NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Well that's all well and good and I'm glad he stays but I hope those players realise that the most important way to react and pay him back is to win more games next season. Or else it may end differently this time next year.

No shit. Clearly the players love playing for him and won their last two games when his job was on the line (he told them he expected to be fired before the Week 16 win against the Browns). 8 games with this roster - offense - is nothing short of a miracle.

No shit. Clearly the players love playing for him and won their last two games when his job was on the line (he told them he expected to be fired before the Week 16 win against the Browns). 8 games with this roster - offense - is nothing short of a miracle.

It wasn't a miracle, let's not embellish here. Yes, the roster didn't look one capable of winning the Superbowl but it also wasn't as bad as landing the number one pick. In fact, IIRC, after a wee while of wallowing at the beginning of last offseason, Jet fans rebounded a little and were a bit more optimistic as they landed Milliner, Smith, Ivory, Colon, Winslow amongst others. But now that it makes for a nice narrative - Rex the miracle worker - you're returning to the what a tough hand he was dealt and how well has he done line. Like any professional roster, there is and was talent there and they've done alright. Just alright.

I can't help but think the Patriots are watching that video with a wry smile what with the evident joy New York, it's players, coach, General Manager and owner took in a .500 season.

So whose responsibility is it that the jets have this terrible roster that miracle worker Ryan has managed to coral and cajole to a 500 record?

As a pats fan I sense danger from buffalo next year, as a betting man I think the jets are last in the division next year and they will get rid of Ryan anyway. Next year might have been.an opportunity for someone else to build a new team.

So whose responsibility is it that the jets have this terrible roster that miracle worker Ryan has managed to coral and cajole to a 500 record?

As a pats fan I sense danger from buffalo next year, as a betting man I think the jets are last in the division next year and they will get rid of Ryan anyway. Next year might have been.an opportunity for someone else to build a new team.

You're not a very good "betting man" are you?

It wasn't a miracle, let's not embellish here. Yes, the roster didn't look one capable of winning the Superbowl but it also wasn't as bad as landing the number one pick. In fact, IIRC, after a wee while of wallowing at the beginning of last offseason, Jet fans rebounded a little and were a bit more optimistic as they landed Milliner, Smith, Ivory, Colon, Winslow amongst others. But now that it makes for a nice narrative - Rex the miracle worker - you're returning to the what a tough hand he was dealt and how well has he done line. Like any professional roster, there is and was talent there and they've done alright. Just alright.

I can't help but think the Patriots are watching that video with a wry smile what with the evident joy New York, it's players, coach, General Manager and owner took in a .500 season.

Jets fans were always optimistic about our season but it was everyone else that had us as one of the worst teams in the NFL.*

Do you think we should be upset that we put a beatdown on a division rival and stopped them reaching the playoffs. Do you think Rex Ryan should have said "calm down lads, forget about this win. What about the 8 games we lost this year? Have some perspective and stop rejoicing". No, because that would be silly.

The Jets have done very well to win 8 games.

*ESPN Week 1 Power Rankings (Jets 32nd).

NFL Power Rankings (Jets 30th)

SBNation Power Rankings (Jets 30th)

Sports Illustrated Power Rankings (Jets 29th)

Did anyone see that Tim Tebow got a job as an analyst for ESPNs new SEC network?

Good for him. I genuinely like the guy. Hopefully it works out for him.

He's commented that he's the "best he's even been at Quarterback"...do we think anyone will take another look at him?

Good for him. I genuinely like the guy. Hopefully it works out for him.

He's commented that he's the "best he's even been at Quarterback"...do we think anyone will take another look at him?

I would imagine he'd get a shot at a training camp somewhere when you consider the numbers but having said that I just don't think coaches and serious front offices want the rigmarole that comes with having him on your depth chart so possibly not.