Sons' sorrow

You get far too excited over pre-season :lol:

Sure do!
Josh Todd is the trialist...annan ath midfielder

Good player, would be pleased if we got him in. I'm sure there is a compensation issue, though Skyline Drifter will be able to confirm.

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Sure do!

Good player, would be pleased if we got him in. I'm sure there is a compensation issue, though Skyline Drifter will be able to confirm.

His goals to games ratio for a midfielder is decent

His goals to games ratio for a midfielder is decent

18 last season. Liking the sound of him a lot.

He's coming on by the looks of things, wonder if he's here to make up numbers or if we can actually bring in another permanent player.

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Thommo <3

Thought we've been pretty good. Our movement is ten times better than last year and in Stirling and Smith we have two players willing to take folk on and relieve a bit of pressure off the defence.

Can you confirm the handsomeness of this guy from Annan!?

Decent wee game. Thomson was good again and that was a tidy finish for his goal. He looks pretty versatile for a forward which I like - can challenge for long balls for days but also great with the ball at his feet. Gallagher definitely looks more promising that last season and I'm liking the look of Garry Fleming playing the deep midfield role.

Think I'd take Todd if we can afford to. Worked very hard and had some flashes of brilliance.
Stevenson definitely looks like he's getting fitter and some of the balls he puts in and around the box are phenomenal.

On to the "real stuff" next week. Buzzing!

Thought we looked decent today. Finished 2-1 to Motherwell but by the time they scored we Fleming and Pettigrew at centre hawf and Gal at right back :lol:

Smith, Berba and Pettigrew done well. Really like the look of Smith, his deliveries into the box have been superb and he's rapid fast. Fleming done a fine job in midfield, fair spraying some nice passes around.

Thought the lad Todd looked like he has something about him. Not sure why we're giving him a game if there is compensation required for his signature mind you. Wouldn't be against us taking a punt but it wont be happening in Annan are looking for compo.

Ewings and Brown both looked pretty shaky today. Dunno what Ewings was thinking for one of the goals.

I was actually quite impressed with the way the team played, especially in the first half before all the subs/injuries changed the formation quite a lot.

As mentioned already, finishing with neither of our first choice CB pairing on the park was always going to cause trouble. Gall looks quite good, but what did we think of him at this point last season??

My biggest problem is that I feel Stevo could be a passenger this season. His set pieces are absolutely excellent, but he doesn't contribute so much in open play. I fear we can't afford that luxury when we will be under pressure a lot of the season. I hope I'm wrong!

Finally, it is hard to say whether Ewings or Pettigrew is at fault for the last goal. Thought it should have been the 'keepers ball. But if he has shouted (which I'm not sure he did!) then it is the defenders fault. If he hasn't shouted, then it is his fault!

Looked like we tried to play a type of 4-3-3 today too. Fleming, Gallagher and Stevo in midfield with Stirling, Berbathom and Smith pushing up as far as possible. Liked the look of the team but we are woefully short on bodies. Pettigrew looks composed and solid. Would take Todd but can't see us forking out compo for him.

First 20 minutes we hardly touched the ball, but settled after that, and Thomson scored a lovely overhead kick, Smith and Stirling looked like they could be useful, Smith surprisingly jumping and winning headers, Stirling, I think I'm going to enjoy watching, has an eye for what's ahead, Stevenson doesn't run alot, but flummoxed his man a good few times, and can ping a ball, Thomson chases everything, and usually wins it, Josh would be dangerous once the season is up and running if we can afford him. Pity ewings and Pettigrew got confused with each other, Buchanan injury looked worrying??????

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He isnt a midfielder. Or at least wasnt at Annan. Striker though can play wide.

And yes Annan would be due compensation for him.

I've nae idea if you'd know this, but you seem like the best guy to ask, how much (roughly) would that amount be?

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I've nae idea if you'd know this, but you seem like the best guy to ask, how much (roughly) would that amount be?

Not going to discuss numbers on it. Not my place. There were people quoting figures a few pages back on our thread if you want to go look.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Not going to discuss numbers on it. Not my place. There were people quoting figures a few pages back on our thread if you want to go look.

No worries, I'll have a wee swatch on your thread.