The Clyde FC Summer Transfer Spectacular

at the ek meetings I am sure DD said there would be a slight surplus for this year and we would decide wether to put it towards the debit or players budget ,maybe I pick it up wrong (no minutes for these meetings exist again not sure where the 40 k deficit comes from as we have signe virtually nobody , it obviously does exist but how it has come about is a mystery . Although some would rather we didnt debate season tickets ;) it is an issue and if numbers have dropped what has caused this.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is worrying, but a miracle that its gone on as long as this. With our income, our player budget has always came from donations. Those were budgeted last season, but the backers dropped out. The rangers gates covered the shortfall last season, meaning we had £40k shortfall this year. To be honest, all very Clyde, and again tonight fans who can afford it were wanting to raise the membership fees up to around the £100 mark, whilst people on the board, tasked with new fund raising and attracting NEW investors are coming back to us Joe Plebs.

agree with last part :thumsup2

wonder why the backers have dropped out ? and who were they clyde fans ? or companies ? not trying to be controversial but is it the way the club is run or simply economic down turn .

If we weren't getting a 10,000 seater stadium and an enhanced playing budget from rich EK investors in a couple of years I'd be quite depressed and angry at the way the Board seem to have done all they can to destroy the Club in Cumbernauld. So thank goodness we have that to save us.

If we weren't getting a 10,000 seater stadium and an enhanced playing budget from rich EK investors in a couple of years I'd be quite depressed and angry at the way the Board seem to have done all they can to destroy the Club in Cumbernauld. So thank goodness we have that to save us.

Think you will find it should read destroy the club.

Its ok though they are fans and friends of fans. Still we can expect the usual faces on to tell us the board are doing a great job and that EK Clyde was the only solution and must have been voted on even though they have no details and the developer still does not own the land.

A solution that has divided the fans, removed season ticket and sponsorship money from the club. Smart thinking from the board. Hail Alexander!

Think you will find it should read destroy the club.

Its ok though they are fans and friends of fans. Still we can expect the usual faces on to tell us the board are doing a great job and that EK Clyde was the only solution and must have been voted on even though they have no details and the developer still does not own the land.

A solution that has divided the fans, removed season ticket and sponsorship money from the club. Smart thinking from the board. Hail Alexander!

It is hard to think how they could have run the club worse. And if it is seriously being suggested that owners fees go up to 100 quid then they have lost it.

Out of interest, does anyone know what our playing budget is? A 40k deficit seems ludicrous when we have a tiny squad.

It's good to get answers about the players going out on loan, although I had a feeling that we were doing this to cut costs, rather than strike up a friendship with EKFC as some on here would believe.

Disappointing to see Steph wanting out, and as someone else said I, I can't see him getting a side in the SFL. Anyone know how much he is on a week? At least if it's a half decent wage it would free it up for someone else to come in.

It doesn't make good reading, does it? I get the feeling that this will be a very long season.

It's good to get answers about the players going out on loan, although I had a feeling that we were doing this to cut costs, rather than strike up a friendship with EKFC as some on here would believe.

Disappointing to see Steph wanting out, and as someone else said I, I can't see him getting a side in the SFL. Anyone know how much he is on a week? At least if it's a half decent wage it would free it up for someone else to come in.

It doesn't make good reading, does it? I get the feeling that this will be a very long season.

McCluskey while be on £100 a week according to the player investment broucher as will be Barclay, Brown, McDonald. The second year of the contract is funded by Clyde so it might not be too bad idea to try and get him off the wage bill.

Was looking through the old news on the official site looking for the info on the player investment initiative. and there is a post from December stating that IFIC had agreed to continue sponsorship of the home strip for season 13/14. Would suggest that they are one of the sponsors we lost.

£40k is a hell of a big gap to fill and one of the previous CIC membership communications stated we would be carrying over a surplus from last season. If they knew the sponsors had dropped out last season then why have we went and re-signed all the players out of contract? Surely it would have been better to have a squad of amateurs and U19s it probably would have been horrific to watch but at least we wouldn't be financially struggling so much.

