ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

What did people make of the Academy compared to what's it has been like in the ABC?

Not too bad actually. ABC for me has been their best venue of the last five years but the academy is defo preferable to the garage.

1 hour ago, jacobsladder said:

I’m not going to spoil the result of DCT v Stevie Boy but given this loser must leave the UK angle, does anyone know if either of them has a development deal overseas - if not how are they going to do the angle ?

Was having this same conversation last night. Can't imagine it. Neither have the look or mic skills for NXT or Impact.

1 hour ago, jacobsladder said:

I’m not going to spoil the result of DCT v Stevie Boy but given this loser must leave the UK angle, does anyone know if either of them has a development deal overseas - if not how are they going to do the angle ?

With NXT UK being set up I'm guessing you'd see British talent cycling through there before disappearing to Florida like in the past.

So I'd say it'd have to be an angle. Stevie Boy's signed with WOS, ruling him out of a WWE deal. Then when you look at Grado & Joe Hendry signed with WOS and working Impact there doesn't seem to be anything that would preclude Stevie from making appearances.

If DCT has signed with NXT UK, I'm not sure he'd be done either, but perhaps limited in what he could do like the Coffeys and Kenny Williams.

Don't buy into DCT not having the skills for NXT UK tbh. Stevie Boy I can understand that argument for though.

Night one was something else. Night two wasn't quite. Good seeing The Hunters on an ICW show though, and Grado getting the full Like a Prayer treatment was good. Him chucking it can't go unmentioned though.

50 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Don't buy into DCT not having the skills for NXT UK tbh. Stevie Boy I can understand that argument for though.

Night one was something else. Night two wasn't quite. Good seeing The Hunters on an ICW show though, and Grado getting the full Like a Prayer treatment was good. Him chucking it can't go unmentioned though.

The Hunters did a great job of winning over an indifferent crowd I thought. 

DCT has definitely improved in the last year but he doesn't scream "main event" or even "big time".  Hopefully he proves me wrong as he is entertaining and seems to be a good guy. He also deserves kudos for the fact he throws a beautiful punch, which many (hiya Aaron Echo) Just can't do.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Probably against a team of the Brooklyn Brawler, Savio Vega and Hulk Hogan's old hip. Got to get those auld WWF guys on the card.... :whistle

I think they've maybe ran out of ex-WWE guys and certainly the high paid ones they think can jump sales to merit the cost.

There's certainly no one other than maybe Jericho that's active and out there I can think would get that casual audience. Edge & Christian if they were doing the F&L commissioner bit.

ICW don't seem to have an obvious hook to bring people in this year talent/storyline wise. If they can pull in a better attendance than the secc show with this lack of hype and lack of American names it'd be disappointing on a certain level, but show that F&L has crossed over into a casual fan event you go to regardless.

Lionheart is challenging for the title at Fear and Loathing. But who will be champ when the shows comes around? Might they go with Polo to give us the last chapter in the Polo/Lionheart rivalry? Not sure they can sell DCT vs Lionheart as a main event for their biggest show of the year.