NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Vince Young trying out for the Packers

I didn't know this but his record as a starter is a very decent 31-19

I didn't think his record was that good. I've always though VY was a good computer game player, had all those atrributes but he couldn't translate that into success in the real world.

I didn't think his record was that good. I've always though VY was a good computer game player, had all those atrributes but he couldn't translate that into success in the real world.

His head wasn't right by all accounts when he walked out on the Titans

I still watch the last drive from time to time and still get chills. Still the best SB IMO. The one the Giants won a few years back could rival it.

Should never have come to that tho. We dominated the second half and knew what Warner was capable of after doing exact same to Tampa in the Championship game. We got level and just switched off. Great pass to Bruce (I fucking hate him). We had the momentum to force the punt and drive for a game winning FG.

I'm still bitter and I doubt I'll ever see us there again. We've had good teams since but the Ratbirds seem to have our number in the playoffs.

You say it should never have came to that because you dominated the 2nd half. It should have been finished before HT. We made 5 red zone trips without a TD. That, for an Offence that good is really poor. I would have to blame Mad Mike for that. I know Our O was pass happy and rightly so with the weapons we had but Faulk was shckingly under used. Especially in the red zone. I think if he was used properly we score 2/3 in the first half and out of site.

Not that I'm complaining because what a great finish. I don't think I would have lasted watching that live.

What ever happend to George? Can't say I know anything about him, being a fairly new fan but judgeing on that game alone he looked a stud.

Edited by Stevie Les

Any of you lads looked at the betting for the upcoming season?

After a quick perusal a few things leap out at me:

Aaron Rodgers for MVP @ 10s.

NY Jets to make the playoffs @ 9s.

The Saints to win the NFC South @ 2s.

On an unrelated note though, my bet of the year, nay lifetime, has to be:

Stanford to win the PAC-12 @ 6s!

St Louis are 15-2 to win the west... I am biased but that's a good bet.

Pretty amazing whats happened to that division, it wasn't so long ago it was won with a losing record. Can't see a scenario where St Louis wins it though, possible wildcard shot.

Pretty amazing whats happened to that division, it wasn't so long ago it was won with a losing record. Can't see a scenario where St Louis wins it though, possible wildcard shot.

Sam Bradford is younger than Kaepernick and has 3 seasons behind him instead of Kaepernicks 10 games. St Louis has arguably the best front 7 in football. St Louis projects to be the youngest team in NFL history this season.

It might not be this year but we are going to be very good for a very long time.

Sam Bradford is younger than Kaepernick and has 3 seasons behind him instead of Kaepernicks 10 games. St Louis has arguably the best front 7 in football. St Louis projects to be the youngest team in NFL history this season.

It might not be this year but we are going to be very good for a very long time.

Whats your thoughts on Bradford, will he make it? I imagine this is a big year for him.