NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Thats a decent chunk, who do you think you guys MUST resign?

Also if the jets need an OLB in the draft, is letting pace go the right thing?

On talent, LaRon Landry (SS) and Brandon Moore (RG) should be resigned. Unlikely that the cap will let us do that so only Moore - for the right money - will be back IMO. Keller, Greene and other less important players won't be back.

Pace is on far too much money and not performing to a high enough standard to justify keeping him. Even if we were to re-sign him on the veterans minimum (which I think we should do for depth purposes), we would still need to draft an OLB in Round 1.

On talent, LaRon Landry (SS) and Brandon Moore (RG) should be resigned. Unlikely that the cap will let us do that so only Moore - for the right money - will be back IMO. Keller, Greene and other less important players won't be back.

Pace is on far too much money and not performing to a high enough standard to justify keeping him. Even if we were to re-sign him on the veterans minimum (which I think we should do for depth purposes), we would still need to draft an OLB in Round 1.

So how do you see the Jets next season?

Little cap room, under performing big money stars, shedding a bit of depth too it seems.

Do they try and build on draft picks or do some business in FA or trades?

To be fair, they weren't shit at the time of the huge contracts. Only old/declining in talent. Poor General Management.

Sanchez?

I mean the old GM crapped gave him that big money and then crapped on his once he was fired.(he deserved it for that contract)

So how do you see the Jets next season?

Little cap room, under performing big money stars, shedding a bit of depth too it seems.

Do they try and build on draft picks or do some business in FA or trades?

It needs to be predominantly through the draft. I'd expect us to be active at the lower end of the FA market. Someone like Victor Butler (Cowboys) or Antwan Barnes (Chargers) could add depth to OLB and we might be looking at a Safety with both Landry and Bell FA's - probably keep Bell but he's 34.

Sanchez?

I mean the old GM crapped gave him that big money and then crapped on his once he was fired.(he deserved it for that contract)

He was steadily improving from year to year. It made some sense to give him a bigger contract. But then it all capitulated for a number of reasons I already went through.

It's too early to say how we will fare next season. Still a lot of players to come in and out. I will say that we won't win the Superbowl and we won't have the number 1 pick in the 2014 draft (sadly).

Bart Scott reportedly cut now as well.

Yeah I read somewhere this was in the Jets thinking a while back.

So do you think they trade Revis now for a ton of picks to try plug the holes and then maybe splash out on a FA or two?

Yeah I read somewhere this was in the Jets thinking a while back.

So do you think they trade Revis now for a ton of picks to try plug the holes and then maybe splash out on a FA or two?

Nobody knows what's happening in the crazy and twisted mind of Woody Johnson. I really don't know.

Lacy to the Rams is a good shout, I'd be all for it. Our offseason is going to depend on a) the future of Jackson and b) the future of Amendola. If they both stay we should be in pretty good shape going forward. If they both go... I mean they aren't irreplaceable but we have holes at safety and o-line already and I don't really want any more!

Someone with a better handle on the Raiders will give me a better idea on this but I'm really fancying Geno Smith to go to Oakland at #3.

Nope. Defence is MUCH more of a priority.

Palmer won't be starter: Prior with Leinart as back-up IMO.

Lacy to the Rams is a good shout, I'd be all for it. Our offseason is going to depend on a) the future of Jackson and b) the future of Amendola. If they both stay we should be in pretty good shape going forward. If they both go... I mean they aren't irreplaceable but we have holes at safety and o-line already and I don't really want any more!

I dont see it myself. Lacy will be a 1st round pick if not an early 2nd I would think. Can't imagine us using one of our 1st rounds at RB. Certainly not if SJax stay's and even if he doesn't id still be surprised. Although in sayin that if Jax goes or get's injured I would not be confidant of Pead and Richardson carrying the load. Ideal situation would be to fill our big holes this year. S OLB WR OL. Let Pead and Richardson develop one more year behind Jax. If they don't get the job done use on of our 1st round pick's on our next franchise back next season when we should hopefully have the luxury of having no NEEDS only WANTS.

If Jackson goes I'd have no problem with lacy in the first. We have two first rounders this year remember, and pead and Richardson are not the answer. My dream scenario is warmack at #16 and vaccarro at #22 but I'd be surprised if they're both there.

If Jackson goes I'd have no problem with lacy in the first. We have two first rounders this year remember, and pead and Richardson are not the answer. My dream scenario is warmack at #16 and vaccarro at #22 but I'd be surprised if they're both there.

I'm hoping he makes it to #10 so the Titans can pick him up.