Motherwell FC Summer Transfer Thread

That is correct. The money shuttles back and forward as required. The cash will always belong to the Society though.

But that doesn't seem consistent with what was in the programme - even though you've got the same understanding as TSAR and I. Just underlines that there is some confusion about what's happening with our money.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But that doesn't seem consistent with what was in the programme - even though you've got the same understanding as TSAR and I. Just underlines that there is some confusion about what's happening with our money.

Its the way in which it has been presented in the programme. The monies belong to the Society.

The Sun reporting we're set to sign Gary Harkins. It is the Sun so pinch of salt needed but the rumours have been doing the rounds for a while and I'm sure I mentioned it on here the chat when we played Dundee at Dens was that Harkins was set to sign when Dundee went down.

Obviously a 'flair player' who I'm sure Killie fans will take great pleasure in telling us he's shite and not worth the hassle etc.

However he's always caused us problems when whenever he's played against us and he's clearly got a lot of natural talent. Plenty of players have flourished at Fir Park having failed to do so elsewhere, worth the gamble I'd say in the hope McCall can get the best out of him.

If he signs of course..

A bit worrying if we sign two 28yr old centre mids tbh.

Not really. We only currently have 4 outfield players over the age of 22 signed up for next season.

Nothing wrong with getting a couple of experienced players in to supplement what is likely to be a very young Motherwell squad next season.

Not really. We only currently have 4 outfield players over the age of 22 signed up for next season.

Nothing wrong with getting a couple of experienced players in to supplement what is likely to be a very young Motherwell squad next season.

I agree but a midfield 4 of Lasley, Harkins , Lawson and Carswell gives me the fear, very little pace.

I agree but a midfield 4 of Lasley, Harkins , Lawson and Carswell gives me the fear, very little pace.

I'd put my last pound on us not lining up with that midfield next season, it's only the 1st of June and Harkins has event signed yet!

Far too early to worry about next season, if as I expect all the out of contact players leave we've still got a minimum of 4 or 5 new faces to come in.

It'll all work out, it always does

I'd put my last pound on us not lining up with that midfield next season, it's only the 1st of June and Harkins has event signed yet!

Far too early to worry about next season, if as I expect all the out of contact players leave we've still got a minimum of 4 or 5 new faces to come in.

It'll all work out, it always does

I'd put my last pound on it too. Four slowish central midfielders...I don't think so. Harkins' signature is simply a rumour in any event.

Harkins is a player I've liked for a long time - so would be pleased if we signed him quite honestly - but as it's a quoteless transfer story at the moment, I'll not be getting my hopes up. One aspect of our success that isn't much talked about is our workrate, which has been top notch under McCall - and Harkins would need to adapt to that a bit as only Faddy gets to wander about doing nothing when we don't have the ball :)

Given the amount of transfers in and out we've still to have, there's no point fretting about the balance of the team - as none of us know what it's going to look like come the opener in Europe on 1st Aug.

hopefully we will manage to dodge this fat waster.

ramsden, hammell, kerr, lawson and lasley signed up for next season. contracts on offer to mcfadden and higdon. linked with harkins, leven and mccourt. are we trying to build the slowest team in football history?

The Sun saying today that Higdon looks likely to be off. "A source" says he has better offers elsewhere so whether this is true or someone is just looking to fill column inches remains to be seen.

I'd be disappointed if he did go. When McCall rejected Sheffield United I thought he'd be one of the first to sign a new contract but its looking highly unlikely.

The Sun saying today that Higdon looks likely to be off. "A source" says he has better offers elsewhere so whether this is true or someone is just looking to fill column inches remains to be seen.

I'd be disappointed if he did go. When McCall rejected Sheffield United I thought he'd be one of the first to sign a new contract but its looking highly unlikely.

If the Sun says today is Sunday I would still want to check my calender to make sure.

The source is bound to be his agent (or one of the guys that was reportedly trying to be his agent) - so needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Pretty much everyone can make a "better offer" than us - so that's hardly a surprise - it depends if the offer is better enough for him to uproot his family and try to win over another set of supporters. If he leaves, fair play to him - hope he stays obviously. Lets wait until the player or the club are quoted before believing the Sun.

If he was to go then fair play to him. Michael Higdon will never repeat the season he's just had so if he wants to cash in on the season of his life, then I can't see many 'Well fans begrudging him.

Don't get me wrong, the Sun can never be considered a reliable source. I only read it on my break at work as its all that was there. But no smoke without fire and all that.

Seen a tweet with an article from a Bolton paper about Gregg Wylde being released and signing for Motherwell.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/10457806.Counting_the_cost_of_Gregg_s_Wylde_time/

Greg Wylde claimed Neymar wasn't very good the other day. Some player you got there it would seem.

Archived