Sons' sorrow

Beany aint getting any younger and I'd hate to see one of our players diving around so embarassingly. That being said if he wraps that pish I'd happily take him.

If his diving wins us penalties and keeps us up I will fully endorse it.

Mikey Miller will definitely be away. Was quite pleased when he signed but he has been pretty brutal, with the odd decent performance. Would you guys take him back?

Where's he been played mainly with you lot? He was young when he was with us but looked like a very solid centre-half at this level, also was outstanding against Aberdeen at Pittodrie. I'd take him back.

The prospect of having Buchanan, Miller and Saunders as our three centre-halfs would be very decent for me.

If his diving wins us penalties and keeps us up I will fully endorse it.

Where's he been played mainly with you lot? He was young when he was with us but looked like a very solid centre-half at this level, also was outstanding against Aberdeen at Pittodrie. I'd take him back.

The prospect of having Buchanan, Miller and Saunders as our three centre-halfs would be very decent for me.

Mostly centre mid. He's been playing right back recently. I think he's played once at centre half, he just doesn't look physically capable to play there, outmuscled too much and is rubbish in the air. He has played some good games at centre mid, decent on the ball and puts himself about now and again.

Mostly centre mid. He's been playing right back recently. I think he's played once at centre half, he just doesn't look physically capable to play there, outmuscled too much and is rubbish in the air. He has played some good games at centre mid, decent on the ball and puts himself about now and again.

I'm actually slightly concerned we'll see another released defender of yours heading our way...

Strange that he seems to have regressed since he left us. I still think there's a player there based on what I've seen, although he was poor at RB for us in the one game he played there.

Still we've a decent history of doing well with 'Ton rejects

Strange that he seems to have regressed since he left us. I still think there's a player there based on what I've seen, although he was poor at RB for us in the one game he played there.

Still we've a decent history of doing well with 'Ton rejects

Am I right in saying he played left back against us at Cappielow when we beat you guys 3-0 when we had Kenny Shiels as manager? He was probably your best player that day.

Seen as it's a slow day at work, here's my keep and punt list

Keep

Gregor Buchanan

Mark Docherty

Scott Taggart

Steven Saunders (as a CB where he won me over a bit)

Miley Hopkins

Jamie Ewings

Jon Routledge

Garry Fleming

Donald McCallum

Christian Nade

Would keep, but wouldn't break the bank to keep

Darren Barr - Been fine, stood out in some games but just been fine for the rest. If he goes full-time then that's fine and good luck to him, but I wouldn't be breaking the budget to keep him

Frazer Wright - Very harsh I know, but I don't know how long he'll be able to go on for and Buchanan and Saunders at CB would do me fine. Potentially a waste of a wage.

Punt

Mark Brown - Think we all think this

Grant Gallagher - Nowhere near this level

Jordan Kirkpatrick - Not a chance he'll stay

Kevin Cawley - Flashes of decent play, but less than Calum Waters despite having 5 x the game time. Loses possession continually

Paul Heffernan - Clever runs. That's about it. Legs appear to be gone and is a poor finisher

Combining that with loan players returning:

Lindsay - Have back in a heartbeat

Waters - Would sign if he's released by Celtic, definitely a player in there. Just on the wing not at LB

Walsh - Decent enough

Heh -Who?

Assuming that all the players leave then that would be about 11 new signings we should be looking at.

Mikey Miller looking like he'll be let go by Morton...

Agree with these.

I think taggart might want to leave, and iv heard Buchanan is away too.

Even though they are both good, I'd probably only bring back one of either routledge or Barr, having both of them there affects us going forward. If we swapped one of them for a similar standard of player but more of a "number 8" id be happy.

Am I right in saying he played left back against us at Cappielow when we beat you guys 3-0 when we had Kenny Shiels as manager? He was probably your best player that day.

