Sons' sorrow

Maybe we should start being realistic again, beaten by 4 full time teams, livi probably should have beaten us the last time, Raith, bogey team, why was mcginn a jack Ross signing exactly? Especially him not being the Manager? I would probably put them on a par Murray /Ross, maybe it's just our bad spell (hopefully)

Always feared when We lost Jack Ross that Ian Murray might struggle and this is looking the case. Squad looks very thin on numbers and quality at the moment. If we don't get at least 2 more decent players in then we may drop like a stone. Striker needed and we have the worst 2 full backs I can remember. Need some leadership on the park and straightforward tactics from the management

Bit harsh on van zanten, has played well to be fair since around the 0-0 at easter road after a mince start.

Canny play as a wing back though granted.

Bit harsh on van zanten, has played well to be fair since around the 0-0 at easter road after a mince start.

Canny play as a wing back though granted.

Agree with this. DVZ has been great, especially since he came back into the team a few weeks back, but is not a wing back. Granted, I thought he was our best player away to Raith last week!

Always sad when someone leaves and appears to be controversial . Good luck nishy as you'll be missed at the rock . I agree for height should have won more in air but over last year out best performances have had a fair contribution from nishy and out worst when he was missing from starting 11. No one in current squad even challenges for kick outs at the moment.

Always sad when someone leaves and appears to be controversial . Good luck nishy as you'll be missed at the rock . I agree for height should have won more in air but over last year out best performances have had a fair contribution from nishy and out worst when he was missing from starting 11. No one in current squad even challenges for kick outs at the moment.

Nish hardly ever attempted to really go for them, just moaned to the ref about any slight contact from defenders, if he jumped in like he wanted to win the headers he would have won most.

So glad he's away, hopefully this loan thing means we get another loanee in that has the same effect Kane did last year and still be looking to use the wages freed up from nish, shug etc to get some depth to us.

What's a 'development loan'? If we have 1 more loan available then that's a huge boost. In ye come Lawrence.

Its a loan for a youth player who is still of age to play in the Development League and doesn't count towards the 5 regular loans that you can have in a season.

Jack Ross maybe wasn't the brains but the players loved him and I think that influence showed on the park. I read above that Paul McGinn was a Jack Ross signing, that may be true but I'm told Owen Ronald was signed on Jacks confidence in him so you win some you lose some. Still, Jack is long gone and Nish has joined him so we need to move on and concentrate on improving what we have.

Always feared when We lost Jack Ross that Ian Murray might struggle and this is looking the case. Squad looks very thin on numbers and quality at the moment. If we don't get at least 2 more decent players in then we may drop like a stone. Striker needed and we have the worst 2 full backs I can remember. Need some leadership on the park and straightforward tactics from the management

!!!!! You clearly have a short memory - or else you haven't watched us for long.

We've had way worse full backs than the present two; even in recent times.

No he doesn't !!! And yesterday as our main striker did hid best work ride right and couldn't cross in as he wasn't in the middle. Garry Fleming is a terrific midfielder and support player at this level. He is not a main striker/ target man and unless we realise this soon we have problems . At times Gary gets caught under kick outs and is easily beaten aka yesterday/ raith and qos

If Jack Ross was the brains then why didn't that show in the first half of our first season in this league under Alan Adamson? Why such a turnaround when Murray took over?

Perhaps Adamson wasn't listening to him Wilf, added to the fact that the players simply didn't 'believe' in a manager who had come to be in charge of a Championship team by dint only of being an inexperienced assistant to the previous (sacked) manager.

That may be supposition on my part, but I remember being in hospitality before a game when an experienced Sons player exited the ground before kick-off after a blow-up with the manager. That suggests there were issues Wilf, and never mind Ian Murray, you and I could probably have had some sort of impact, how low had the morale become.

Just to emphasise how important the assistant manager is at DFC, I understand he supervises the training sessions in Ian Murray's absence.