So let me get this right. There are people on here who think the board are destroying the club and have questions for them?

There was a Fans Forum last night.

You didn't go along and ask those questions and put the board on the spot?

Easier to be a keyboard sniper than actually put your face to criticism. Easier to sit and say I told you so rather than try and avert the disaster you predict. Cowards.

At least if you went along and challenged them you could say with honesty that you tried your best to save your club. Sadly, I sense some would enjoy the disaster as it would allow them to feed their internet egos.

As for Clyde's deficit. Henry McLelland of Annan Athletic said his club stood to lose £100k due to the league reconstruction, I assume Clyde have been hit by that as well. The League Cup doesn't have a sponsor either, that will also have reduced prize monies.

No real news on EK (other than the 5-7 year thing being nonsense)

"5.2 The Trust wishes to purchase the site from the Council for two purposes

To build a sports and events arena incorporating two full sized 3G training pitches and a 6,000 capacity stadium with international standard grass pitch plus stadia facilities. This would be built out in phases beginning with Year 1 seeing the construction of the first 3G pitch and the industrial facility, Year 2-4 the construction of the arena, year 5 the stadia facilities and year 7 the second 3G pitch

To build a new bespoke 15,000 sq ft industrial facility

5.4 However, the Council has indicated to the Trust that the proposed sports facilities are not eligible uses in terms of the ERDF grant that was awarded to the project and, in the circumstances and as set out at section 4 above there is a high risk that the £1.8m grant funding, or a proportion of it, could be clawed back. The industrial facility is an eligible use but the proposed level of floorspace envisaged for the site is much less than forecast

5.5 Given all of the above it is proposed to approach the Scottish Government in the first instance, who manage the disbursement and monitoring of the use of the EU Structural Funds in Scotland, to seek their view of the likelihood of a clawback and to open up discussions with the European Commission itself who will have the ultimate say in any decision as to whether and at what level any clawback might be

7 Financial implications

7.1 The proposed development is to be wholly funded by the Trust. However, as described above, the proposal could have clawback implications for the authority of all or part of a £1.8m ERDF grant previously received

8 Other Implications

8.1 There are clear risks associated with this proposal in terms of the potential clawback of funding support from the EU"

Just in case anyone hadnt seen this

So let me get this right. There are people on here who think the board are destroying the club and have questions for them?

There was a Fans Forum last night.

You didn't go along and ask those questions and put the board on the spot?

Easier to be a keyboard sniper than actually put your face to criticism. Easier to sit and say I told you so rather than try and avert the disaster you predict. Cowards.

At least if you went along and challenged them you could say with honesty that you tried your best to save your club. Sadly, I sense some would enjoy the disaster as it would allow them to feed their internet egos.

As for Clyde's deficit. Henry McLelland of Annan Athletic said his club stood to lose £100k due to the league reconstruction, I assume Clyde have been hit by that as well. The League Cup doesn't have a sponsor either, that will also have reduced prize monies.

What on earth is cowardly about wondering where a 40k deficit has appeared from? It's a fair question and one which may have been answered or elaborated upon last night for all I know, hence the question being asked on here.

And perhaps people would have turned up if it was announced with more than about 3 days notice? Then again, I am not an owner and am aware my opinion is irrelevant to those running the club.

What on earth is cowardly about wondering where a 40k deficit has appeared from?  It's a fair question and one which may have been answered or elaborated upon last night for all I know, hence the question being asked on here.

And perhaps people would have turned up if it was announced with more than about 3 days notice?  Then again, I am not an owner and am aware my opinion is irrelevant to those running the club.  

Just out of interest, if you are that concerned with the running of the club, why are you not an owner?

