch? 

Ah, but that was a one-off freak result, that could never possibly happen on another occasion… except from when it did a few weeks earlier! 

Edited by FifeSons

Declan Byrne missing out due to work commitments this week. A completely pointless signing given his lack of minutes thus far. Get him punted out on loan and sign a dependable backup striker in January because we aren’t mounting a serious title challenge with Ross MacLean running around like a headless chicken up top in the event of a Michael Ruth injury.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Declan Byrne missing out due to work commitments this week. A completely pointless signing given his lack of minutes thus far. Get him punted out on loan and sign a dependable backup striker in January because we aren’t mounting a serious title challenge with Ross MacLean running around like a headless chicken up top in the event of a Michael Ruth injury.

I can't really argue with that, yet paradoxically arguably our most rampant attacking display so far was with McLean and Hilton at Ochilview, although that had much to do with Stenny's defensive frailties.

I'd like to see much more from Jinky Hilton and I'd be minded to push him ahead of Ross McLean, especially on grounds of temperament.

No match thread in the domestic cup forum. Are we really so unenthusiastic about tomorrow's game?

Disappointing to see Byrne unavailable. I know thats always a risk at this level of football, but Byrne hasn't given us anything. Also frustrated at just how unreliable Chucky is - he was unplayable through at Stenny earlier this year. His movement and link up with Hilton caused them no end of problems. Unfortunately we only get that from him 2 or 3 times a season.

Would be good to get Shiels back for tomorrow's game.

This is the most one sided game I've seen since our last visit to Galabank. If we had been 4/5-0 up I don't think Annan could've had too many complaints. An absolutely superb half.

Play anything like that in the second -half and we'll get over the line.