NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

There's no mention of Keller in our write up so unsure if its considered that but it makes for lovely reading. For anyone interested they predict the season as:

AFC

EAST

Miami (10-6)

Pats (9-7)

Bills (5-11)

Jets (4-12)

NORTH

Bengals (11-5)

Ravens (9-7)

Steelers (9-7)

Browns (5-11)

SOUTH

Texans (11-5)

Colts (8-6)

Titans (6-10)

Jaguars (4-12)

WEST

Broncos (13-3)

KC (10-6)

Chargers (5-11)

Raiders (4-12)

NFC

EAST

Skins (10-6)

Cowboys (8-8)

Giants (8-8)

Eagles (6-10)

NORTH

GB (11-5)

Bears (9-7)

Vikings (7-9)

Lions (5-11)

SOUTH

Atlanta (11-5)

Tampa Bay (9-7)

Carolina (7-9)

Saints (6-10)

WEST

Seahawks (13-3)

49ers (13-3)

Rams (7-9)

Arizona (3-13)

PLAYOFFS

AFC

Texans bt Ravens

Dolphins bt KC

Texans bt Bengals

Broncos bt Dolphins

Broncos bt Texans

NFC

Falcons bt Bucs

49ers bt Skins

Packers bt Falcons

Seahawks bt 49ers

Seahawks bt Packers

SUPERBOWL

Broncos bt Seahawks

This thread has been great the last couple of days. Great discussions from everyone.

Aaron Curry has retired after his release from the Giants. He was the 4th overall pick by the Seahawks in 08.

That's a damn shame, he cant even be 30 years old yet. Good player for the Seagulls too, pity he couldnt get back to that form for us :(

That's a damn shame, he cant even be 30 years old yet. Good player for the Seagulls too, pity he couldnt get back to that form for us :(

He was lazy b*****d who had a shitload of talent but just didn't want to commit his life to being a NFL player

I heard on the ESPN Football today podcast that the Lions were considering taking him instead of Stafford as the number 1 pick in 08

Changed my predictions already. :lol:

I put the 49ers as the 6th seed instead of the Giants. I think they'll have a down year but will still be able to squeak out 10 wins. It was really stupid and hipstery for me not to include them in the playoffs to begin with.

There's no mention of Keller in our write up so unsure if its considered that but it makes for lovely reading. For anyone interested they predict the season as:

AFC

EAST

Miami (10-6)

Pats (9-7)

Bills (5-11)

Jets (4-12)

NORTH

Bengals (11-5)

Ravens (9-7)

Steelers (9-7)

Browns (5-11)

SOUTH

Texans (11-5)

Colts (8-6)

Titans (6-10)

Jaguars (4-12)

WEST

Broncos (13-3)

KC (10-6)

Chargers (5-11)

Raiders (4-12)

NFC

EAST

Skins (10-6)

Cowboys (8- 8)

Giants (8- 8)

Eagles (6-10)

NORTH

GB (11-5)

Bears (9-7)

Vikings (7-9)

Lions (5-11)

SOUTH

Atlanta (11-5)

Tampa Bay (9-7)

Carolina (7-9)

Saints (6-10)

WEST

Seahawks (13-3)

49ers (13-3)

Rams (7-9)

Arizona (3-13)

PLAYOFFS

AFC

Texans bt Ravens

Dolphins bt KC

Texans bt Bengals

Broncos bt Dolphins

Broncos bt Texans

NFC

Falcons bt Bucs

49ers bt Skins

Packers bt Falcons

Seahawks bt 49ers

Seahawks bt Packers

SUPERBOWL

Broncos bt Seahawks

So ESPN have predicted every team to finish +/- 3 wins from last year except from the Chiefs?

Excellent analysis right there. Do they have any idea how the NFL works?

ETA: And the Colts only play 14 games. Precise nuclear strike in mid December in Indianapolis?

Edited by Dee4Life1893

Former 1st round pick Jason Smith is starting at LT for the Jets tonight against the Eagles. He's having an absolute mare and QB, Matt Simms, has been blindsided on 4 or 5 occasions already. Despite this, he is having a good game with a stat line of 20/26 for 156 yards. Defense is dominating too with the Eagles offense only scoring play being a 3 and out to set up a FG from a Jets fumble.

EDIT: 7 times Simms has been sacked this half.

Edited by GingerSaint

The pre season just keeps getting worse for my New York Giants

Running Back Andre Brown has suffered a fractured left leg in the pre season finale against the Patriots. It's the same leg he broke last season.

Leaves us with David Wilson, Ryan Torain and rookie Michael Cox.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Former 1st round pick Jason Smith is starting at LT for the Jets tonight against the Eagles. He's having an absolute mare and QB, Matt Simms, has been blindsided on 4 or 5 occasions already. Despite this, he is having a good game with a stat line of 20/26 for 156 yards. Defense is dominating too with the Eagles offense only scoring play being a 3 and out to set up a FG from a Jets fumble.

EDIT: 7 times Simms has been sacked this half.

Ooft, I hope Smith won't be anywhere near your first team. He is one of the biggest busts of all time.

Ooft, I hope Smith won't be anywhere near your first team. He is one of the biggest busts of all time.

He didn't see a single snap after that post. Guess how many sacks there were in the 2nd half? None.

There was no chance he was ever going to make the roster anyway.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/heath-rawlings-nfl-puts-big-issue-on-back-burner/

Did the NFL get off lightly considering they make $9 billion a season? Few snips I have caught suggest the NFL under-paid at least half as much as expected even a third.

Does anyone really care?

NFL players get paid millions of pounds to put themselves at risk. Danger money if you like.

I was looking at the average Long Snappers salary today. It's about $600k. If you told me that when i was 8 years old, I would have trained to become the worlds best Long Snapper.