NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Hey man it's just my opinion and I hope it's wrong for your sake. But he just hasn't shown me much. That being said iv not seen them as much as you my friend

No worries man. I may be looking at things thru tinted specs.

He was injured a lot last year but when he wasn't early on he looked great. We'll see.

I have confidence :unsure2:

Looks like Broncos could run their backs by committee tonight. Be interesting to see if Ball can make a breakthrough on his start. Hillman will be hoping to keep the ball in his hands. Probably means that Moreno will have the best stats come end of game.

Manning will be looking to take to the air early doors to try and build a two score lead but what do I know?

I hate this London team propaganda.

Horrible idea and I hope it never happens

I hope it doesn't, but if it does, the c***s pushing for it deserve to be made fools of whilst it dies on its arse.

I take it Sky Sports are still pushing this?

To begin with they would probably sell out a season or two, but after that would die on it's arse. Every one I know has supported their teams for anywhere between 10 years (the last of my mates to get into watching American Football), to around 25-30 years (the rest of us). Do they think people will just magically stop supporting their teams? Yeah, some will, but nowhere near enough to sustain.

I'm not saying I'm pro London franchise, but I don't buy the 'I support another team' bit. you telling me that if you are a giants fan and you end up in California you wouldn't go watch one of the local teams?

There is no real tie to the teams for many fans and thus football fans will go watch football.

It could work, but it would take a lot of effort. Again, Im not saying I'm Pro

To begin with they would probably sell out a season or two, but after that would die on it's arse. Every one I know has supported their teams for anywhere between 10 years (the last of my mates to get into watching American Football), to around 25-30 years (the rest of us). Do they think people will just magically stop supporting their teams? Yeah, some will, but nowhere near enough to sustain.

Aye they were talking to Al Saunders, ex Ram OC when they had the greatest show on turf, who works with the Raiders now as an assistant, he was born in London and they were pushing questions to him about how great does he think a London team would be.

I agree totally with what you said too btw, as well as the fact people aren't going to be able to afford or manage to give up time travelling into London every game, season upon season. Doomed after a brief honeymoon period.

Edited by Jobber

My issue is that this team will be an "expansion" team so will suck for 2-3 years ala the Texans. A poor side that go's 2-14, 4-12 will not generate support from the UK supporters. Games at Wembley will be played in front of 35,000 fans and the "London Whatever's" will die on its arse