The Blacklist

Boghead ranter

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the 3rd episode last night, really good again. Although two things bugged me

Eli Matchett wasnt really a "blacklister". If anything, the woman who worked for the agri company should have been

The Dembe story line is getting annoying. They use his family to get him to come in but then completely ignore them and try and beat information out of him.

Another quality episode this week

The faking of Lizs death was pretty obvious, so there wasnt really much need to portray it as real at the start. Just knew Dembele would appear. Top bloke

Really enjoying this series. I like the way they are still delivering blacklisters to the feds despite being on the run. The whole fugitive thing has given the show a whole new perspective that it really needed

On the UK Sky Atlantic run so only three episodes in but one thing is irritating me incredibly. Reddington spent 20 years on the run as a fugitive without even a sniff of being caught; now suddenly, the FBI have acquired incredible powers of deduction to intercept him at every turn, led by Ressler who has very much been the stereotypical knucklehead cop in previous seasons, who couldn't find head nor tail or Reddington before he handed himself in but is now Sherlock f*cking Holmes.

Also thought they were more than a tad self indulgent in Red's long philosophical, illuminating monologues in the first two episodes.

Entertaining nonetheless.