Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

What the f**k is the obsession with black members of the OO?

I'm going to wager that immigrants' first thought upon arrival is not "Where do I find a backwards, irrelevant and hateful organisation which only local rednecks would interested in?"

I'd also surmise that in LOLz strongholds like Broxburn, Airdrie and Saltcoats there probably aren't 20 black people total.

Can you not see the link. Blacks are not welcome in these places.

My mate was black and he wanted to join the OO, and he was rejected because he was and is currently gayer. He's since joined the catholic church and Greenburn GC and he's going to enrol to West Lothian college to study farrierism, but he doesn't like horses! lols.

OK change your team to Celtic and post in The Big Thread. With views like these you'll feel right at home.

Of the Orange order? Not particularly. I firmly support many of the principles they stand for- freedom of assembly, civil and religious Liberty for all. Supporters of the monarchy and union. However, I don't buy into any of their religious beliefs, rules regarding attendance at Catholic masses. I also think they are quite regressive and their own worst enemy, I beleieve they have an over inflated opinion of their own importance.

I enjoy attendeding Orange order parades and other loyal institution events and band parades as I seen it as an important and influential part of my upbringing. I enjoy the music and the atmosphere. I am a unionist and have a strong affinity to Ulster and their people.

So, an apparent atheist who supports an extreme religious group claims that the OO stands for "civil and religious Liberty for all" yet at the same time concedes they have "rules regarding attendance at Catholic masses" and are "quite regressive".

You're all over the fucking shop.

My grandfathers brother was married to a black woman and was from an Orange family. It may have happened in my extended family. Wouldn't know though because he died before my time. There's plenty of valid angles to attack the LOL such as crap deliberately provocative music and dubious dress sense without bringing bogus ones like race into it.

Have seen it claimed that the LOL on Merseyside is about 10% non-white. No idea if it is true or not.

Out of interest, where do you go to see people making claims about the number of non-white members of particular branches of the Orange Order?

Someofmybestfriendsareblack.com?

Imnotracistbut.org?

Of the Orange order? Not particularly. I firmly support many of the principles they stand for- freedom of assembly, civil and religious Liberty for all. Supporters of the monarchy and union. However, I don't buy into any of their religious beliefs, rules regarding attendance at Catholic masses. I also think they are quite regressive and their own worst enemy, I beleieve they have an over inflated opinion of their own importance.

I enjoy attendeding Orange order parades and other loyal institution events and band parades as I seen it as an important and influential part of my upbringing. I enjoy the music and the atmosphere. I am a unionist and have a strong affinity to Ulster and their people.

post-28369-Cheryl-Cole-ok-eye-roll-gif-w

Whilst there's no denying that the OO have a certain natural incline towards nativism and the far-right, as far as I can tell their main priority is hating Catholics and republicans of all stripes.

The only person concerned about race here is you.

I never brought up the subject.

There are black associates with the KKK, there's black members of Chelsea's X1. We're only asking about the OO. Why not answer the question with a factual response?