NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Yeah, and Im thinking it could be good in rubgy playing countries.

Off the top of my head teams in

Scotland

England

Wales

Ireland

Germany

France

Holland

Italy

A UK conference and a Euro Conference. Not saying this is right as stated above Germany is possibly the biggest market but a starter for ten.

Gives a top tier level for all the local league players in these countries as well as a place for the unsigned and development players. Worth a trying again?!

Season run from mid May to mid August giving time for players to gel before and recover after so the top performers could feature in the NFL season too!

Edited by Simplistic

I don't think that would work mate

Awww come on, you've got to give me more than that!! Do you think there isn't a market in Europe or more the details I suggested and if the details what do you think might work?

It might be a one year wonder but then interest would fade and games would be played in front of empty stadiums. I also don't think it would work having a team in the 4 country's of the UK. Is American Football big in Italy or Holland?

I like how your coming up with ideas tho. Go tweet Goodell and see what he thinks

Holland was based on the fact they had a fairly well supported team in NFL Europe.

I was being perhaps too generous with the UK team but could spread it better. I think Germany would have two well supported teams.

I Think where the NFL Europe went a little wrong was playing at huge grounds. Play at the most rugby grounds and it could sell out every week.

I'm fairly certain Mr Goodell would ignored tweets sadly. (is he even on twitter?!)

My thoughts are, it'd be massive in Germany.

Not sure about this. When there were just 2 WLAF/NFLE teams in Germany, they had good crowds - 35-45,000.

When they brought in others, the market was found to be almost saturated, adding relatively no new fans, and taking fans away from Frankfurt and Düsseldorf.

The Germans have their own semi-pro league (AFVB).

I don't consider the Germam market big enough to sustain more than 2 NFL teams.

I'm really not sure another shot at NFL Europe would work right now. Having a couple more International Series games while focusing on developing the domestic leagues should be the priority (perhaps the NFL could offer a bit of help to the top European leagues?) Then review in another few years. Even the German market where the game is probably the most popular in Europe only attracts about 2000-2500 for even the very top games. There's a lot of work to do before NFL Europe makes a comeback, but maybe in the future.

The NFL being so widely available on TV throughout Europe (and to a lesser extent top college games too) I feel would mean fans just wouldn't be flocking to what would be perceived (probably correctly) as second rate games. At least with the current amateur/semi-pro leagues, the few fans who do go are aware that they're not seeing NFL quality football.

Kyle Love has been cut by the Pats after being diagnosed with type II diabetes. Picked up by the Jags not long after though via waiver.

Cut because he has diabetes? Would the cut Brady if he was diagnosed as well ?

The Patriots really are filth