Sons' sorrow

I prefer him as a number ten, and I think the way our season has went, I'd prefer another big striker ahead of him, one better than Craig was, someone interested, but if it's a wee guy, they'll need to be someone special, especially rapid, we've had alot of small strikers over the years with good reputation's, but failed. Mcquilken, or mckelvie to name but two

Edited by optimistic

No. Mainly because he's not a striker. Play him on the wing and he'll probably get you a few goals.

I thought a couple of his best games were when he ran mock up front against Falkirk away. I always wanted to see him up top more. He was originally a striker at Aberdeen

The boss also revealed that another signing may be confirmed later today.

He said: "We are hopefully going to be in a position to announce an addition before we go into to tomorrow's game."

All this excitement can't be good for my heart. Surely this one will be a striker?

Are we struggling to compete with other teams around us during this window?, walsh apart, we've been quite limited with our signings, should we expect another signing before tomorrow's game? Aitken did say"deals" in his tweet last night.

Don't get me wrong, I am a little bit concerned when you see the likes of Livi snapping up a fair few decent looking signings this window. But I think it is fair to say that at the start of the season Stevie was still learning about management at this level and we made a couple of signings that just didn't work out. So I can to an extent understand why he isn't rushing into too many deals. I am pretty sure he is actively on the lookout and will be right up until the last day of the window.

How many full loans do we have left now anyway?

Edited by squeezeboxson

Are we struggling to compete with other teams around us during this window?, walsh apart, we've been quite limited with our signings, should we expect another signing before tomorrow's game? Aitken did say"deals" in his tweet last night.

I think there will be at least 1 more judging by Aitken's tweet.

We're always going to struggle with those around us simply down to the fact they are full-time and can ultimately offer more money. A lot of players don't like the thought of dropping to part-time.

In terms of part-timers we're probably top of the chain in terms of signing the best best players. The likes of Ayr (think they now have some full-timers?) Aren't far behind but our Championship status probably gives us the edge.

I think Stevie's approach is the correct one. He obviously learned his lesson from the summer and will only recruit players who he feels will improve the squad. No more Duggans, Smiths, Ronalds and Millers hopefully.

Cheers. Dunno where I got tweet from :lol:

Still slightly out my tits after my Kler Heh buzz last night. Hopefully this signing is announced before the comedown kicks in. Double dunting on new signings, here we fuckin go.

I woke up still absolutely buzzing with the excitement from last night. The once in a decade moment where we sign a genuinely obscure player with an interesting history had finally happened again.

I was more excited than I ever was on Christmas morning as a kid when I clicked on the link, scary how well Alan Findlay - assuming he was operating the Twitter last night - knows me :lol:

The only downside is that I'm in work at the moment, and this is going to seriously affect my productivity.