NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I'm still having a hard time getting this Alex Smith trade.

It's pretty expensive and why bother right now? It's a second day pick and they'll pick second in the second round. The concencus is that the difference between the QBs is so marginal that you've as good a chance hitting on a guy in the second round as you do in the first.

So why don't they just wait and see how the Thursday nighy shakes out, see which QBs are left and if they don't like any of the options then OK call San Francisco.

It just doesn't make sense as a decision to me and Reid's thinking has been a bit sketchy over the last couple of years. I didn't think they should have given him that job and I don't feel this has been a good start.

Been watching Chance videos. I really hope the Jets have too many needs and pass on him at #9.

He's exactly what the Titans need at #10

If either Dion Jordan or Ziggy Ansah are available, I think we'll take them first. Rex loves his versatile athletic players and these two fit the bill.

I'm still having a hard time getting this Alex Smith trade.

It's pretty expensive and why bother right now? It's a second day pick and they'll pick second in the second round. The concencus is that the difference between the QBs is so marginal that you've as good a chance hitting on a guy in the second round as you do in the first.

So why don't they just wait and see how the Thursday nighy shakes out, see which QBs are left and if they don't like any of the options then OK call San Francisco.

It just doesn't make sense as a decision to me and Reid's thinking has been a bit sketchy over the last couple of years. I didn't think they should have given him that job and I don't feel this has been a good start.

Obviously the Chiefs didn't like the options available. They met with Geno Smith (and probably all the other QB's) and no one stood out. Just because you think there isn't much difference, doesn't mean the Chiefs do. Wait until after the draft, aye? When Alex Smith would have already signed for another team.

I don't agree with them trading for Alex Smith but I can see why they did it.

So, predictions for the first overall pick in the 2014 draft?

I'm going with the New York Jets.

Yes please.

teddytd.jpg

Very early prediction for me is the Jags.

Not even the Jets would be that stupid to trade Revis to the Cheats.

Falcons release John Abraham, Michael Turner and Dunta Robinson saving just under $19 million in cap space

It was an article about how the Pats could pick him up if he becomes a FA in 2014. It was just scary seeing him wearing anything other than green and white.

Bills franchise tag Jairus Byrd which removes one very good player from the FA market but will ensure another - Andy Levitre - hits the market.

Tough choice but I believe it's the right one.

The Bills can still sign Levitre.

The Bills can still sign Levitre.

They can but it sounds like that's not likely to happen.

It's a shame but I always thought Cordy Glenn would have been an outstanding guard but the Bills played him at LT. He did well there tbf and the Bills have good depth in the inside of the line so I'm sure he'll go.

They can but it sounds like that's not likely to happen.

It's a shame but I always thought Cordy Glenn would have been an outstanding guard but the Bills played him at LT. He did well there tbf and the Bills have good depth in the inside of the line so I'm sure he'll go.

The Bills have a poor line and their backup Guard is also a FA. The only reason he will go is if he wants a ridiculous amount of money. 5 year $35m for Levitre, similar to what Carl Nicks got last year, IMO.