Should Weed Be Legal?

Should weed in the UK be...  

572 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The reason I'm focussing on crystal meth is because I joined this debate when you said crystal meth should be legalised. Not particularly hard to work out.

The above statements have confirmed my suspicions that you have a thin grasp of reality which I suspected since your post a few months back regarding telling a poster to expect a knock on the door from the police after he admitted online to smoking a joint :lol:

The only bizarre thing about this thread have been the amount of folk who have backed up your points on this without first engaging their brains and properly thinking it through for themselves.

Legalise crystal meth - unfuckingbelievable.

Um, no, someone else mentioned it first. But yes, it absolutely should be legalised. You so far have failed to provide a single reason why it should be illegal, or stated who this benefits.

When did I ever tell a poster that? Be extremely specific here.

My contributions to this thread have been comprehensive, anyway who disagrees with drug legalisation has radically altered their position, then disappeared. As I expected. You have stuck around for a bit longer because, even now, I scarcely know what you are even arguing for.

You find it so unbelievable that Crystal Meth should be made legal, but can't state why either why it would be illegal, or who this illegal states benefits? Why not? It's not so much that I have a poor grasp of reality, it's more ever since you unwittingly stumbled into this thread you have been repeatedly and sounded dismissed, to the extent you no longer even attempt to say anything.

Legalising heroin however I'm dead against,the real reason the war on drugs is being lost is because we fought a stupid war in afghan and let the arseholes produce ever increasing amounts of heroin because the old regime had gone who some argue actually weren't too fond of the stuff. If the 'war' is to be won it requires far more foreign intervention and cooperation.

Wait, so you think more foreign intervention and cooperation will win the war on drugs? Please, tell me more.

And whilst you are at, why not state exactly who the war on drugs benefits.

I'm interested to know.

Also crystal meth is pretty nuts,iv seen training videos of people getting themselves into all sorts of states,being tasered,shot etc and still fighting like mad. We are really fortunate it's not popular here as it leads to a whole lot of pretty nasty stuff wherever it goes.

Yeah, pretty making it illegal hasn't helped in the slightest.

People will always want to take drugs,but what you can do in terms of winning a 'war' to a certain extent is use resources effectively and make a significant impact,afghan is the key example, the army clearly could have done more to destroy poppy fields or encourage other crops to be grown etc.

So who does the war on drugs benefit?

It benefits no one. Politicians still pursue it though for numerous reasons which in comparison are petty

...So do you support it or not?

What is your proposal, exactly?

You're not even being subtle in attempting to twist my words now - you're doing it in direct quotes. I said specifically crystal meth and you are saying 'drugs' in general.

What positive difference to a meth head would "controlled legalisation" bring?

If crystal meth was legalised tomorrow and the user rates went up even just 1%, do you think this would have a positive or a negative impact on communities?

I have no idea why you are focusing on crystal meth, or what mythical power this one drug has to sever the very positive aspects of legalisation, or negate the very negative aspects of prohibition.

What positive difference will it have? The substance will be given in optimal doses in both quantity and potency, and the user will be monitored by medical professionals whilst they consume the drug. That'd make a significant difference long before we get onto destroying organised crime.

It's a stupid hypothetical, but if the drug was consumed in safe circumstances then yes it absolutely would have a positive impact. Drug legalisation would have an enormously positive effect on communities. Not that crystal meth is anything approaching a serious issue in the UK, making this whole discussion pretty bizarre.

The question always relates back, who does making this product illegal benefit? And the answer isn't the users, it isn't the community, it certainly isn't law enforcement, it's drug dealers who benefit. And that's it.

Frankly, they are the only people with a legitimate argument against drug legalisation. You certainly don't have one.

Not to disagree with anything but to add it must surely be in the interest of big business who supply the raw materials for the War in Drugs, ie all businesses supplying law enforcement agencies.

The reason I'm focussing on crystal meth is because I joined this debate when you said crystal meth should be legalised. Not particularly hard to work out.

The above statements have confirmed my suspicions that you have a thin grasp of reality which I suspected since your post a few months back regarding telling a poster to expect a knock on the door from the police after he admitted online to smoking a joint :lol:

The only bizarre thing about this thread have been the amount of folk who have backed up your points on this without first engaging their brains and properly thinking it through for themselves.

Legalise crystal meth - unfuckingbelievable.

And you have yet to post one single point in support of its prohibition. There are arguments against legalisation, and you are utterly failing to make them.

So maybe you'll answer me this - who in their right mind would choose to use crystal meth just because it was legal? And even if they did, where would they be getting if from and what controls would be in place, compared to the current system? FYI, if I wanted meth I could get it with two phone calls, just as I could with many illegal drugs. That's without looking or using at all, just through people I've met in a local village pub in Cambridgeshire. It's you who's refusing to think here, no one else.

