Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

the sight of rangers tops at these walks is nauseating and cringe worthy and i have yet to see any other football club shirt represented, yes represented at these marches, because it gives the false impression that this represents all rangers fans.

if you were to see an edinburgh area orange walk you would see hearts tops on display , and their is even a flute band called heart of midlothian fb and also they might not like to admit but there is percentage of motherwell fans who are in the orange lodge and various flute bands and motherwell tops are seen on display at parades in lanarkshire.

if you were to see an edinburgh area orange walk you would see hearts tops on display , and their is even a flute band called heart of midlothian fb and also they might not like to admit but there is percentage of motherwell fans who are in the orange lodge and various flute bands and motherwell tops are seen on display at parades in lanarkshire.

I'm sure there are bigots who happen to support Motherwell and others. I know of one person who used to follow Thistle and was a member of the OO. But there are 1000's who follow Rangers BECAUSE they are bigots. Do you see the difference?

I'm sure there are bigots who happen to support Motherwell and others. I know of one person who used to follow Thistle and was a member of the OO. But there are 1000's who follow Rangers BECAUSE they are bigots. Do you see the difference?

There are plenty of bigots in Scotland who are not Orangemen. The word bigot means holding a viewpoint to an unreasonable extent and that isn't something that is confined to members of the loyal orders.

There are plenty of bigots in Scotland who are not Orangemen. The word bigot means holding a viewpoint to an unreasonable extent and that isn't something that is confined to members of the loyal orders.

And?

Obfuscating the term 'bigot' to apply to those who object to sectarian minded morons disrupting towns and cities every weekend - bonus top trump points all round!

Heading down a cul de sac of semantic squabbling posts IMO

Newsreader: Police in Belfast say the annual orange walks in Belfast went by without any major violence, 8 arrests were made and there was 3 stabbings.

EH WIT?

The eight arrest were from crowds of 80,000 all over the country - a fairly negligible return from crowds that size. I'd have a healthy wager that T in the Park had much worse returns?

Sadly, if you read the BBC NI news, as I do regularly, stabbings are as common back home as they are in Glasgow.

Not defending the OO or the parades, just the consistent assault on one side of the Ni by some, (they know who they are), and I don't mean you when I say that.

The eight arrest were from crowds of 80,000 all over the country - a fairly negligible return from crowds that size. I'd have a healthy wager that T in the Park had much worse returns?

Sadly, if you read the BBC NI news, as I do regularly, stabbings are as common back home as they are in Glasgow.

Not defending the OO or the parades, just the consistent assault on one side of the Ni by some, (they know who they are), and I don't mean you when I say that.

I don't think the 3 stabbings were related to the parades, either.

• 1 month later...

met police stating 11 stabbings over the weekend relating to the notting hill carnival, i shall await the moral crusaders of pnb to state why this event should now be cancelled due to the violence which occurs by the people following it.

http://www.itv.com/n...ings-yesterday/

:lol:

The lol is a disgusting bigoted organisation completely unconnected to the Notting Hill Carnival.

HTH.