Scottish Independence

xbl

And like a lot of yes campaigners, you absolutely fail to grasp that people might hold different opinions.

No. The issue is not the acceptance of an alternative viewpoint or opinion, it is the complete failure to explain or articulate that opinion. It is the utter lack of any substance other than soundbites. The entire NO argument is that Independence will be pish and the entire tactic is to attack the SNP and villify the YES campaign.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

One of the wealthiest countries in the world? The union has truly been insane for Scotland.

And like a lot of yes campaigners, you absolutely fail to grasp that people might hold different opinions.

Yes we do. The fact you tend to fail to grasp is the we are living with your point of opinion and have been since birth.

Yes we do. The fact you tend to fail to grasp is the we are living with your point of opinion and have been since birth.

Newsflash of the day - Scotland is part of the UK!

One of the wealthiest countries in the world? The union has truly been insane for Scotland.

Agreed. The rest of England being subsidised by one of the wealthiest countries (us) in the world for the last 100 years is insane.

You are assuming that this wealth has only been generated as a result of the Union membership. My premise is that this is incorrect and that the wealth is unfairly distributed and has been squandered. Im not entirely sure how one can be trillions of pounds in debt and still be considered "wealthy".

You are assuming that this wealth has only been generated as a result of the Union membership. My premise is that this is incorrect and that the wealth is unfairly distributed and has been squandered. Im not entirely sure how one can be trillions of pounds in debt and still be considered "wealthy".

I am not making any assumptions; its a basic fact that after 300 years of union we are one of the wealthiest countries in the world.

Yes are making the assumption that this wealth could/would/will be created by Scotland on its own.

I am not making any assumptions; its a basic fact that after 300 years of union we are one of the wealthiest countries in the world.

Yes are making the assumption that this wealth could/would/will be created by Scotland on its own.

I dont get your argument.

Are you doing a Danny and saying that Scotland is wealthier than the RUK because the RUK made Scotland wealthy?

Its got nothing to do with our natural resources?

And that Scotland should know its place and start acting like one of the least wealthiest countries in the world?

Why does BT not use that in their campaign?

The fact that the Union is wealthy is not the proposition you asserted when you opposed my quote. In making your opposition and boldly linking wealth with unity you assumed that this wealth was the direct result of "300 years of union". The assumption you make and repeat is that this is the only reason for such wealth.

I have made no comment on Scotlands wealth creation so therefore have made no assumptions. But i have made an assertion that the UK is unequal and that continuing to remain in the union will continue to perpetuate that inequality.

I am not making any more complex an argument than stating what the yes campaign are stating.

From that I say that over 300 years we are doing well as a country; the arguments of why, in spite of/because of, cause, effect etc are not that relevant.

Within the current social, political economic and constitutional framework we are where we are - that is the record of the union. Within that we have retained a specific identity and laws and now have a devolved parliament.

That is acceptable to me

I am not making any more complex an argument than stating what the yes campaign are stating.

From that I say that over 300 years we are doing well as a country; the arguments of why, in spite of/because of, cause, effect etc are not that relevant.

Within the current social, political economic and constitutional framework we are where we are - that is the record of the union. Within that we have retained a specific identity and laws and now have a devolved parliament.

That is acceptable to me

So you are happy with your zero hour contract with the RUK.

Owning your own buisness is just tooooooooooo big a risk for you.

Shame.

Think of what you could have become.

That is acceptable to me

Austerity is acceptable to you?

Food banks are acceptable to you?

Child poverty is acceptable to you?

The biggest divide between rich and poor in Europe is acceptable to you?

I'd hate to see what's unacceptable for you.

Austerity is acceptable to you?

Food banks are acceptable to you?

Child poverty is acceptable to you?

The biggest divide between rich and poor in Europe is acceptable to you?

I'd hate to see what's unacceptable for you.

If you see independence as the solution to all these problems then fair enough - others don't share your view.

Its easy to point at the problems here and now and accept pipe dreams as to how everything must be better if we go for massive change - I juts don't buy it,

You might also think that even in the boom times the nationalists wanted independence; no matter the position of the UK then indy is the answer for them. Even if we got rid of these things tomorrow they would still be constructing an argument as to why indy would make things automatically better. Accordingly when someone gives you the same answer despite the question I think it serves to be sceptical about them; particular when even they accept the relative success of Scotland within the union.

If you see independence as the solution to all these problems then fair enough - others don't share your view.

Its easy to point at the problems here and now and accept pipe dreams as to how everything must be better if we go for massive change - I juts don't buy it,

You might also think that even in the boom times the nationalists wanted independence; no matter the position of the UK then indy is the answer for them. Even if we got rid of these things tomorrow they would still be constructing an argument as to why indy would make things automatically better. Accordingly when someone gives you the same answer despite the question I think it serves to be sceptical about them; particular when even they accept the relative success of Scotland within the union.

So you accept that these things are real problems? How do you think the Union will go about solving them?

They won't. No major Westminster party is even remotely interested in fixing them. In an iScotland at least we can have a fucking good crack at it and try to create a fairer, more just society?

Yes there are risks, but is there no part of you that can see the potential benefit? Do you think anything would be achieved in the world if no one took a risk?

Independence is a chance to do things our way. We have the resources. We have the people. Surely even the most hardened unionist can see the potential?

Well said that CONfidemus needs truly told

So you accept that these things are real problems? How do you think the Union will go about solving them?

They won't. No major Westminster party is even remotely interested in fixing them. In an iScotland at least we can have a fucking good crack at it and try to create a fairer, more just society?

Yes there are risks, but is there no part of you that can see the potential benefit? Do you think anything would be achieved in the world if no one took a risk?

Independence is a chance to do things our way. We have the resources. We have the people. Surely even the most hardened unionist can see the potential?

I doubt any Scottish party will solve it they are just as bad as each other

That is acceptable to me

God help us when were doing badly then. Food banks and parcels from the red cross, f**k me.

That is acceptable to me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24487146

Archived