NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

:blink:

Very late and expensive for Wilkerson I would expect.

Yeah I think so too. Locker has finished his whole throwing motion by the time Wilkerson blasts him.

Not sure how the league defines late hits but the ball was away before Wilkerson was in the vicinity.

It was a late hit but did it directly cause him the injury? He went down holding his right hip when Wilkerson hit him squarely in the chest.

Stephen Hill is out with a concussion after a more dangerous hit by Safety, Michael Griffin.

It was a late hit but did it directly cause him the injury? He went down holding his right hip when Wilkerson hit him squarely in the chest.

Stephen Hill is out with a concussion after a more dangerous hit by Safety, Michael Griffin.

That case can be argued but the league don't seem to grasp that sorta logic.

Plus that was a decent hit by Wilkerson it doesn't surprise me that it dislocated something in the lads body! No matter how far away from point of contact.

Are there any reports about the hit on hill in terms of potential fines coming?

@RapSheet: Source: #Jets QB Mark Sanchez has decided he plans to have surgery on his torn labrum after attempting to rehab. 4-6 month rehab process

That escalated quickly, last report I read was that he didn't require surgery.

I thought he would try and play through it a little to put himself in the shop window.

Jacksonville it is!

That case can be argued but the league don't seem to grasp that sorta logic.

Plus that was a decent hit by Wilkerson it doesn't surprise me that it dislocated something in the lads body! No matter how far away from point of contact.

Are there any reports about the hit on hill in terms of potential fines coming?

I'm not complaining about the possible fine, but the notion that Wilkerson injured Locker because of a dangerous hit.

Edited by GingerSaint

If the Sanchez era is over what are your thoughts GS?

Naturally didn't live up to a top 5 draft pick, but all on him? Or down to a number of things?

No question it's over. A number of things didn't help Sanchez, but a truly great QB can overcome those. I am a Sanchez defender because I don't think he deserves a lot of the hate he gets. However, it's clear that we weren't going to win any championships with him at the helm. That's why - even at this early stage in the season - I think we should still go QB early in next years draft, despite Geno showing some promise. We should keep drafting QB's until we have our Andrew Luck, RG3, Russell Wilson or even Ryan Tannehill.

I'm not complaining about the possible fine, but the notion that Wilkerson injured Locker because of a dangerous hit.

Yeah but it will always be argued that he lowered his head when about to make the tackle.

To be fair everything Iv read doesn't mention a dangerous tackle, more so the lateness. And even watching it again il looks late and sore but when are nfl hits to QB not pretty big.

No question it's over. A number of things didn't help Sanchez, but a truly great QB can overcome those. I am a Sanchez defender because I don't think he deserves a lot of the hate he gets. However, it's clear that we weren't going to win any championships with him at the helm. That's why - even at this early stage in the season - I think we should still go QB early in next years draft, despite Geno showing some promise. We should keep drafting QB's until we have our Andrew Luck, RG3, Russell Wilson or even Ryan Tannehill.

What draft pick do you reckon the jets get? 10-15 seems most likely I think.

Who's due out at that time that has impressed you in college?

Or would you give up some pieces, maybe Geno plus someone to get an established QB?

Not a fan of freeman??

What draft pick do you reckon the jets get? 10-15 seems most likely I think.

Who's due out at that time that has impressed you in college?

Or would you give up some pieces, maybe Geno plus someone to get an established QB?

Not a fan of freeman??

Yeah 10-15 sounds about right.

If everyone declares, I like the look of Bridgewater (Louisville), Boyd (Clemson), Hundley (UCLA), Morris (Miami) and Murray (Georgia). I think Hundley and Morris are realistic options as Bridgewater and Boyd go top 5. I like David Fales out of San Jose State but I think his severe lack of mobility will hinder him in this trend of athletic QB's.

Freeman is wildly inconsistent and still doesn't look like he's matured. No team is willing to give up an established QB that can take a team to the next level. If you get a franchise QB, you hold on to him.

Edited by GingerSaint

Yeah 10-15 sounds about right.

If everyone declares, I like the look of Bridgewater (Louisville), Boyd (Clemson), Hundley (UCLA), Morris (Miami) and Murray (Georgia). I think Hundley and Morris are realistic options as Bridgewater and Boyd go top 5. I like David Fales out of San Jose State but I think his severe lack of mobility will hinder him in this trend of athletic QB's.

Freeman is wildly inconsistent and still doesn't look like he's matured. No team is willing to give up an established QB that can take a team to the next level. If you get a franchise QB, you hold on to him.

Unless you are the colts!