Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

I'm not intolerant to any creed, belief traditions etc. other than my own; just the truly cretinous ones. Which just so happen to be found ten a penny in the failed statelet that you slithered from to come here.

Gutted for you.

This sort of intolerance of others is a sure sign of bigotry, or does our emeritus professor of history, (almost, but not quite), not recognise this?

The conversation would probably come up in casual conversation about upbringing and childhood, again not really that strange

Can't say I have ever spoke about it with my mates. Can see why you would've considering what one half of my family are like, church going religion, not angry hateful pretendy orange Sevco supporting religion by the way.

That tower of pallets stacked up with Ireland flags ready to burn. What a fucking shambles of a place.

The West Coast :lol:

Northern Ireland :lol:

The Orange Order :lol:

Wow.

I went to collect 2 of our grand daughters, and came back to find 3 pages of mostly increasingly hysterical posts, interrupted by one or two reasonable exchanges, which are getting lost in the general nonsense.

It wasn't a glorious 12th for my team as we lost a close game to a team whose captain liked like a mutant and had a Better Together sticker on his bat. I'll let them off as they did make a quality tea (the drink).

This sort of intolerance of others is a sure sign of bigotry, or does our emeritus professor of history, (almost, but not quite), not recognise this?

You need to learn to read your self-provided definition of 'bigotry' champ. As you're struggling badly here, I'll highlight the key word for you:

stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

My intolerance of the bigoted, outdated and scumbag ways of the "community" of the faled statelet is therefore not bigoted, because it is not a universal stance applied to anything not identified with west-central Scotland. Just a correctly held contempt for those who truly merit it; much as holding the Ku Klux Klan and their Southern 'community' in contempt does not in fact make someone a 'bigot' either.

Unlucky.

You need to learn to read your self-provided definition of 'bigotry' champ. As you're struggling badly here, I'll highlight the key word for you:

My intolerance of the bigoted, outdated and scumbag ways of the "community" of the faled statelet is therefore not bigoted, because it is not a universal stance applied to anything not identified with west-central Scotland. Just a correctly held contempt for those who truly merit it; much as holding the Ku Klux Klan and their Southern 'community' in contempt does not in fact make someone a 'bigot' either.

Unlucky.

post-45629-0-08373100-1436739189.jpg

Just a correctly held contempt for those who truly merit it; much as holding the Ku Klux Klan and their Southern 'community' in contempt does not in fact make someone a 'bigot' either.

Oh Tonnyboy. Such anger from one so young. Such ignorance too. Do you really want to 'argue from analogy'? I ken it's the P&B way but do you really want to associate yourself with such dullards?

On that I would agree, as would most reasonable people, but that is not what you are doing, the subtle difference being that you should not hold the whole southern community in contempt because of the KKK, because that would be bigoted.

I've tried to make it simple for you, are you getting where I'm coming from now..................................

On that I would agree, as would most reasonable people, but that is not what you are doing, the subtle difference being that you should not hold the whole southern community in contempt because of the KKK, because that would be bigoted.

No it wouldn't - understand your own term champ. You might argue that I shouldn't hold their community at large in contempt for abetting the KKK, but any decision to do so does not actually reflect 'bigotry' by any definition of the term.

And in any case, the community of the Confederate South doesn't have popular, supremacist political parties, nor decades of organised racial violence, and so has a much lesser degree of complicity in the actions of their scumbag hate groups than the community within the failed statelet.

Edited by vikingTON