Also crystal meth is pretty nuts,iv seen training videos of people getting themselves into all sorts of states,being tasered,shot etc and still fighting like mad. We are really fortunate it's not popular here as it leads to a whole lot of pretty nasty stuff wherever it goes.

I tried it once in Bangkok. It believe it's mass-produced in Laos/Vietnam and is very popular in certain circles in South East Asia.

I met a lassie in a nightclub and ended up back at her place in the middle of the ghetto. The girl, who was a total stunner with a body you'd kill family pets for, poured some drinks and asked if I wanted to get high. As someone who's not unfamiliar with the concept I said I did, and she pulls out a bag of crystals and a glass pipe. She took the first hit, then loaded the pipe for me to fire in about it.

I took my first hit whilst getting a blowjob off this gorgeous half-naked Thai girl. Rock 'n' roll stuff for sure. The hit was heavy, made me wired and sharp as f**k. I liked it. A few more blasts and I was ripped to the tits.

A short while after I was kicking back on her bed with her straddling me. She says, "You know about me, right?" I was honking away on the pipe, and inbetween sooks went, "Eh?" She hitches her dress up, pulls her thong to one side, and sweet Davie Narey oot flops her boaby.

What to do? Get angry? Get violent? Run like the wind? I thought about it for a few seconds and took another blast of the pipe. f**k it. When you find yourself in these situations you're as well seeing them through to the end. We were up all night getting wrecked and having as interesting a conversation as I've ever had. Boy was sound. Some fucking tits on him.

I left at 9am on the back of her pal's moped and weaved through the Bangkok rush hour right off my chops, high on meth and the still-fresh memories of a highly exotic (or sordid, whatever) evening. I've taken many journeys on many modes of transportation and that's definitely my most memorable. Good times indeed.

As to whether it, along with weed and any other drugs should be legal, well yeah, why not. Legalise them, regulate them, and if adults want to take them then that's their choice. They'll do it whether it's legal or not regardless.

Protip: If you ever find yourself getting funky with a hot girl in Bangkok, make sure you take her dress all the way off and not just leave it wrapped round her waist before she starts giving you head. Stay safe, kids.

I tried it once in Bangkok. It believe it's mass-produced in Laos/Vietnam and is very popular in certain circles in South East Asia.

I met a lassie in a nightclub and ended up back at her place in the middle of the ghetto. The girl, who was a total stunner with a body you'd kill family pets for, poured some drinks and asked if I wanted to get high. As someone who's not unfamiliar with the concept I said I did, and she pulls out a bag of crystals and a glass pipe. She took the first hit, then loaded the pipe for me to fire in about it.

I took my first hit whilst getting a blowjob off this gorgeous half-naked Thai girl. Rock 'n' roll stuff for sure. The hit was heavy, made me wired and sharp as f**k. I liked it. A few more blasts and I was ripped to the tits.

A short while after I was kicking back on her bed with her straddling me. She says, "You know about me, right?" I was honking away on the pipe, and inbetween sooks went, "Eh?" She hitches her dress up, pulls her thong to one side, and sweet Davie Narey oot flops her boaby.

What to do? Get angry? Get violent? Run like the wind? I thought about it for a few seconds and took another blast of the pipe. f**k it. When you find yourself in these situations you're as well seeing them through to the end. We were up all night getting wrecked and having as interesting a conversation as I've ever had. Boy was sound. Some fucking tits on him.

I left at 9am on the back of her pal's moped and weaved through the Bangkok rush hour right off my chops, high on meth and the still-fresh memories of a highly exotic (or sordid, whatever) evening. I've taken many journeys on many modes of transportation and that's definitely my most memorable. Good times indeed.

As to whether it, along with weed and any other drugs should be legal, well yeah, why not. Legalise them, regulate them, and if adults want to take them then that's their choice. They'll do it whether it's legal or not regardless.

Protip: If you ever find yourself getting funky with a hot girl in Bangkok, make sure you take her dress all the way off and not just leave it wrapped round her waist before she starts giving you head. Stay safe, kids.

Fab. It may be a cliché, but close the thread now. This wins. :D

And you have yet to post one single point in support of its prohibition. There are arguments against legalisation, and you are utterly failing to make them.

So maybe you'll answer me this - who in their right mind would choose to use crystal meth just because it was legal? And even if they did, where would they be getting if from and what controls would be in place, compared to the current system? FYI, if I wanted meth I could get it with two phone calls, just as I could with many illegal drugs. That's without looking or using at all, just through people I've met in a local village pub in Cambridgeshire. It's you who's refusing to think here, no one else.

"who in their right mind would choose to use crystal meth just because it was legal? "

I have no idea how many people would do that, but more to the point, neither does anyone else.

Are you trying to tell me that if it was legalised tomorrow, not one single solitary soul would try it out of curiosity now that the fear of prosecution had been eliminated? Not to mention people who aren't "in their right mind".

How many people consume alcohol because it's legal? Say 80% of the adult population for talking sake. Are you saying that they would all actively seek to buy alcohol if it was banned or do the majority of people take it as a result of it being legal?

