Muirkirk Manager Resigns

Holygrail

Yes I understand what your saying but Dalmellington is more isolated as its quite further out whereas I was thinking 40 mins or so from Hamilton or 45-50 mins from some areas of Glasgow is a big catchment area. Will be interesting to see the type of player he can attract.

PS your team Ardeer are flying at the moment. You think you can keep it going until the end of the season? Surely Cook will get pinched sooner or later if he keeps this up. He's done brilliant so far.

Dalmellington's not that far from Glasgow either, quite a quick road once you get past Ayr.

The point re: isolation is twofold - firstly, as there aren't many decent sized towns nearby, there's a limited number of good local players to try and attract to the club, especially for Muirkirk having to compete with Cumnock, Talbot, Glenafton & Lugar. Secondly, up towards the North Lanarkshire / Glasgow area there are numerous junior & amateur clubs that are probably more appealing to a player than regular trips down to deepest, darkest, Ayrshire!

Yep, Cooky and the Ardeer players and doing very well right now, I could get fair used to this winning malarkey! Extremely tight at the top of the league, plenty of sides will hope to be up there at the end of the season, we just have to try and keep our good form going.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dalmellington's not that far from Glasgow either, quite a quick road once you get past Ayr.

The point re: isolation is twofold - firstly, as there aren't many decent sized towns nearby, there's a limited number of good local players to try and attract to the club, especially for Muirkirk having to compete with Cumnock, Talbot, Glenafton & Lugar. Secondly, up towards the North Lanarkshire / Glasgow area there are numerous junior & amateur clubs that are probably more appealing to a player than regular trips down to deepest, darkest, Ayrshire!

Yep, Cooky and the Ardeer players and doing very well right now, I could get fair used to this winning malarkey! Extremely tight at the top of the league, plenty of sides will hope to be up there at the end of the season, we just have to try and keep our good form going.

If nothing else I would like to see Ardeer win the league for your committee man, I think his name is Peter McBlain (I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong). From what I believe he has worked tirelessly for years at Ardeer without any success or a lot of the times support from the local community. I used to see him down there at all times of the day pottering about and keeping the place running. A lot of the time tidying up after a visit from the local vandals. As I say that guy deserves it although there are probably guys like him at a lot of the junior teams.

Before i go into anything i'm going to say i know jose quite well and get along great with him. He is an absolute top lad. The same cannot be said about davie lyons though. He is a crook who has stolen sponsership money from both newmains and stonehouse when he was associated with both these clubs. As far as i'm aware he has no managerial/coaching experience. I assume "hagi" you're his son chris? As i said above i think jose is a great guy but he has definetly made a wrong choice getting involved with this crook. I hope the committe take heid of his as they could end up with a ruined club. The guy has no place in junior football, i wouldn't trust him with a boys club never mind a club at this level!

has Jose took a session yet with the boys? so just to confirm he is the player manager yeah?

Yes Jose and Davie took a session with us on Wednesday night, and what a lift everyone got. Training was upbeat and enjoyable and its the first time ive seen the place buzzing in a long time !! People are too quick to write people off, lets just watch this space.

Before i go into anything i'm going to say i know jose quite well and get along great with him. He is an absolute top lad. The same cannot be said about davie lyons though. He is a crook who has stolen sponsership money from both newmains and stonehouse when he was associated with both these clubs. As far as i'm aware he has no managerial/coaching experience. I assume "hagi" you're his son chris? As i said above i think jose is a great guy but he has definetly made a wrong choice getting involved with this crook. I hope the committe take heid of his as they could end up with a ruined club. The guy has no place in junior football, i wouldn't trust him with a boys club never mind a club at this level!

A don't like the sound of that if it's true that is obviously, muirkirks had it's fair share of crooks chancing there arm in the past, so I'm sure they would have learned there lesson n it wouldn't b allowed to happen again

A don't like the sound of that if it's true that is obviously, muirkirks had it's fair share of crooks chancing there arm in the past, so I'm sure they would have learned there lesson n it wouldn't b allowed to happen again

I sincerely hope it doesn't happen but what i have said is true. I feel sorry for muirkirk as i think they will stick with this crook.

I sincerely hope it doesn't happen but what i have said is true. I feel sorry for muirkirk as i think they will stick with this crook.

As always there is 2 sides to every story so I won't judge the guy before iv ever met him

, Were u one of his players at his previous clubs like?

Earlier in the thread I mentioned a connection between David Lyons and Stonehouse,and although the posts regarding this seem to be gone,the topic certainly generated some vitriolic material on here at the time.

I remember that one of the guys with his hat in the ring for the manager/joint manager position at Stonehouse back then was Shielsy,so it's possible that he'll recall the details of David Lyons' involvement.

Hello James keane everyone who should know know it's you your pals at newmains told my dad today now your telling a lot of lies now just because your pal didn't get the job so to clear things up I'm david Lyons son I'm not hagi don't have to hide behind names my dad stole nothing from newmains utd yes he was involved with them but took nothing so I would watch who your calling a crook and as far as stonehouse goes my dad was part of that before they had any money so that's another lie you've told But if anyone wants to find out them selfs they can call James Armstrong the treasurer of newmains and he will let you know everything hope that clears that up

Hello James keane everyone who should know know it's you your pals at newmains told my dad today now your telling a lot of lies now just because your pal didn't get the job so to clear things up I'm david Lyons son I'm not hagi don't have to hide behind names my dad stole nothing from newmains utd yes he was involved with them but took nothing so I would watch who your calling a crook and as far as stonehouse goes my dad was part of that before they had any money so that's another lie you've told But if anyone wants to find out them selfs they can call James Armstrong the treasurer of newmains and he will let you know everything hope that clears that up

Chris your dad is a crook end of, i'm not the first to have this opinion of your dad and i'll not be the last. I totally understand you are going to defend your dad and respect you for it but the truth will come out and i hope muirkirk end up ok.

As far as my pal at newmains, yeah ian didn't get the job but would your dad have got the gig without jose?

Sounds like sour grapes when I mentioned your pals at newmains I meant the committee as there the ones who told my dad about it and they have said no money was taking so not being funny your talking out your arse end of ! As for would he have got the gig without jose maybe not but jose trusts him that much he's part of the management team as for the truth coming out yeah it will as I've already said if anyone has any questions about my dad and your claims they only need to contact James Armstrong

Sour grapes on whos behalf? Mine? I hope jose does well as i've already said he is a top lad.

What did the guys at newmains tell your dad? Because the same guys at newmains have told me that there was a set of strips taken and also a £200 cheque from francos chip shop, which your dad told him to make out in his name and not the club

Yeah yours and my dads on the phone to the newmains committee the now so there wanting to know who said it keano boy and for the Franco's chippy thing my dad was never there peter Bennett was the one who was dealing with the sponsorship with that so get your facts right instead of spouting lies upon lies upon lies and for the fact you've now said that that's slander so you better have proof when the police come at your door

Yeah yours and my dads on the phone to the newmains committee the now so there wanting to know who said it keano boy and for the Franco's chippy thing my dad was never there peter Bennett was the one who was dealing with the sponsorship with that so get your facts right instead of spouting lies upon lies upon lies and for the fact you've now said that that's slander so you better have proof when the police come at your door

:jerry

Archived