NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Looks like it could be Eurosport that has Monday Night Football. It isn't showing on any planner but it is showing on the Eurosport website from 00:00 until 02:00 as Live American Football on Eurosport 2 HD. There is then a this is Eurosport 2 programme which runs until 6am.

I'd be delighted if that was the case!!

Edited by Simplistic

Looks like it could be Eurosport that has Monday Night Football. It isn't showing on any planner but it is showing on the Eurosport website from 00:00 until 02:00 as Live American Football on Eurosport 2 HD. There is then a this is Eurosport 2 programme which runs until 6am.

I'd be delighted if that was the case!!

Edit cos I didn't read post properly. Is eurosport available free to air across all formats? I know I get it free on basic virgin. The reason I ask is c4 is the exclusive free to air partner of nfl in UK so if you get eurosport on basic digibox or bt im guessing it's not the case. They also have an arena league programme on.eurosport. could be this Edited by invergowrie arab

Edit cos I didn't read post properly. Is eurosport available free to air across all formats? I know I get it free on basic virgin. The reason I ask is c4 is the exclusive free to air partner of nfl in UK so if you get eurosport on basic digibox or bt im guessing it's not the case. They also have an arena league programme on.eurosport. could be this

Arena football season is finished I'm sure

I can't be bothered quoting you all, but I can't have Denver.

Chiefly, they're losing one of the best players in the game for the guts of the season. They also lost his partner in crime opposite him. They've lost Tracy Porter too and Champ Bailey misses tonight.

That will take some time to adjust to, and despite losing some contributors on offense themselves, you have to think Joe Flacco is going to be of a mind to justify that new contract he got which raised eyebrows.

Eight and a half points is a lot to cover in most games, never mind with the losses mentioned above and the fact they're playing the champs. This is the joint second-biggest spread of the weekend; seems to me that people are keen to highlight who Baltimore have lost but are turning a blind eye to those who Denver will miss. Seems rather disrespectful to me.

I have no doubt set myself up for a slagging now should Denver win well, but I wouldn't back them with your money and wouldn't be surprised to see Baltimore win straight up tonight.

I can't be bothered quoting you all, but I can't have Denver.

Chiefly, they're losing one of the best players in the game for the guts of the season. They also lost his partner in crime opposite him. They've lost Tracy Porter too and Champ Bailey misses tonight.

That will take some time to adjust to, and despite losing some contributors on offense themselves, you have to think Joe Flacco is going to be of a mind to justify that new contract he got which raised eyebrows.

Eight and a half points is a lot to cover in most games, never mind with the losses mentioned above and the fact they're playing the champs. This is the joint second-biggest spread of the weekend; seems to me that people are keen to highlight who Baltimore have lost but are turning a blind eye to those who Denver will miss. Seems rather disrespectful to me.

I have no doubt set myself up for a slagging now should Denver win well, but I wouldn't back them with your money and wouldn't be surprised to see Baltimore win straight up tonight.

Porter had one good game last season and by mid-season he was our #4 CB on the depth chart. Von is a major miss no doubt however we will be fine without Champ for a couple of weeks. If anything this game favours the matchup of having DRC on Smith due to his recovery speed.

Doom while a great pass rusher is an absolute liability against the run and has gone up against Clady in practice for years so I trust our all-pro LT to be able to keep him in check while the coaches will be aiming every run his way.

The only concerns I have tonight is stopping the run so they can't eat up the clock and make it tight and Ngata going up against our 3rd choice C.

I think the spread is maybe a bit generous and I think the line should be +/-7 and have been trading the game at work accordingly. (We are the shortest spread on oddschecker).

If you think the spread is out of line, then what would you have it set at?

I thought you were saying you can't take Denver outright. It's understandable that you would take the Ravens +8.

You mentioned the Ravens offense going up against the Broncos defense, but I don't think it will come to that. Manning will have the Broncos out to an early lead and when the Ravens have to throw the ball on offense, they don't have many options. I'm still skeptical about Torrey Smith developing into a more rounded player and even if he does run more short-intermediate routes and make contested catches, will it be enough? Ray Rice is great but running the ball when you're 2-3 scores down is not going to win you games.

Porter had one good game last season and by mid-season he was our #4 CB on the depth chart. Von is a major miss no doubt however we will be fine without Champ for a couple of weeks. If anything this game favours the matchup of having DRC on Smith due to his recovery speed.

Doom while a great pass rusher is an absolute liability against the run and has gone up against Clady in practice for years so I trust our all-pro LT to be able to keep him in check while the coaches will be aiming every run his way.

The only concerns I have tonight is stopping the run so they can't eat up the clock and make it tight and Ngata going up against our 3rd choice C.

I think the spread is maybe a bit generous and I think the line should be +/-7 and have been trading the game at work accordingly. (We are the shortest spread on oddschecker).

If you think the spread is out of line, then what would you have it set at?

Yeah, it's all about opinions.

Firstly, I'd give DEN three points for home-field advantage.

Then, as I think both teams have question marks over them and it being week one, I wouldn't give either side more than three points. The strongest department on the field is unquestionably the DEN offense so I lean towards them being the better side. (And, although it doesn't seem like it from my previous few posts, I was more impressed by Denver than any other team last season until they drop a log in the playoffs.) So I'm giving Denver another three points.

So I'd set it around Denver (-6.0).

That might not seem a great difference, but given that I'm cautious in the opening weeks of the season and we're likely talking about two good teams, Baltimore (+8.5) was a much quicker call for me in the prediction league than (+/- 6.0) would have been.

See, I think Denver will play a simple game of we'll score more than you. With the Raven's attack weakened I think the defense they have will allow them to achieve that as the Raven defense is also down on last year.

I think the spread is a more interesting one, and that could be quite close.

Ha, was going to text you to ask you not to send me the scores but guess I won't have to worry!!

We'll need to meet up for a Sunday one week. Where is good to go watch games in Edinburgh?

Globe usually shows the Sunday night games.

Managed to find a bar in Belgrade that shows the NFL for Sunday so will be able to watch 9ers crush the Packers again after all.

Fair chance I will be hammered and forget not to text score so I apologies in advance.

It was showing on the Eurosport schedule as Live American Football - was updated to being from 00:00 until 7am.

It has now been removed.

Plot thickens!

I dont think you can get Eurosport 2 on Freeview.

Someone jumped the gun ahead of announcement maybe.great news for me if true as I can record mnf. They must have paid absolute buttons though. I wonder why 4 woukdnt just take it up to compliment snf