Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When someone has been knocking multiple wives around over 5 decades I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some pretty clear signals about the type of person Mr Walker was.

Politicians are generally loathesome individuals so nobody is pretending this is just an SNP issue but it will be embarassing to them especially as Shir Sean's neolithic views on women will rightly get trawled out as supporting evidence.

Maybe you can answer the question. Is this a reason to vote No?

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you can answer the question. Is this a reason to vote No?

I can't see why someone would vote No just because Bill Walker is a wife-beating bully.

A discredited SNP would potentially be a reason not to vote Yes though in the same way as I've previously said unpopular Coalition actions could affect people's decision to vote No.

I can't see why someone would vote No just because Bill Walker is a wife-beating bully.

A discredited SNP would potentially be a reason not to vote Yes though in the same way as I've previously said unpopular Coalition actions could affect people's decision to vote No.

Vote No, because the SNP sacked a wife beating bully?

Why on Earth would the SNP knowingly put a violent wife beater up for selection? That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

It depends on who knew what.

And political parties have done this for years. I doubt Labour were unaware for example of Eric Joyce's departure from the army and the circumstances surrounding it.

Am I missing somthing???

What is Bill Walkers situation got to do with the referendum???

Are we now onto a smear a day keeps independence away???

ETA: Shock Horror in the news tomorrow when Alex Salmond eats a full English Breakfast

It depends on who knew what.

And political parties have done this for years. I doubt Labour were unaware for example of Eric Joyce's departure from the army and the circumstances surrounding it.

Are you seriously saying that someone could have known about the violent behaviour of Walker but still put him through the selection process?

Again why would anyone want to do that? Given his unpredictable violent nature surely no one would have taken the chance on him?

It wasn't as if he was a future talented rising star, he was/is a very ordinary MSP who you wouldn't miss if he wasn't there.

Are you seriously saying that someone could have known about the violent behaviour of Walker but still put him through the selection process?

Yes. I'm saying someone definitely did know about his violent past. Rob Armstrong has already confirmed this is the case. This is known. How high it went is all that is open to question.

As I said earlier, I'm not saying Salmond or Sturgeon knew. Some mid-level wankstain has decided they knew best, and it didn't have to be referred up the chain, and it's blown up in the SNP's face. It's something the SNP will learn from and will I'm sure make their procedures more robust in future in terms of candidate vetting.

Yes. I'm saying someone definitely did know about his violent past. Rob Armstrong has already confirmed this is the case. This is known. How high it went is all that is open to question.

As I said earlier, I'm not saying Salmond or Sturgeon knew. Some mid-level wankstain has decided they knew best, and it didn't have to be referred up the chain, and it's blown up in the SNP's face. It's something the SNP will learn from and will I'm sure make their procedures more robust in future in terms of candidate vetting.

Vote No, because of this! Apparently.

You have made reams of posts on this thread today all about Bill Walker. So what does it have to do with Independence?

Nothing. I'm not sure what your point is here though. Many of the post on this thread aren't directly related to independence, but they concern one of the parties involved in Scottish politics.

The SNP's credibility has been damaged here. I don't see that as an argument against voting Yes - it's just an embarrassment for the current Scottish government to address.

Evidence? Facts?

Why on Earth would the SNP knowingly put a violent wife beater up for selection? That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

Good question. The key word of course is knowingly. My gut feel is that when someone over five decades was violent to multiple wives/girlfriends/step-children it is rare that it comes as a complete surprise.

Vote No, because of this! Apparently.

Says who?

You seem to be repeating this as if it's a Better Together slogan. Who exactly has said this SNP fuckup is a reason to vote No?

So why obsess about it on the Independence thread if it is Nothing to do with independence? Isn't there a general politics thread for this kind of stuff? Once again, you're trying to smear by association.

So why obsess about it on the Independence thread if it is Nothing to do with independence? Isn't there a general politics thread for this kind of stuff? Once again, you're trying to smear by association.

Right. So all of your posts on this thread directly relate to independence?

Right. So all of your posts on this thread directly relate to independence?

Oho, look who is getting defensive! All the ones I have to initiate a discussion, yes. All the ones where I respond to the law squad. No. You weren't responding to anyone though. You simply decided, without any provocation, that the most appropriate place to put a story of a man convicted of wifebeating was in the Independence thread.

Oho, look who is getting defensive! All the ones I have to initiate a discussion, yes. All the ones where I respond to the law squad. No. You weren't responding to anyone though. You simply decided, without any provocation, that the most appropriate place to put a story of a man convicted of wifebeating was in the Independence thread.

Mmm.. this is lies.

The Walker story was already being discussed on this thread this morning, before I posted.

Archived