Aye I think he did, even if I have tried to wipe that day from my memory. IIRC we lined up like this:

Ewings

Paul McGinn Andy Graham Mark Mclaughlin Mikey Miller

Plenty of Renfrewshire in that back four 

:lol:

In all seriousness, did McKeown feature at all in the league or did his injury occur before league games started?

Has he even fully recovered from the injury?

No mate, not one game. I don't think he's fully recovered, he was meant to be back involved in full training by February. But he wasn't so I assume he's still struggling.

It's a shame for the guy, he waited a while to get a crack at FT football and that happens.

Aye I think he did, even if I have tried to wipe that day from my memory. IIRC we lined up like this:

Ewings

Paul McGinn Andy Graham Mark Mclaughlin Mikey Miller

Plenty of Renfrewshire in that back four

McGinns Dad was my history teacher. Good guy.

Where is big Andy now?

Seen as it's a slow day at work, here's my keep and punt list

Keep

Gregor Buchanan

Mark Docherty

Scott Taggart

Steven Saunders (as a CB where he won me over a bit)

Miley Hopkins

Jamie Ewings

Jon Routledge

Garry Fleming

Donald McCallum

Christian Nade

Would keep, but wouldn't break the bank to keep

Darren Barr - Been fine, stood out in some games but just been fine for the rest. If he goes full-time then that's fine and good luck to him, but I wouldn't be breaking the budget to keep him

Frazer Wright - Very harsh I know, but I don't know how long he'll be able to go on for and Buchanan and Saunders at CB would do me fine. Potentially a waste of a wage.

Punt

Mark Brown - Think we all think this

Grant Gallagher - Nowhere near this level

Jordan Kirkpatrick - Not a chance he'll stay

Kevin Cawley - Flashes of decent play, but less than Calum Waters despite having 5 x the game time. Loses possession continually

Paul Heffernan - Clever runs. That's about it. Legs appear to be gone and is a poor finisher

Combining that with loan players returning:

Lindsay - Have back in a heartbeat

Waters - Would sign if he's released by Celtic, definitely a player in there. Just on the wing not at LB

Walsh - Decent enough

Heh -Who?

Assuming that all the players leave then that would be about 11 new signings we should be looking at.

Mikey Miller looking like he'll be let go by Morton...

I wouldn't be over fussed if sparky left, slow, caught out of position too often, but has a cracking delivery,

Taggart will leave if Saunders stays, and I prefer Saunders, solid defender.

Mikey, seen nothing to deserve a new contract.

Routledge, presumably away, gives nothing going forward, but if not Lindsay, then yeah, keep him.

Walsh, rotten. Don't believe the hype.

Cawley probably worth another crack, he's better than we've seen I think.

Gallagher may improve now he has a year under his belt, gives defense respite when under the cosh carrying it forward,

I wouldn't be over fussed if sparky left, slow, caught out of position too often, but has a cracking delivery,

Routledge, presumably away, gives nothing going forward, but if not Lindsay, then yeah, keep him.

Gallagher may improve now he has a year under his belt, gives defense respite when under the cosh carrying it forward,

I'm astounded to see you call Walsh rotten, think Sparky is undeserving of a new deal and believe Cawley and Gallagher should be retained.

It's all about opinions I suppose but dilly ding dilly dong man!

I have no idea what's going on rn

Sparky might not have much pace, but he's a solid, hardworking defender and a real leader. Walsh has been decent, not an absolute standout but hunners of times better than Cawley.

We all know my views on/agenda against Gallagher. I see a guy who tries relatively hard, but lacks all the basic assets to be a footballer at this level. I've genuinely no idea what anybody sees in him that makes him worthy of another wage. Punt him to the sea

Even though they are both good, I'd probably only bring back one of either routledge or Barr, having both of them there affects us going forward. If we swapped one of them for a similar standard of player but more of a "number 8" id be happy.

If we retained Barr it should be as a CB. If Jono is indeed away, it does offer the opportunity to completely re-build our midfield. Two of Buchanan, Wright, Saunders and Barr at CB would be a decent start.