Supras himself has conceded that crystal meth isn't a major problem in the UK yet he is honestly saying for the Government to legalise it? :1eye

I wouldn't have a scooby where to get my hands on some and I don't know anyone in this country who has taken it, so why the f**k should the Government make it easier for anyone to purchase it? :1eye

Btw, why exactly would you have to make two phone calls rather than just one to get a hold of some ice? I'd genuinely like to hear your answer on that as I can't fathom it out. It sounds to me like you might have fabricated that little tale in a vain attempt to prove some sort of point.

"who in their right mind would choose to use crystal meth just because it was legal? "

I have no idea how many people would do that, but more to the point, neither does anyone else.

Are you trying to tell me that if it was legalised tomorrow, not one single solitary soul would try it out of curiosity now that the fear of prosecution had been eliminated? Not to mention people who aren't "in their right mind".

How many people consume alcohol because it's legal? Say 80% of the adult population for talking sake. Are you saying that they would all actively seek to buy alcohol if it was banned or do the majority of people take it as a result of it being legal?

Supras himself has conceded that crystal meth isn't a major problem in the UK yet he is honestly saying for the Government to legalise it? :1eye

I wouldn't have a scooby where to get my hands on some and I don't know anyone in this country who has taken it, so why the f**k should the Government make it easier for anyone to purchase it? :1eye

Btw, why exactly would you have to make two phone calls rather than just one to get a hold of some ice? I'd genuinely like to hear your answer on that as I can't fathom it out. It sounds to me like you might have fabricated that little tale in a vain attempt to prove some sort of point.

You've clearly not heard about the prohibition of alcohol in the US, and the effects it had on organised crime. That makes you suspect from the start. I don't believe that anyone who wants to smoke meth and doesn't already would try it on a whim. And yes, it's probably worth taking the risk if you look at the effects of decriminalisation of heroin in Portugal, Spain and Italy, never mind the Netherlands.

And two phone calls? One to ask the guy who knows the dealer for the number, the other to make the call. Don't go in for Mastermind anytime soon, will you?

And two phone calls? One to ask the guy who knows the dealer for the number, the other to make the call. Don't go in for Mastermind anytime soon, will you?

:lol:

Yes that's right, because dealers are more than happy for their phone number to be given out to any random that decides they want to get off their tits tonight. That fantasy talk sounds as if it's right out the head of someone sitting in their bubble in a leafy Cambridgeshire suburb thinking they are clued up on street and drug culture because they watched Boyz in the Hood and trainspotting a few years ago.

Are you going to stick this meth dealer in to the police or are you just going to admit that he's a figment of your imagination?

You've clearly not heard about the prohibition of alcohol in the US, and the effects it had on organised crime. That makes you suspect from the start. I don't believe that anyone who wants to smoke meth and doesn't already would try it on a whim. And yes, it's probably worth taking the risk if you look at the effects of decriminalisation of heroin in Portugal, Spain and Italy, never mind the Netherlands.

I read a cracking (no pun intended) article about how well it's going in Portugal earlier this year, dug it up since you mentioned it for anyone who's interested.

They've got the right idea, and it's working.

:lol:

Yes that's right, because dealers are more than happy for their phone number to be given out to any random that decides they want to get off their tits tonight. That fantasy talk sounds as if it's right out the head of someone sitting in their bubble in a leafy Cambridgeshire suburb thinking they are clued up on street and drug culture because they watched Boyz in the Hood and trainspotting a few years ago.

Are you going to stick this meth dealer in to the police or are you just going to admit that he's a figment of your imagination?

Look, believe me or don't I couldn't care less. You're making a total idiot of yourself on this. People that know anything about drug culture also know that it pervades middle class society every bit as much as the kind of clichéd rubbish you're alluding to here. So much for me being in a bubble Dee Man - I'll guarantee you that whether posters on this thread take drugs or not, we would between us be able to source just about anything. It's you who's out of touch and living in a fantasy world.

I can personally guarantee that it was not copious amounts of alcohol which led to me being taken to hospitalised(spelling?) It was at the beginning of a wee night out in the Dundee union on a skint night.

My kidneys were playing up something terrible due to the medication I take (lithium orotate) and ecstasy being in my system since as you all know it makes your waterworks f**k up. I was literally as dry as ghandis flip flop. Doctors said I was lucky I didn't fall into the trap of drinking a shit tonne of water or I would have been in a sticky situation.

I'm far from a heavy drinker and I don't get myself in states with alcohol due to the medication I'm on.

Hope that clears up stuff. Wouldn't lie about that particular occasion in my life, especially just to try and prove a point against legalisation of drugs which I'm in favour for.

Carry on ladies.

P. S. Edinburgh is beautiful.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

So did you or did not test positive for Ecstasy, like you claimed you did the other day? What test were you given?

Stop dodging these questions please.

Edited by hazzi