Sons' sorrow

Heard that today as well.

Cracking player who will do all the dirty bits extremely effectively. Don't expect a flowing playmaker, or someone who's great with the ball at his feet, what you'll get is a really hard worker who is a joy to watch tackling people*.

He gets a nose bleed when he goes beyond his own half, and near collapses when he gets anywhere near the opposition penalty area mind you.

Will be a massive loss for ourselves, and one that I wouldn't be hugely confident we could replace.

*I use this asterix because he does occasionally produce some absolute shockers, see this on Tuesday

:

Sounds like the exact type of player we need. We've been crying out for a midfielder like that all season.

Routledge is a very good player. High work rate. Good positional sense. He reads the game well and always seems to put himself where he has to be.

He doesn't offer a lot going forward and isn't going to be creative, but he'll do the grafting and let more creative players play their game.

Jono is really under rated i think.  He's great at breaking up play and shielding the cb's, but not creative or a goal threat.

Couldnt grudge him a move full time again, but its not like he'd be moving to a better or bigger team.

The fact S08 has heard the Routledge rumour fills me with disappointment.

I only got on from a guy who had read it on Twitter to be fair, so it could quite possibly be a load of drivel. Where did you hear it Scosha?

Sounds like the exact type of player we need. We've been crying out for a midfielder like that all season.

Darren Miller's yer man, he's with Kilbirnie now but I'm sure he'd jump (two footed) at the chance to join you lot #666

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

I only got on from a guy who had read it on Twitter to be fair, so it could quite possibly be a load of drivel. Where did you hear it Scosha?

Darren Miller yer man, he's with Kilbirnie now but I'm sure he'd jump (two footed) at the chance to join you lot #666

Seen it on Twitter as well but a decent source to be fair.

A midfielder... who can tackle? Has Duffy had a knock to the head? Surely that's what centre backs are for?

Duffy to play him at centre back - 1/4

Duffy to play him at right wing - 2/6

Duffy to play him in holding midfield - 13/1

Jono been good but to be honest no better than that . Doesn't offer enough going forward and picks up silly bookings .

Think his type of player easily replaceable

Really? As a part time club in this league I feel we've done well to get guys like Jono. We'll do extremely well to replace him next year.

He's done fine but maybe im greedy and want more out my midfielders .

I don't deny the guy a another full time stint and wish him well

Wouldn't fear him against us

Aye, agree he's not particularly a guy to be feared, but he's exactly the type of player that keeps the players we have that other teams should fear, quiet. He's absolutely essential to a part time team in this league.

Aye, agree he's not particularly a guy to be feared, but he's exactly the type of player that keeps the players we have that other teams should fear, quiet. He's absolutely essential to a part time team in this league.

So was the Enforcer, John McStay, back in the day. He was essential too.

Duffy to play him at right wing - 2/6

/quote]

You're no gambler, are you?

It's 1/3, not 2/6. You use the lowest common denominator. HTH.

Hawl I went into a bookies for the first time in my life yesterday #experienced

I used the toilet and sheltered from the rain and my mate put a coupon on, but still.

I was just typing out numbers to be honest  :lol: It sounded good in my head.

Hawl I went into a bookies for the first time in my life yesterday #experienced

I used the toilet and sheltered from the rain and my mate put a coupon on, but still.

I was just typing out numbers to be honest  :lol: It sounded good in my head.

Frankly my damn, I don't give a dear. Numbers are numbers, :lol:

Your experience in the bookies yesterday should be sufficient to ensure you keep the f**k away from them for the rest of your natural.

Please learn this from someone who worked in a bookies, has spent money in a bookies, and won the square root of zero form the bookies over a 40 year span!

Jono been good but to be honest no better than that . Doesn't offer enough going forward and picks up silly bookings .

Think his type of player easily replaceable

I thought that Routledge has been one of our most consistent players this season in holding role. That being said, Barr played a blinder as the holding mid tonight.

If he leaves the silver lining might be his replacement having a degree of creativity.

Also not the greatest fan of Routledge. He has had a number of great games for us, but has also had too many stinkers for my liking. I understand our team have had too many off days, but he has been bad on days where the team haven't.

He is a great player to have when you are winning games, slows the game down and cuts out anything coming through the middle of the park. But is most frustrating when you are chasing a game. Too slow and not creative enough. I get that it isn't his game.

He may actually be more suited to a team who win more often. Maybe if you pair him with someone who is more or less the complete opposite - a pacey, creative, running attacking midfielder - you'd get the most from him.

Wouldn't be against Garry being his replacement if we could bring in/hold onto strikers.

Edited by squeezeboxson