NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

So Alex Smith looks likely to be a Chief as of March 12th which will see KC pick Luke Joeckel as number 1 pick

Star Luitioli (sp?) has discovered he has a heart condition. Horrible news for a great talent.

Apparently some NFL scouts aren't sure in Manti Teo because the question his sexuality!!!!!!

Edited by lichtie23

Btw Lichtie, this is a video of Barry Sanders dad's speech at his HOF induction that I was talking about ages ago. Skip to 3:20...<br /> <br /> /> <br /> :lol:<br />

<br /><br />Out of interest, if he's saying Brown is greatest RB ever, and his son is third best, who does he rank second I wonder? Sweetness?

<br />Apparently some NFL scouts aren't sure in Manti Teo because the question his sexuality!!!!!!

That would seem to make sense bearing in mind all the nonsense that has happened. Then again, it is exactly the sort of rumour that gets made up on the Internet and spreads. Of course, somebody's sexuality should make no difference but in sport that is, sadly, never the case. Edited by Bully Wee Villa

From Twitter:

Rich Cimini: Stat of the day: Brady signs 3-yr, $27M extension w/ NE. One year ago, Mark Sanchez received a three-year, $40M extension from the #Jets

Brady is extending his $72m contract to a $99m contract. Sanchez's contract was extended from $17.75m to $58.25m.

Rich Cimini once again showing what a terrible journalist he is and why nothing he says should ever be taken seriously.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. There are a lot of good safeties that I have my eye on. Top of my list is Jonathan Cyprien (Florida International) but he's strained his hamstring. He's till going to run though because he is an absolute machine.

Anyone think Te'o will drop low enought to let the Ravens draft him?

Sounds increasingly likely he'll still be on the board but increasingly unlikely Baltimore will select him...

Te'o fails to erase doubts with slow NFL combine dash

By Chris Wesseling

Published: February 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM PST

Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o made a great first impression during NFL Scouting Combine interviews over the weekend. One NFL coach went so far as to tell NFL Network's Kimberly Jones that Te'o was a "rock star " during his interview.

Te'o will need that goodwill after turning in a disappointing 40-yard dash in linebackers drills Monday in Indianapolis. A stiff Te'o officially clocked in at 4.82 seconds after NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock opined that the linebacker could lock up a first-round draft spot with a 4.70.

To put Te'o's run in perspective, recall that 346-pound Kansas City Chiefs defensive tackle Dontari Poe nearly equaled that time at 4.87 last year. Checking in smaller than expected at 241 pounds, Te'o needed to crack 4.75 to erase doubts about his athleticism and ability to play all three downs. Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh was less than impressed

Te'o might start falling on draft boards behind LSU's Kevin Minter , who officially was clocked at 4.81 in the 40. Several respected analysts have noted from film-watching that Minter did a much better job of shedding blocks at the line of scrimmage last season.

The star of the linebacker dashes was Missouri's Zaviar Gooden , who carried his sculpted physique to an official fastest time of 4.47. With the NFL moving toward athletic, rangy linebackers capable of covering half of the field, Gooden should be a hot commodity in the 2013 NFL Draft . Coming off a strong Senior Bowl performance , Gooden's stock already was on the rise. Georgia's Cornelius Washington was second-fastest at 4.55, and Florida's Jon Bostic was third at 4.61.

Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree met expectations with a 4.70-second 40. His background check will be more telling than the position drills after a college suspension and a recent DUI arrest .

<br /><br />Sounds increasingly likely he'll still be on the board but increasingly unlikely Baltimore will select him...<br /><br /><br /><br />Te'o fails to erase doubts with slow NFL combine dash<br /><br />By Chris Wesseling<br /><br />Published: February 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM PST<br /><br />Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o made a great first impression during NFL Scouting Combine interviews over the weekend. One NFL coach went so far as to tell NFL Network's Kimberly Jones that Te'o was a "rock star " during his interview.<br /><br />Te'o will need that goodwill after turning in a disappointing 40-yard dash in linebackers drills Monday in Indianapolis. A stiff Te'o officially clocked in at 4.82 seconds after NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock opined that the linebacker could lock up a first-round draft spot with a 4.70.<br /><br />To put Te'o's run in perspective, recall that 346-pound Kansas City Chiefs defensive tackle Dontari Poe nearly equaled that time at 4.87 last year. Checking in smaller than expected at 241 pounds, Te'o needed to crack 4.75 to erase doubts about his athleticism and ability to play all three downs. Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh was less than impressed<br /><br />Te'o might start falling on draft boards behind LSU's Kevin Minter , who officially was clocked at 4.81 in the 40. Several respected analysts have noted from film-watching that Minter did a much better job of shedding blocks at the line of scrimmage last season.<br /><br />The star of the linebacker dashes was Missouri's Zaviar Gooden , who carried his sculpted physique to an official fastest time of 4.47. With the NFL moving toward athletic, rangy linebackers capable of covering half of the field, Gooden should be a hot commodity in the 2013 NFL Draft . Coming off a strong Senior Bowl performance , Gooden's stock already was on the rise. Georgia's Cornelius Washington was second-fastest at 4.55, and Florida's Jon Bostic was third at 4.61.<br /><br />Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree met expectations with a 4.70-second 40. His background check will be more telling than the position drills after a college suspension and a recent DUI arrest .

<br /><br />Thanks for that. I still think he'd be worth a punt but John knows best!

<br /><br />Not if they get Smith in the Trade. Then the right thing is to take Joeckel

I like Smith but he's got one-and-a-half good years under one very good coach. He's as unproven as a lot of these guys coming out and yet he's much older and more costly. I'd roll the dice on a QB even though I'm not convinced by Geno Smith at all.

Joeckel might not be the best LT in the draft depending on what you think of Eric Fisher, he certainly would have been behind Taylor Lewan and possibly Bruce Matthews son too had they declared and he's definitely no Matt Kalil.

Even if he was the next Walter Jones, if you're a good blitzing team having no success against a good tackle, just send the pressure up the middle. I just couldn't take Joeckel either.

There are good defensive tackles there but they've just taken Dontari Poe so I'd just take the chance with Geno Smith.