NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Don't know if any of you guys are looking to get into a Dynasty League in fantasy football. I know we have our fantasy league each season and that is quite good, but I like to also have a dynasty league which is much more intense.

A guy on nfluk is looking to start up a dynasty league with the following setup

32 teams

£25 enty fee - winner gets some of the prize money, don't know how the rest is distributed

40 man roster - offensive and defensive players and special teams

Start up auction

Salary system

If you like the idea of it, take a look at the layout here

If you want to join up, contact this guy

welsh_wiz86@yahoo.co.uk

One thing about a dynasty league is that it keeps the interest gpoing all year because you have to keep on top of the draft, trades etc etc so you can continue to improve your team.

I'm joining a dynasty league this year.

Don't know if any of you guys are looking to get into a Dynasty League in fantasy football. I know we have our fantasy league each season and that is quite good, but I like to also have a dynasty league which is much more intense.

A guy on nfluk is looking to start up a dynasty league with the following setup

32 teams

£25 enty fee - winner gets some of the prize money, don't know how the rest is distributed

40 man roster - offensive and defensive players and special teams

Start up auction

Salary system

If you like the idea of it, take a look at the layout here

If you want to join up, contact this guy

welsh_wiz86@yahoo.co.uk

One thing about a dynasty league is that it keeps the interest gpoing all year because you have to keep on top of the draft, trades etc etc so you can continue to improve your team.

The auction makes it much better to get the roster I want and I don't have to rely on getting a favourable draft slot. Already joined a Dynasty league for the new season but I'm getting involved in this too.

Yea mate . Decent interviews with Tyrann mathieu, Alex Okafor and Scott Pioli

Aw I must have missed that one!

I was meaning the Barkley/Lattimore one.

I downloaded the 28th February one. Quite like listening to Bucky Brooks

Really good point on the Rich Eisen podcast this week with implications for the Manti Te'o situation.

They were speaking with Pat McAfee, the Colts punter, and he said that a similar situation happened to him. His teammates got him to join Twitter and soon he had women asking to be his friend or whatever the process is on the site and sending him messages. It turned out to be a woman who was just trying to get close to pro athletes with the intent of extorting them.

McAfee said this happens to quite a lot of the single and otherwise engaged guys in a locker room and it really isn't a big deal. It was quite a level-headed yet refreshing and enlightening take on the situation which maybe speaks more about how sensationalised this story has been.

I'll admit I personally found his behaviour very suspicious and I still do. But it just made me think about you know yourself, you go into a situation you're unfamiliar with, someone is nice and friendly to you, you appreciate it and maybe you start to see things that aren't there. It's very understandable.

He'll be a decent, productive player in the NFL but he's not a huge playmaker so I'd only take him if the big splash players had gone.

Edited by Pride_of_the_Clyde

Jay Glazer reporting that the Ravens have agreed a new contract with Joe Flacco which will make him the highest paid player in the NFL. Numbers rumoured to be in the region of $20million per year.

Massive mistake by the Ravens. They are tight on the cap and paying an not yet elite QB over $20m a year will seriously impact there chances of getting back to a Superbowl anytime soon. They will almost certainly lose both Ed Reid and Anquain Bolden now.

We need to wait until the numbers come out. Brees was guaranteed $40m of a 5 year, $100m contract. If Flacco is guaranteed more than $48m of his 6 year contract, it will be a bigger deal.

I would be surprised if Ozzie Newsome did this.