Stranraer close-season thread

Malky knows the score. Unlucky lads, I'm sure he wont celebrate if/when he scores against you as you are the team who gave him his break in football before he inevitably moved on to a much,much bigger club.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Malky knows the score. Unlucky lads, I'm sure he wont celebrate if/when he scores against you as you are the team who gave him his break in football before he inevitably moved on to a much,much bigger club.

Must try harder:lol:.

I would agree that ayr are a much bigger club than stranraer but really they arent that much better if better at all...you would think such a massive club would be a bit better than they are really wouldnt you ?

Also good luck to malky .great servant to stranraer and always gave 110% ..he is a working man and has bills to pay so if he gets offered more money by ayr he would of been silly not to take it .

Pleased by stranraers signings so far and look forward to seeing who else stevie and stevie have lined up .

Club have priced concreting it.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

One on my favourite parts of the stadiums in Scotland.

Bigger club, or should I say - should be a bigger club. No problems with him moving to Somerset.

Wait till he experiences the negative vibes surrounding Ayr United!

Will be interesting to see how teams shape up in January, cause I'd imagine the vast majority of us will have a little bit of cash to splash by them with the The Rangers / Dunfermline away supports.

How much are you expecting through from Dunfermline? Bad feeling you might be disappointed if anything, can't really remember us traveling in large numbers for Ayr, and with us having been there a few times I can't see it being that much of a novelty factor. Probably won't be much of an improvement, if any from the Queen of the South support.

Likewise I'd imagine a good few will make the trip to Stranraer but Queens brought a fairly decent support there last year?

If, and it is a massive if. Ayr and Dunfermline are both fighting it out for a play-off spot you might though find it'll be a very healthy crowd, here's hoping!

How much are you expecting through from Dunfermline? Bad feeling you might be disappointed if anything, can't really remember us traveling in large numbers for Ayr, and with us having been there a few times I can't see it being that much of a novelty factor. Probably won't be much of an improvement, if any from the Queen of the South support.

Likewise I'd imagine a good few will make the trip to Stranraer but Queens brought a fairly decent support there last year?

If, and it is a massive if. Ayr and Dunfermline are both fighting it out for a play-off spot you might though find it'll be a very healthy crowd, here's hoping!

Queens took an average of 500 to Stranraer and just a touch under to Ayr. Assuming Rangers win the league and the Pars arent closely challenging I doubt they will match that (not a criticism, geography is clearly a factor in those two fixtures).

According to a poster on the Stranraer forum Frank McKeown has signed on again - seems he has confirmed it himself on Twitter.

FRANKO :wub:

At the time we was upset to hear the news that malky had signed for Ayr Utd, especially when he turned down full time football a lot bigger and better than Ayr, so in reality he has took a big step down to play for a team who's fans from expierance will turn on him when he maby hit a dry patch as he does, not saying he is a bad player because even when he's not scoring he will still give 110 % for the team. We wish him all the best but now he has been replaced and all the Stranraer youth supporters will have a new hero to look up to in the shape of Longworth or McKenna Malky has gone and soon be forgotten to the stranraer supporters, as this is football :cheers

He said he wanted to stay part-time and we are the biggest part-time team in Scotland. Unlucky

i dont mean eny harm but how can yous be the biggest part time club in scotland when yous were one place above us and lets be honest wee played yous off the park in all 4 games last season, and still yous keep on about this, its old now.

i dont mean eny harm but how can yous be the biggest part time club in scotland when yous were one place above us and lets be honest wee played yous off the park in all 4 games last season, and still yous keep on about this, its old now.

Out of all the part-time teams in Scotland we have the biggest fan base and best history so therefore are the biggest part-time team in Scotland. Deal with it

Pettigrew has knocked yous back hopefully wee butch will do the same, who would want to work with farrell the guy is a w**k

stevie farrell is a class guy and a really good no 2, your right about pettgrew but unlucky wee butch is coming.

Out of all the part-time teams in Scotland we have the biggest fan base and best history so therefore are the biggest part-time team in Scotland. Deal with it

wee were playing football before yous new what football was,wee are the 3 oldest club. deal with it

Archived