Scottish Independence

xbl

Some of Lamont's drivel from last night:

Only needed 'we'll be less intelligent' for a full house.

What a fucking old boot, people go on about Salmond etc, Salmond can be a bit of a fud, but not to the levels of this old witch.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of Lamont's drivel from last night:

Only needed 'we'll be less intelligent' for a full house.

She is a ridiculous old harriden.

I look forward to her being flung into political oblivion come September. Let's see how her genetic programming does her then.

The thing that would really worry me if I was a Labour man is how common it is for them to drop in the "hardworking people" chat these days. A Tory favourite great for dividing people and blaming the worst off for all of societies woes.

The two main Yes parties are the only two I know of in elected British politics who don't talk about whole groups of people as "problems".

The thing that would really worry me if I was a Labour man is how common it is for them to drop in the "hardworking people" chat these days. A Tory favourite great for dividing people and blaming the worst off for all of societies woes.

The two main Yes parties are the only two I know of in elected British politics who don't talk about whole groups of people as "problems".

I didn't realise Labour politicians have started using the "hardworking people" line?

Easily the most horrific, cringeworthy phrase uttered in modern politics.

It's just awful and I'd have (foolishly, possibly) thought more of Labour than that.

I didn't realise Labour politicians have started using the "hardworking people" line?

Easily the most horrific, cringeworthy phrase uttered in modern politics.

It's just awful and I'd have (foolishly, possibly) thought more of Labour than that.

I've heard them using it plenty of times. The poorest in our society will still get shafted regardless of whether it's red or blue running the UK.

Well if we go Indy I wont be voting for them now after all this pish, can GTF.

Right. So you won't vote for a party in the future because they campaigned in a particular way on this issue?

That's really really stupid.

In what way is it stupid to not vote for someone because of what and how they campaign for something?

lolwut?

Should I not vote for the Greens in the future even if I'm in agreement with their environmental policies, because they are in favour of Scottish Independence?

lolwut?

Should I not vote for the Greens in the future even if I'm in agreement with their environmental policies, because they are in favour of Scottish Independence?

The original statement was someone wouldn't vote for them after - and I quote directly - "all this pish" from Labour in the Independence campaign.

If for example, you think The Greens in a singular campaign have been dishonest, hypocritical, if you're extremely offended by some of the issues that they consider to be "wee things" then absolutely, I'd say don't vote for them. At least not until they've totally overthrown the key spokespeople and policy makers from said campaign.

If you thought any of these things about The Greens behaviour during the Independence debate, you'd be pretty thick to vote for them tbh.

The original statement was someone wouldn't vote for them after - and I quote directly - "all this pish" from Labour in the Independence campaign.

Uh, wrong.

The initial statement was "Labour are really shooting themselves in the foot here if we become Indy are they no?"

Given that Labour are going to be campaigning in Scotland in the future, whether in the SP or a new Indy SP, what the poster was clearly saying is that, because they had campaigned for No, if it was Yes, they would have alienated voters.

A ridiculous concept.

The "all this pish" part, was an afterthought (and as banterman queried - is completely devoid of any factual evidence) and again has nothing to do with whether there is a Yes or No vote in September.

As shallow, as, say, painting a big bus red and putting the Saltire on it's side?

In what way is this shallow?

Do the SNP not use the Saltire ?

Surely if you're pissed off at how Labour behaved in this campaign, and that put you off voting for them, it would do so both in the event of a Yes vote and the event of a No vote? It would be a particularly bizarre voter that says "well they behaved badly but I'll only punish them by voting for someone else if they lose anyway"

I wonder if this needs to be closed down, some of what is written is surreal

I agree to an extent. Some of the personal squabbling is getting beyond pathetic (sure I've been involved in plenty of it tbf).

How this campaign affects voting intention in the event of a Yes vote is an entirely worthwhile topic of discussion though, in my opinion. The future political landscape of Scotland after either result, is one of the most important considerations here.

How this campaign affects voting intention in the event of a Yes vote is an entirely worthwhile topic of discussion though, in my opinion.

Or a No vote surely?

Ad Lib and HB, maybe he'll vote for them after a No vote because at Westminster, we are now effectively looking at a two party system. Perhaps "all this pish" is not as unappealing to him as a Conservative government?

Makes sense to me.

Edit: Sorry misread you there HB. The "original statement" to which your response I picked up on, was about not voting Labour after Indy because of the shite they've came out with in this campaign. You said this was stupid, it really isn't.

Archived