A-League 2013/2014

Swarley

So Season 2013/2014 kicks off tonight with Newcastle visiting Sydney. 1st half has been OK, ADP (when did this SBW style nickname start?) has been terrific but the goal he scored was more due to comedy defending from the Jets than his undoubted talent.

One game per week on SBS doesn't really bother me as I will be watching Fox as usual. Have to admit I've not really taken much interest in the pre-season. I know that Nicky Carle returned to Sydney but have there been any other 'big name' transfers?

Week 1 fixtures

11/10 Sydney v Newcastle

12/10 Central Coast v WSW

12/10 Victory v Heart

13/10 Adelaide v Perth

13/10 Wellington v Brisbane

Edit to add: oh yeah Harry Kewell returning but to Melbourne Heart should raise a few hackles!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the 2nd half on Paddy Power , have backed Sydney to score 2 or more, always enjoy the Aussie League , kind of like the Wellington Phoenix,no real reason why, what happened to Gold Coast by the way?

They folded. They were owned by a mining magnate, Clive Palmer, who eventually pulled the plug. He is a bizarre chap, he refused to pay for extra security for home games so only a few thousand could go. Plus numerous battles with the FFA and a League.

Great to see that some games are on SBS. Go Victory!

So Season 2013/2014 kicks off tonight with Newcastle visiting Sydney. 1st half has been OK, ADP (when did this SBW style nickname start?) has been terrific but the goal he scored was more due to comedy defending from the Jets than his undoubted talent.

One game per week on SBS doesn't really bother me as I will be watching Fox as usual. Have to admit I've not really taken much interest in the pre-season. I know that Nicky Carle returned to Sydney but have there been any other 'big name' transfers?

Week 1 fixtures

11/10 Sydney v Newcastle

12/10 Central Coast v WSW

12/10 Victory v Heart

13/10 Adelaide v Perth

13/10 Wellington v Brisbane

Edit to add: oh yeah Harry Kewell returning but to Melbourne Heart should raise a few hackles!

Matt McKay to Roar, Harry Kewell Heart & Marco Flores Mariners main moves can think of plus Ryan Edwards on Liam from Reading to Glory who will be thumped by the Reds on Sunday !

Planning on going to the etihad for the derby tomorrow, shame victory couldn't get Miccoli on board. It's not great football but its a decent day out cheap ish tickets and drinking in your seat,

With a half decent atmosphere whenever I've been although that was at the aami.

Good win for Sydney, some crowd there too, I take it this is on live in Oz.

All games live on Foxtel (pay TV) but as OP mentioned this one was also live in SBS free to air and a return to home base ad SBS used to show the old National League. SBS = Special Broadcasting Service aka Sex Before Soccer

Good win for Sydney, some crowd there too, I take it this is on live in Oz.

Looked like a decent crowd for the first game of the season. Sydney FC twitter says 20,103 which is very good even for Sydney.

Should add there will probably be more than 40,000 at the Melbourne derby tomorrow.

Yeah that'll be a cracking atmosphere. Kewell getting pelters from the Victory fans until he goes off injured or can't be bothered any longer!

Yeah that'll be a cracking atmosphere. Kewell getting pelters from the Victory fans until he goes off injured or can't be bothered any longer!

Although have a funny feeling he'll manufacture a goal or assist and be hailed as the prodigal ...

Just the way the fixture computer churned them out :rolleyes:

:lol:

It's a unique beast, the Australian sport fixture computers, that's for sure!

Are Sydney even the number 1 team in Sydney anymore?

:lol:

It's a unique beast, the Australian sport fixture computers, that's for sure!

Are Sydney even the number 1 team in Sydney anymore?

Well last season no. WSW whipped their arse. Might be different this year.

Archived