Should Weed Be Legal?

Should weed in the UK be...  

572 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Amazing the amount of times you're casually walking down the street and someone stoats past you absolutely howling of it. And I mean howling. Its not a smell I ever recally picking up on in my younger years from folk. We're they just more conscious of not going out stinking of it back then as it was a dead giveaway but now that its more or less accepted, it's fine to be a stinky b*****d?

It always prompts the same response from me when I catch a whiff...turn to whoever I'm walking with and let them know 'I got the fuckin munchies maaaaan '.

I lived in south-east London thirty years ago - I'm still buzzing from the THC now, and I've never smoked in my life.

The smell, I will absolutely concede is stinking (when smoking), I've made a wee corner in my shed with a chair and a pillow so just chill out for 15-20 mins, away from the world, and relax, its my 15 minutes to move from work brain to normal life brain, if that makes sense.

IMO moving in the way Spain has (Germany currently), decriminalise it for personal cultivation and use at home and on private property, if folk are serious about using it personally then surely being able to grow their own and monitor exactly what's going into it.  I do agree that folk walking down a crowded street puffing away shows a lack of respect to other folk that hate the smell, but in your own house or property, charge on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Doesn't fit the "all drugs are bad" narrative though, so don't bring facts to a debate!!!

I can only speak for myself tbh, but since I've used it "properly" rather than some daft wee guy just trying to get as stoned as I can, I've lost 5 stone in weight (down to a healthy 12.5 now), been promoted twice in work, done the majority of the Inside of my house up myself, weined myself off of Mirtazipine anti depressants, cut the opioid use by 50% for chronic knee pain, and just generally an all round better person (noticeably to others).  But aye, it's bad eh.

Always tempted to start a 'let's pretend...' type thread to see what the discussion would go like in a hypothetical scenario in which prohibition had always been enforced throughout the UK, and posters debate whether or not booze should be legalised.  Would probably get derailed fairly quickly though I'd imagine.

Usernames beginning with A, C, E, G... have to argue in favour, whilst those with B, D, F... need to argue against.  Something like that anyway.

Edited by Hedgecutter

6 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

You just posted one.

Did you read the report?

Findings  In this cohort study of claims data from 63 680 589 beneficiaries from 2003 to 2017, there was no statistically significant difference in the rates of psychosis-related diagnoses or prescribed antipsychotics in states with medical or recreational cannabis policies compared with states with no such policy”

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Lol what a moron. Did you watch this film by any chance?

71OeFMPfAQL._AC_SY741_.jpg

Have it on DVD, a fun watch. It is really hilarious.

1 minute ago, Binos said:

It massively ramps up issues with people who already have mental health problems 

Alcohol or marijuana?

I’ve certainly seen more crime, death and bloodshed through alcohol consumption than smoking marijuana. 

26 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Alcohol or marijuana?

I’ve certainly seen more crime, death and bloodshed through alcohol consumption than smoking marijuana. 

Not sure the debate is alcohol bad for you and very bad for many people,  as that's obviously a yes

8 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Doesn't fit the "all drugs are bad" narrative though, so don't bring facts to a debate!!!

I can only speak for myself tbh, but since I've used it "properly" rather than some daft wee guy just trying to get as stoned as I can, I've lost 5 stone in weight (down to a healthy 12.5 now), been promoted twice in work, done the majority of the Inside of my house up myself, weined myself off of Mirtazipine anti depressants, cut the opioid use by 50% for chronic knee pain, and just generally an all round better person (noticeably to others).  But aye, it's bad eh.

Lost all that weight because you can't afford to eat because you're a POT ADDICT! Robbing grannies and invalids for your DRUG FIX!

1 hour ago, Binos said:

It massively ramps up issues with people who already have mental health problems 

"here, have some more paint from my massively broad brush strokes".

Your generalisation is astounding and ill informed.

22 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Lost all that weight because you can't afford to eat because you're a POT ADDICT! Robbing grannies and invalids for your DRUG FIX!

you forgot "steal from yer dad" and "isolated from your family" for the full house there mate.

2 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

"here, have some more paint from my massively broad brush strokes".

Your generalisation is astounding and ill informed.

you forgot "steal from yer dad" and "isolated from your family" for the full house there mate.

I bet you live in a squat, injecting crack and smoking acid.