Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Sawkye said:

Has SF given a post match report free Saturday game?

Stenhousemuir 1-0 Dumbarton - Warriors punish Sons' lack of cutting edge

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/stenhousemuir-1-0-dumbarton-warriors-32052353#ICID=Android_DailyRecordNewsApp_AppShare

On 03/02/2024 at 21:44, FifeSons said:

You just know he won’t be bothered in the slightest that we’ve lost in his post-match interview. Defeats never seem to hurt him. It’ll be the usual nonsense, denial, dressing-up the shite run of form we’re on “we’ve done really well to go toe-to-toe with the best team in the league… if we keep playing like that, we’ll be a match for anyone”.

image.png.4a4b8afe60b80962cb3c6fbc9cbb8a46.png

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

image.png.4a4b8afe60b80962cb3c6fbc9cbb8a46.png

I wasn’t at the game on Saturday and I’m basing this purely on the highlights (which may of course be completely biased) but I thought Stenny looked a good bit better than us with what was a weakened team. It looked like we barely created a clear cut chance the entire game. I think I clocked maybe 2 semi decent looks at goal. The highlights also didn’t reflect well on the lad Lennon at all, it looked like he had a nightmare at left back and Stenny were getting a lot of joy down his side.

I fully appreciate that you can’t judge a game based on the highlights so I’m happy to be corrected.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I fully appreciate that you can’t judge a game based on the highlights so I’m happy to be corrected.

I think it felt like Dumbarton had far more chances than they did because of the number of corners. There's always a real fear when defending one and a real sense of anticipation when you get one, but they likelihood of scoring from one is far lower than you imagine. It's something like 3%

45 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I wasn’t at the game on Saturday and I’m basing this purely on the highlights (which may of course be completely biased) but I thought Stenny looked a good bit better than us with what was a weakened team. It looked like we barely created a clear cut chance the entire game. I think I clocked maybe 2 semi decent looks at goal. The highlights also didn’t reflect well on the lad Lennon at all, it looked like he had a nightmare at left back and Stenny were getting a lot of joy down his side.

I heard we didn’t really deserve to lose, but it’s just another one for the evidence folder of us not doing it in big games under him. If you could even call it a big game, I guess.

I also listened back to his post-match interview from the second leg of the Annan playoff today, for reasons I can’t explain, and he was all full of “we only need to go one step better next season, not two or three steps… we didn’t finish 4th in the league” “we need to try to go from 2nd to 1st” etc. Doesn’t really tie in with the “playoffs were always the aim” chat we’ve been getting recently.

Obviously if we went up through the playoffs, I don’t think anyone would complain, but it feels like it’s been totally brushed under the rug that we went from being in a title race going into the Stenny home game in December, to being completely out of it a month later, with 4 months of the season left... Feels a bit like we’re taken for idiots.

FWIW I don’t think the playoffs are guaranteed by any means. We’re about the worst form side in the league right now, and the trajectory feels much more downward than upward. And as much as I don’t like Ray McKinnon, or Dick Campbell, if he goes to East Fife, you’re looking at two much better managers than we’ve got in the chasing pack.

Edited by FifeSons

The more I read that shit the more angry I get. Invisible wankers telling us not to be worried, McKay thinking selling huge pockets of land next to our ground is a great idea if we get a plastic pitch out of it. 

The club is going doon the pan folks, these guys in charge will kill us. 

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

EB5164AE-4B2B-49C2-9838-A2A50530A434.thumb.jpeg.566fa13ff2b9ac52d975a1496dba6a2a.jpeg

Not sure if the article will be going online, I couldn’t seem to find it. I’ve no doubt @Jan Vojáček can keep us right.

It'll not be up online until tomorrow night (because I'm off today and we have no other staff). But for far flung Sons then I promise it'll be on the website by the time I log off tomorrow! 

For everyone local. Buy a paper (or flick through it in Morrisons, although it's about a thousand words so it might take some time...). It was an absolute slog to get it pulled together and (without wanting to go all Journalismy here) this is the sort of stuff that wouldn't be out there if we didn't exist anymore. So support is very much appreciated!

"It is in nobody's interest that the football club should stagnate."

Literally in complete contrast to what is actually happening. If the club isn't stagnating right now, then I have no idea what stagnating is.

This just makes me too angry.

Genuinely terrifying that Neil MacKay has been in such a trusted position in his day job.

"Cognitive Capital is made up of football fans and includes shareholders who have strong family ties to Dumbarton"

Meaning this guy. How reassuring.

image.png.cf865df34e01f713e4dbec4aff08bbce.png

Edited by FifeSons

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It'll not be up online until tomorrow night (because I'm off today and we have no other staff). But for far flung Sons then I promise it'll be on the website by the time I log off tomorrow! 

For everyone local. Buy a paper (or flick through it in Morrisons, although it's about a thousand words so it might take some time...). It was an absolute slog to get it pulled together and (without wanting to go all Journalismy here) this is the sort of stuff that wouldn't be out there if we didn't exist anymore. So support is very much appreciated!

10/10 for that wonderfully ambiguous headline Jan.