Fallout 4

Goran

The main plot would have been better if it was time sensitive, well certainly up to your confontation with Kellogg. Theres plenty of factors to consider, his scent trail that Dogmeat follows would fade over time, he was setting himself up at the army base for his mission taking out the Scientist. So they could have made it so that if you didnt get to him at time you wouldnt find him and he would kill the scientist and you wouldnt be able to make it into the institute, removing that questline and robbing you of finding out shawns wereabouts

Outside of killing the quest giver, rarely is there any other way to fail a quest.

I haven't enjoyed my 2nd play through as much as my first. May give up and start again as Piper just doesn't want the boaby. Poor dude is trapped in the friend zone. Will give it a bit more time to see how fun Cait can be but it ain't looking promising.

Hadn't played this in months but remembered that I've got the season pass so decided to download the dlc and start a new save on survival mode.

Survival mode was solid at first, must've died about 10 times doing the first mission in Concord. Getting the hang of it now though.

Just completed the main story for this last night.

Ending spoiler:

Spoiler

Picked the institute in the end, it just seemed natural to stick with your son and telling everyone else to GTF. The battle at the end with BOS was immensely entertaining, kept falling off the rig that's holding up Liberty Prime though.

I'll probably load a previous save to try the other endings, not sure how far back I should go though. The survival mode looks like it'll be solid too, I might even need to use some power armour once in a while.

53 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Just completed the main story for this last night.

Ending spoiler:

Hide contents

Picked the institute in the end, it just seemed natural to stick with your son and telling everyone else to GTF. The battle at the end with BOS was immensely entertaining, kept falling off the rig that's holding up Liberty Prime though.

I'll probably load a previous save to try the other endings, not sure how far back I should go though. The survival mode looks like it'll be solid too, I might even need to use some power armour once in a while.

I refused to side with the Institute mostly because of your sons dogmatic view on the outside

7 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Reveal hidden contents

I refused to side with the Institute mostly because of your sons dogmatic view on the outside

Spoiler

I can see why, from what I've seen most people haven't went with the institute on first playthrough. I thought the other factions were all full of gimps though (not so much BOS) and the institute at least had a clear plan and kept me in cushy surroundings (although their weapons shop was pretty crap - particularly for ammo). I'll probably try the Railroad next and then BOS and leave the Minutemen until last.

• 2 weeks later...

f**k sake! I just accidentally deleted my fucking saves. Ive been having a heavy lag when saving my game which has been affecting my load times, so a tip was to clear out old saves, so i deleted loads of them and without noticing i deleted all of my current character saves. Luckilly i had done f**k all in this save, id saved preston then spent like 10 hours building a cracking Sanctuary

New Vault workshop DLC is quite awful, the settlement parts are horrible to use and sometimes just refuse to click together. Ive had to dismantle entire rooms just to get a roof piece to connect. The cavern is fun as hell to explore tho, ive removed limestone walls just to find a legendary deathclaw hiding behind it, or swarms of Scorpions. I cant really complain tho, the game has gave me lots of gaming time for my money so far

fo4.png

So getting a little fed up of my new save, ive ended up doing what ive done repeatedly. Spent hours building and fucking about with a base, gained loads of xp to level me to 25-30 during so then tried missions, but at those levels they are either far too easy or difficult cause you don't have any decent gear from base building. Decided to scrap the save and finally give Survival a proper shot, never really played it and a new kind of challenge would be great. Have disabled all my mods aswell and just gonna play as the game intended. Oh, was planning to play as a woman this time for variety, but while dicking about on the character creator, i made this majestic beast and i just have to use him.

20160731235748_1.jpg

On 31/07/2016 at 16:09, EdgarusQPFC said:

New Vault workshop DLC is quite awful, the settlement parts are horrible to use and sometimes just refuse to click together. Ive had to dismantle entire rooms just to get a roof piece to connect. The cavern is fun as hell to explore tho, ive removed limestone walls just to find a legendary deathclaw hiding behind it, or swarms of Scorpions. I cant really complain tho, the game has gave me lots of gaming time for my money so far

fo4.png

Theres a patch out for it today. I also read somewhere that theres on piece in the vault that you need to start from to make sure everything joins up ok

Its here

Edited by Mr X

Just spent a bit starting the Vault stuff, seems alright so far, but I havent started building anything yet - its certainly big enough though!

I then went back to my factory. Here it is from the outside (not finished)

20160802210852_1.jpg

and heres the main floor

20160802210836_1.jpg

everything gets sucked out of the workbench in the house behind, then up a couple of lifts until it comes into the factory top left. It then goes through a stripper which strips items down to their components and then through 3 component sorters. The components I need to make ammo come out the bottom and into the ammo manufacturer, bottom right. Everything else goes straight through and drops into a hopper, which is under the extended bit. Next job is to link the hopper back up with the workbench, as well as finish off the metal surround floor, upper walls, roof etc

New to games. Finished Far Cry Primal and now on Fallout 4 which is a very consuming and enjoyable. Liked the base building and the open world experience and weapons, I'm shit hot with a sniper rifle even without VATS and with only one perk on that. At the moment I'm up to Level 28 and have still to do the mission to find Nick Valentine which I know is part of the main story. I have most of the companions and splitting missions between taking MacCready and Cait, two of the more interesting and less repetitive characters.

