Sons' sorrow

13 hours ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Ian McCall getting the bag at Clyde with 2 points more than Faz has accumulated this far and without being 3 points adrift at the bottom………. 🤔 

We will never sack Faz, regardless of how the rest of the season goes. What will be interesting is whether they extend his contract.

12 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

We will never sack Faz, regardless of how the rest of the season goes. What will be interesting is whether they extend his contract.

Would Clyde consider Farrell as a candidate for their next manager?

39 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Would Clyde consider Farrell as a candidate for their next manager?

Even if Clyde were interested (which I don't think they will be, and more crucially nor will Farrell) they apparently have a huge hole in their budget and are now paying off McCall, there's no chance they'll pay a fee for their new manager. They'll take an out of work manager, probably Darren Young.

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

You are probably right but it shows that we should be considering his position. Given he was in charge when we were relegated his getting us promoted meant he started on a neutral basis in my eyes (not the managerial genius some seem to regard him as). Results so far are putting him firmly in negative territory.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Even if Clyde were interested (which I don't think they will be, and more crucially nor will Farrell) they apparently have a huge hole in their budget and are now paying off McCall, there's no chance they'll pay a fee for their new manager. They'll take an out of work manager, probably Darren Young.

What if we pay them to take Faz?! 😂 

For the current manager or any new manager, do we have any money for new players to bring in or do we have to make do with what we have got?

I want to see better play but ill take any kind of play for a cpl of wins just now but sometimes the down side of me thinks, Is League one too much for us this season?    If it is I can deal with it but I still look around teams and think, ffs we are better than them

We must be in contention for the worst start we’ve made to a season? At least in modern history. I suspect the only one that’s worse is the Alan Adamson start in what’s now the Championship? Even in the one where Murdo left and we barely took another point that season, we had 2 wins after a few games*

The last 3 games has totally changed the mood. I think you’d struggle to find a single Sons fan feeling positive right now. Losing to Montrose after absolutely battering them was a massive blow and has been a real turning-point.

*We had 2 points after 9 games in the Adamson season and 9 points after 9 games in the Fallon season, with 6 of those coming from Murdo. Following 2 seasons we had 6 points from 9, equal to now. 2000/2001 and 2010/2011 were also worse, both with 4 from 9 (credit to sonsarchive).

Edited by FifeSons

On 15/10/2024 at 08:27, FifeSons said:

We must be in contention for the worst start we’ve made to a season? At least in modern history. I suspect the only one that’s worse is the Alan Adamson start in what’s now the Championship? Even in the one where Murdo left and we barely took another point that season, we had 2 wins after a few games*

The last 3 games has totally changed the mood. I think you’d struggle to find a single Sons fan feeling positive right now. Losing to Montrose after absolutely battering them was a massive blow and has been a real turning-point.

*We had 2 points after 9 games in the Adamson season and 9 points after 9 games in the Fallon season, with 6 of those coming from Murdo. Following 2 seasons we had 6 points from 9, equal to now. 2000/2001 and 2010/2011 were also worse, both with 4 from 9 (credit to sonsarchive).

I think with the Fallon season it always looked like the wheels would fall off, despite those early victories, and with Adamson you questioned if we would ever be able to compete at that level.

Now though, we absolutely have the players to compete at League 1 level - this is no Championship league. To go weeks and weeks further into this season without a win would represent gross underachievement. The aim should be 3 points this coming Saturday at Gayfield.

13 hours ago, microdave said:

Nicky Devlin on for his Scotland debut.

Easy for me to criticise from the outside but thought a wee mention from the club where he began his professional career wouldn't go amiss. Especially to promote our youth development.

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

I think with the Fallon season it always looked like the wheels would fall off, despite those early victories, and with Adamson you questioned if we would ever be able to compete at that level.

Now though, we absolutely have the players to compete at League 1 level - this is no Championship league. To go weeks and weeks further into this season without a win would represent gross underachievement. The aim should be 3 points this coming Saturday at Gayfield.

I can’t see past another comfortable defeat, but sometimes Dumbarton (and Stevie Farrell) surprise you when you least expect it.

37 minutes ago, PWL said:

Easy for me to criticise from the outside but thought a wee mention from the club where he began his professional career wouldn't go amiss. Especially to promote our youth development.

It's strange because we've regularly congratulated guys who played for us on loan who went on to play for Scotland, some who weren't even that good for us, such as Brophy.