ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

As cool as it must be to get in and meet the wrestlers with the VIP package, baws to being stood outside the Hydro for hours in the cold.

Was a stream of the ICW Fans Podcast earlier this afternoon with them all waiting.

Plan to park near and walk down then get a reasonably quick getaway after.

Got a squad of beers and a new bottle of malt for Survivor Series.

Seems like the usual ICW stuff tbh.

Watched the show. Thought the three way dance was a bit poor but the rest was really good. King of Insanity was probably the most violent match ICW have had since the Iceman farewell match.

The main event was the best on the show though. Not even a hokey as f**k finish could hurt what came before it. Women's match was in danger of going downhill but when all three were in the ring, it got really good.

Much better than last year's and a bloody good show by any standards.

I'd say I enjoyed the in-ring aspect more this year than last. Just wish i'd gone for standing tickets.

It'll be interesting to see how ICW will develop in 2018. Joe Coffey apparently away, no announcement for a return to the Hydro next year and the prospect of WWE UK getting off the ground deplenishing the talent pool.

My mates were expecting a Grado appearance as apparently he was DJing in the Box after the show. I've since recalled the Loser Leave ICW match from Shug's, but its maybe a missed opportunity doing a return of some kind here.

I'm kinda hoping that we're getting a downscale next year. Dallas said 4,000 fans on the mic. Was that not round about the SECC attendance? I'd happily go back there.

Right idea keeping Grado away tbh. They might well have plans for him down the line, and won't want to ruin them to throw him in last minute on another show which would affect that.

I still don't see Joe Coffey going. The Square Go seems to be doing the same as last year to make WWE UK guys available. They won't be running those shows constantly either. I'd suspect weeks of tapings done in one night NXT style, meaning those guys would still be available most weeks.

I think the consensus seems to be a return to the SECC due to the smaller scale. Just hoping some of that thinking isn't purely rose tinted glasses on past glories.  Either way i'm glad they never announced it a year in advance. We went away talking about maybe going to Square Go and i'm sure we weren't the only ones.

With Grado I was just thinking of him trying to intefer in a match or just get in the ring, only to be pulled away by security. Something to keep him in people's minds going forward.

Also can anyone tell me who the woman was that tried interfering in the Woman's match only to be dragged up the aisle by Carmel?

Jamie Winters. Who's had a bit of an obsession with Kay Lee Ray, hence her helping out.

As for the Square Go, it's got a rumble in it, so it's obviously good. The one in Newcastle this year was an excellent show, and I'm looking forward to Bram vs. BT Gunn as well.