*****The Official UK Grime Thread*****

J Hus will go far. Junk food is garbage. Listen to Chip - Hard Food.

I'm torn with Chip, he certainly can spit, but all the constantly getting into beefs is only going to damage him long term.

South London is coming up big at the moment Stormzy is beating the x factor and Elf Kid is going to do well, great sampling.

Stormzy is the realest guy out there atm

https://www.facebook.com/5LUTDR0P/posts/1040115506008543

• 2 weeks later...

I used to like him for his production and new flows but his bars are dead.

"I've not had drink but I'm acting the drunkest"

Yeah this is still one of my favourite instrumentals -

Think it was by him anyway.

I'm torn with Chip, he certainly can spit, but all the constantly getting into beefs is only going to damage him long term.

South London is coming up big at the moment Stormzy is beating the x factor and Elf Kid is going to do well, great sampling.

I like the Amerie sample on that.

Aye Big H is my favourite mc by a distance. Agree about the clash, he went in totally unprepared.

Yeah he clearly ran out of bars then tried to play it down by demanding more money to keep spitting :lol:

This is still good though:

• 3 weeks later...

Stormzy coming with pyoor fyah in a less than subtle pop at Dillian Whyte:

Crazy how an otherwise forgettable fight in the scheme of things has shot Stormzy up. Bizarre seeing him on Football Focus with Dan Walker saying Merky (incorrectly). Really hyped for the album.

Equally bizarre is Big Narstie appearing on Jonathan Ross's show last night with Craig David. Shame they didn't properly speak to him as that would have been TV gold. But hearing him shout 'wavey gang' and BDL is something I thought I'd never see.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Was at Wiley last night and it was absolutely hilarious. Crowd was hoaching with Supreme and Palace gear that it felt like a Basement meet up and Wiley was absolutely atrocious. The DJ essentially stuck Spotify on and loaded a "best of nu-grime" playlist while Wiley sat and danced. Was still a class night despite half the crowd leaving before Wiley even played one of his own tunes.

• 1 month later...

I was into drum and bass and then two step stuff like dj zinc.
Seems like the pirates picked up any bass heavy underground stuff and then certain mcs got involved.
As with drum and bass the good stuff is diluted and you end up with stormzy etc?
Am I wrong?