ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
4 hours ago, cb_diamond said:
Joe Vs Mark cancelled for shugs due to NXTUK commitments. I suspect this is only the beginning of this type of thing. Is Hunter about to do a Vince McMahon on the UK "territories"?

And THIS is why I'm against NXT starting a UK branch. Soaking up all the half decent talent from other commitments. In fact the indie scene appears much weaker full stop due to NXT. Great for the guy and girls there but for the other promotions? Nope. Mark my words, in 5 years the indies will be starved of talent.

I agree, they talk about working with indie companies and then schedule tapings opposite what is probably the 3rd biggest ICW show of the year. There's a real benefit and risk thing going on at the moment and I hope it comes down on the right side of the line for these excellent hardworking companies.

Mind how ricochet got announced for the hydro and everyone was mega looking forward to it and then his opponent was Lewis Girvan? Mind that sinking feeling of disappointment? Aye, well, Jeff Cobb Vs....Aaron Echo.....FFS

The matches getting announced just now are a bit iffy. And that tag team of Bram and Rees is destroying my soul. There's still good stuff on those shows though. BT Gunn vs. WALTER is definitely in the must-see territory, and I loved the last Polo/Lionheart match. I enjoyed the Hendry/Renfrew clusterfuck at the Barras, and it looks like they're going for something completely different on this show so looking forward to seeing how violent they go.

DCT and Stevie Boy are doing a pretty good job of drumming up interest in their own battle as well.

Just now, Mayor Wilkins III said:

The matches getting announced just now are a bit iffy. And that tag team of Bram and Rees is destroying my soul. There's still good stuff on those shows though. BT Gunn vs. WALTER is definitely in the must-see territory, and I loved the last Polo/Lionheart match. I enjoyed the Hendry/Renfrew clusterfuck at the Barras, and it looks like they're going for something completely different on this show so looking forward to seeing how violent they go.

DCT and Stevie Boy are doing a pretty good job of drumming up interest in their own battle as well.

Absolutely agree, Walter Vs BT Gunn is a spectacular match up. For the last two years shugs has been the best event of the year ICW wise. I hope the talent isn't spread too thin this year. I can't fathom echo as a credible opponent. I get they like to have their imports going against (and bafflingly almost always losing) to the home guys, but while echo is a decent hand for the bottom of the ICW mid card he's many, MANY leagues below Cobb, who for me is a genuine top 20 indie guy in the world. There isn't enough suspension of disbelief in the world for me to think echo has any chance. This is a bit like that PWG match between Keith Lee and Lio Rush from a  while back only with echo having nowhere near Rush's skill.

I'm guessing many other options already have stuff lined up. Plus, I have no doubt Echo will win. Allowing an import a win on their debut is not something that ICW are going to do very often. I can't think of when it's happened.

Last year's Shug's night one was a right chore to sit through. The second night ended up being pretty fucking great though, despite it being the first night that was stacked up.

10 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

I'm guessing many other options already have stuff lined up. Plus, I have no doubt Echo will win. Allowing an import a win on their debut is not something that ICW are going to do very often. I can't think of when it's happened.

Last year's Shug's night one was a right chore to sit through. The second night ended up being pretty fucking great though, despite it being the first night that was stacked up.

I will genuinely be pretty pissed off if echo wins, even with shenanigans. Cobb should be running through him extended squash style.

They'll be figuring out dates to work around NXT UK. That'll be why the Hydro got announced as late as it did too. ICW often run the end of the month and with the tapings happening then, and also WOS, they have some work to do.

2 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

They'll be figuring out dates to work around NXT UK. That'll be why the Hydro got announced as late as it did too. ICW often run the end of the month and with the tapings happening then, and also WOS, they have some work to do.

That's what I was thinking. Bit of a pain in the arse wrangling talent these days with so many competing obligations and other opportunities popping up.