I think there could have been more speech options as some lead you back around circular Preston Garvey for example gets annoying once he starts asking for that talk for the 30th time after you did that over a week ago and there could a bit more depth with some of the main characters. Some of the dilemmas are decent enough like the Covanent mission, it doesn't end well either way you choose and the Paul Pembroke v Henry Cooke feud at Diamond City Market with the chem heist which goes wrong along the waterfront, I believe I'm being set up for murdering Cooke. I had no idea he had died until Paul Pembroke told me as Cooke the wee rat didn't come with me to the heist. No prizes then for guessing who did that then. To throw fat in the fire Cooke's daughter has turned up looking for him.

So overall a good game and will take sometime to get through probably up until Christmas, then I've got Mad Max waiting.

3 hours ago, CityDave said:

New to games. Finished Far Cry Primal and now on Fallout 4 which is a very consuming and enjoyable. Liked the base building and the open world experience and weapons, I'm shit hot with a sniper rifle even without VATS and with only one perk on that. At the moment I'm up to Level 28 and have still to do the mission to find Nick Valentine which I know is part of the main story. I have most of the companions and splitting missions between taking MacCready and Cait, two of the more interesting and less repetitive characters.

I think there could have been more speech options as some lead you back around circular Preston Garvey for example gets annoying once he starts asking for that talk for the 30th time after you did that over a week ago and there could a bit more depth with some of the main characters. Some of the dilemmas are decent enough like the Covanent mission, it doesn't end well either way you choose and the Paul Pembroke v Henry Cooke feud at Diamond City Market with the chem heist which goes wrong along the waterfront, I believe I'm being set up for murdering Cooke. I had no idea he had died until Paul Pembroke told me as Cooke the wee rat didn't come with me to the heist. No prizes then for guessing who did that then. To throw fat in the fire Cooke's daughter has turned up looking for him.

So overall a good game and will take sometime to get through probably up until Christmas, then I've got Mad Max waiting.

New to gaming?  Pro tip - put Mad Max in the bin and get The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. 

You can pick it up for about 20 quid now.  Pound for pound perhaps the single best thing I have ever purchased in the past 10 years.

Just spent a bit starting the Vault stuff, seems alright so far, but I havent started building anything yet - its certainly big enough though!

I then went back to my factory. Here it is from the outside (not finished)

20160802210852_1.jpg

and heres the main floor

20160802210836_1.jpg

everything gets sucked out of the workbench in the house behind, then up a couple of lifts until it comes into the factory top left. It then goes through a stripper which strips items down to their components and then through 3 component sorters. The components I need to make ammo come out the bottom and into the ammo manufacturer, bottom right. Everything else goes straight through and drops into a hopper, which is under the extended bit. Next job is to link the hopper back up with the workbench, as well as finish off the metal surround floor, upper walls, roof etc

That my friend is masturbation material.

Good work.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

That my friend is masturbation material.

Good work.

:lol:

Not finished yet. Found a mod with curved belts and another that helps conveyors snap to walls. So Im going to put in some internal walls to stop stuff falling off and completely redo the outside with enclosed up ramps instead of lifts.

Then Im going to join it to my house, which you see in the background of the second pic :thumsup2

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

:lol:

Not finished yet. Found a mod with curved belts and another that helps conveyors snap to walls. So Im going to put in some internal walls to stop stuff falling off and completely redo the outside with enclosed up ramps instead of lifts.

Then Im going to join it to my house, which you see in the background of the second pic :thumsup2

Grr, f**k you steam :angry:

Installed F4SE so I could use the Place Anywhere mod to make things easier and then steam does an update and breaks it!

I've ran the conveyor for a while and it worked, mainly. Found that the sorters and storage components get clogged up if you put too much through at once, so goin to have to space them out a bit

17 hours ago, Fide said:

New to gaming?  Pro tip - put Mad Max in the bin and get The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. 

You can pick it up for about 20 quid now.  Pound for pound perhaps the single best thing I have ever purchased in the past 10 years.

Thanks for the reply. I've been watching the You Tube gamer Gopher playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and I'm up to episode 25 of hour long stints and he's not even a quarter of the way through. Its looks quite good to watch but I don't know, it doesn't grab me enough and anyway I'm just happy watching someone else play it through, plus 3 open world games is enough for just now. I haven't seen an open world game so far this year that I would go and buy.

Watching the gamers play games on YouTube is what sells them to me, been watching for about a year now and the tv is being seriously neglected. I've been wanting to play FallOut 4 since I saw it first last year and Mad Max looked a good one as well so when these games were in the Steam summer sale for 19.99 (FO4) and 11.98 (Mad Max) I snapped them up, couldn't knock that back.