What on earth is cowardly about wondering where a 40k deficit has appeared from? It's a fair question and one which may have been answered or elaborated upon last night for all I know, hence the question being asked on here. And perhaps people would have turned up if it was announced with more than about 3 days notice? Then again, I am not an owner and am aware my opinion is irrelevant to those running the club.

You were made aware, wrongly may I add, last Tuesday. So last night was a perfect opportunity for you to ask questions about everything and anything.

Just out of interest, if you are that concerned with the running of the club, why are you not an owner?

It's not just owners that are concerned with how the club is run. in fact, the majority of owners are not.

You were made aware, wrongly may I add, last Tuesday. So last night was a perfect opportunity for you to ask questions about everything and anything.

I don't remember being wrongly made aware last Tuesday but the point was not just about me.

It was officially announced on the website on Thu, 18th Jul 2013 at 5:11pm.

think the board could have done a better job in some areas particularly the commercial side and they have made a couple of PR disasters ,I still dont see why we needed all the hassle and infighting caused by the EK CLYDE vote ,they could have done the negotiations in private then came to the onwers (fans ) with something concrete ,this all appeared to be done to appease some wealthy people who now clearly have the route for their prefered named team (EKFC) into the senior leagues. I do however think it is a bit strong to say they have or are in the process of destroying the club, that has been done over a long period of time by numerous well meaning but clearly incompetent boards the intitial move to cumbernauld the macdonald saga , the roberts saga ,not paying rent , the CVA and the disaterous choice of managers. Its not as if the present board has wasted huge sums of money . The club at present is in a cycle of no money ,not very good football ,low crowds ,which just appears to get worse every year. Only answer seems to be uncover a few gems form the under 19 's or freed by other clubs (mcdonald ) hope they click and we sell them or we have a good run and get the crowds back. I do think we need to get some clarification on the EK CLYDE which is difficult as they havent even met with EKCT

I don't remember being wrongly made aware last Tuesday but the point was not just about me. It was officially announced on the website on Thu, 18th Jul 2013 at 5:11pm.

So when imposter66 posted on another thread the CIC communication, you didn't read it? And of course the point is about you, as you were asked why you are sniping all the time and not doing anything other than moaning on here when there have been opportunities to get answers to then MANY questions/moans you have on here.

So when imposter66 posted on another thread the CIC communication, you didn't read it? And of course the point is about you, as you were asked why you are sniping all the time and not doing anything other than moaning on here when there have been opportunities to get answers to then MANY questions/moans you have on here.

I did read it. I waited until it was posted on the website before I knew it was actually happening though. And all it shows is that they had a date set for days before they bothered telling the fans until the thursday night.

Actually some of the replies on here are why I (and maybe others) don't go and ask questions. Instead of getting an answer you'd immediately get questioned about who you are and why you aren't an owner or whether you are a real fan, etc. instead of answers to fairly straightforward questions.

Edited to add: I didn't actually assume the post was pointed at me since it referred to the board "destroying" the club which was a comment someone else made. All I asked for was if anyone knew why the playing deficit was so huge. Perhaps no one asked.

Sorry -the man is correct. You and half a dozen others have been on here for months criticising and questioning every move or non-move being made.

Ifyou were that sure of your position, that sure of the errors being made, and that concerned you would have made the effort to go along and pose a question. Any attempt to avoid answering it would then have been witnessed by all those there, including those who agree with your perspective.

You didn't.

You missed your chance.

Stop greeting for a while.

If this season is a struggle god help us nxt season when 2yr deals i assume finish may 2014....

Were going to be the only club that goes to wall debt free...

I am Very worried about survival unless someone with some serious coin comes forward,Can only hop mr Kean was a guest of the club and not mr brown hence POSSIBLY the clubs action of the proposed ban if were askin JBs pal for a backhander/place on the board call it what ever you like....??!

Desperate action needs desperate measures and someone at board level needs to act quickly and supporters like u and I need to turn up every home game and give what we can whether it be 50/50s,Programmes etc....

Dont let us be the next clydebank folks

Archived