Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm undecided here so what I think is most important to ask is why?

Why? Is the big question why do we want independence is it because of sour grapes being bought and sold for English gold? Is it because genuinely that Scotland would be better alone? Would it be because of Thatcher? Is it constant westminster rule, if so, why has devolution failed or not rectified this, indeed has it enhanced the desire... But it is definitely why... But on a personal note what do you as an individual benefit from separation?

I haven't ever followed politics or such, however this vote is looming and I would like to know I am voting yes or no for the right reasons.

I think it's this simple: why isn't Scotland at least as rich and prosperous as Norway right now? After all, we both discovered oil and gas in the North Sea at the same time. In fact, Scotland has the largest continental shelf of any country in the North Sea. Also, oil and gas would only comprise roughly 15% of the Scottish economy, compared to 30% of the Norwegian economy.

517px-North_sea_eez.PNG

We have been cataclysmically failed by Westminster, who clearly don't have Scotland's best interests at heart. Plus, who will care more about Scotland: a government in Edinburgh, or a government in London? There is no logic or positive case in support of the CDU.

Watch this video:

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine if you asked the people of Norway to reunite with Sweden and then told them that all of their oil and gas revenues would be sent straight to a government in Stockholm? :lol:

Also, why are punters still reacting to DeeGas' schtick? :lol:

I think it's this simple: why isn't Scotland at least as rich and prosperous as Norway right now? After all, we both discovered oil and gas in the North Sea at the same time. In fact, Scotland has the largest continental shelf of any country in the North Sea. Also, oil and gas would only comprise roughly 15% of the Scottish economy, compared to 30% of the Norwegian economy.

517px-North_sea_eez.PNG

We have been cataclysmically failed by Westminster, who clearly don't have Scotland's best interests at heart. Plus, who will care more about Scotland: a government in Edinburgh, or a government in London? There is no logic or positive case in support of the CDU.

Watch this video:

More fantasy.

Scotland already have joined the British Union,they did when they had already buggered themselves 300 years ago.

Now take the rough with the smooth.

Is there no end to nasty nationalist whinging!

More fantasy.

Scotland already have joined the British Union,they did when they had already buggered themselves 300 years ago.

Theres nothing nasty about wanting to decide your own destiny. What is nasty is the hostile attitude the UK is already showing towards a future Scottish state.

More fantasy.

Must... not... respond... to... trolling...

Imagine if you asked the people of Norway to reunite with Sweden and then told them that all of their oil and gas revenues would be sent straight to a government in Stockholm? :lol:

Also, why are punters still reacting to DeeGas' schtick? :lol:

Yeh hilarious. :blink:

Scandanavia has absolutely nothing to do with the Scotland/UK debate.

Theres nothing nasty about wanting to decide your own destiny. What is nasty is the hostile attitude the UK is already showing towards a future Scottish state.

The UK loves Scotland and the majority of Scots are happy and proud to be Scottish and British.

You already have everything England has.

Rab C just wants to have ago at England,the mans an embarrassment.Not surprised he's been booed by Scots.

Separatism is ugly.Creating a border on our island is ugly.Taking the oil for yourselves is ugly.

Nasty nationalist separatist movent.

The UK loves Scotland and the majority of Scots are happy and proud to be Scottish and British.

You already have everything England has.

Rab C just wants to have ago at England,the mans an embarrassment.Not surprised he's been booed by Scots.

Separatism is ugly.Creating a border on our island is ugly.Taking the oil for yourselves is ugly.

Nasty nationalist separatist movent.

This has nothing to do with having a go at England, its about Scots deciding our own future.

It's a bit of a strange one for me, I am married to an English women who serves in the British Forces, based at a British Air force base in Scotland. I work for a company with a head office in England. One of my children was born in Scotland, one in England. A lot of uncertainties for me to be honest.

My wife does not vote but I have said I will vote on what is best for my kids. There are a lot of issues I need to know the answers to and uuntil I have them I don't know what way I'll go.

Salmond hasn't really come outwwith anything to persuade me but Tory Dave and his rent boy banging buddies are fuckin idiots and I do not want my kids future in their hands!!

It's a bit of a strange one for me, I am married to an English women who serves in the British Forces, based at a British Air force base in Scotland. I work for a company with a head office in England. One of my children was born in Scotland, one in England. A lot of uncertainties for me to be honest.

My wife does not vote but I have said I will vote on what is best for my kids. There are a lot of issues I need to know the answers to and uuntil I have them I don't know what way I'll go.

Salmond hasn't really come outwwith anything to persuade me but Tory Dave and his rent boy banging buddies are fuckin idiots and I do not want my kids future in their hands!!

Companies with head offices in England won't suddenly shut down all scottish offices. Also, I think they will allow you to stay married to your English wife in the case of independence. Its a well connected global world.

So the ladies of Scotland are happy to stay with the Union and apparently they vote more than the lads.

Looking forward to the next polls (not nationalist private phoney crap). :)

Are you just trying to be a bit of a c**t or are you really that supportive of the union?

If you are that supportive, why?

Ignore the trolls on here, and make a decision once you have all the facts from both sides.

If you ever want to ask a question, PM me and I will be happy to answer or find out if I don't know myself.

:)

Archived