Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

That's a very strange assumption to make.

Most of them won't bother to vote, for a start.

I actually think yes could do with more people that think like you. Pro-business types that spot gaps in the market, and aren't afraid to self-identify as conservative type voters. At the moment the natural position of any right leaning voter is to vote No and yes Scotland have done absolutely nothing to counter that

What a lot of shite.

This vote could make a big surprise, I haven't known anyone that's voted before out of my close friends in any election, and I now know 30-40 people who I've seen actively say they will and who will be voting for the 1st time and who will be voting YES, all the older people who vote all the time will most likely return a majority NO but this is gonna see a lot of people voting for the 1st time and it could surprise a few in my opinion.

To write people off of voting because they are from 'shiteholes' as you put it is daft this is a vote that will bring out everyone.

Essentially meaningless but its getting posted anyway.

RIC canvassing in Kirkton yesterday. Results were Yes 54.6% No 19.5% Undecided 25.9%

How many did they canvass?

Would be interested to know because in my experience when you canvass on Kirkton you either get told to f**k off or the door isn't answered.

Maybe they saw you with your BT and NO THANKS stickers mate.

Dee isn't a no voter though. I'm assuming he was talking about other types of canvassing.

I see little reason to trust these figures. I mean, I wouldn't particularly care about them if I believed them anyway, because they don't seem to have weighted their polling at all, but they seem to often show figures of yes in the high fifties, undecideds in the mid twenties and no in the high teens. Once the DKs are excluded you're looking at a yes vote pushing 80%. Now I don't doubt yes will outpoll no in a lot of these scummy areas, but even the keenest of yes voters isn't going to honestly believe yes will poll 75-80% in it's strongest areas.

My guess is that radical independence canvasses ignore known no voters in order to doctor the figures, or perhaps are blatant bullshit.

Edited by Mr Bairn

That is what I was saying.

The No bet is getting big cash from a fewer number of people to weight the odds to make it look like No is clear favourite, when in reality the bookies are taking less bets on it.

The odds don't give a clear picture of the way people will vote. That is assuming people will bet the way they will vote.

Whit?

So the No vote is odds on just because its made 'to look like a clear favourite', aye that's how it works! :thumsup2

Lets just get this right then, are you saying there's a mystery betting syndicate out there putting a wedge of 5 &10 grand bets on the No vote, just to skew the market, dupe the bookies and the punters?.

Dee isn't a no voter though. I'm assuming he was talking about other types of canvassing.

I see little reason to trust these figures. I mean, I wouldn't particularly care about them if I believed them anyway, because they don't seem to have weighted their polling at all, but they seem to often show figures of yes in the high fifties, undecideds in the mid twenties and no in the high teens. Once the DKs are excluded you're looking at a yes vote pushing 80%. Now I don't doubt yes will outpoll no in a lot of these scummy areas, but even the keenest of yes voters isn't going to honestly believe yes will poll 75-80% in it's strongest areas.

My guess is that radical independence canvasses ignore known no voters in order to doctor the figures, or perhaps are blatant bullshit.

If I was to go on my Facebook and put a poll up id get that.....

What do they have to gain by making them up?

And can you stop referring to places as shiteholes and scummy areas?

If I was to go on my Facebook and put a poll up id get that.....

What do they have to gain by making them up?

And can you stop referring to places as shiteholes and scummy areas?

Maybe, do you actually think 75-80% of your social media following will vote yes on the day?

And why wouldn't I? They are shiteholes and scummy areas.

You my friend, are as well voting No on the day. You are symptomatic of the draconian, right wing, scummy mindset that pervades through No culture.

Maybe, do you actually think 75-80% of your social media following will vote yes on the day?

I dont think, I KNOW they will go out and vote, never have I ever seen my friends discuss and be so interested in politics, maybe because this is more than politics, its all rather refreshing.

Care to elaborate?

Certainly. You have a superiority complex. You believe that those living in deprived areas are beneath you. You are intolerant towards those you feel are less educated than yourself. You are dismissive of those who you feel are not socially or intellectually on a par with you.

Similar to many right wing Daily Mail reading unionists.

I therefore suggest you vote No, as it suits your right wing, draconian views.

Certainly. You have a superiority complex. You believe that those living in deprived areas are beneath you. You are intolerant towards those you feel are less educated than yourself. You are dismissive of those who you feel are not socially or intellectually on a par with you.

I wouldn't say everyone living in these areas in below me, certainly not the hardworking families, it's the layabouts, drug addicts, benefit cheats and the like that I look down on.

I told her yesterday that I'd prefer her to vote NO. She doesn't get it though.

I wouldn't say everyone living in these areas in below me, certainly not the hardworking families,

And with that, your Tory/ Daily Mail indoctrination is complete.

You have been assimilated.

Er, what?

Using the "hardworking" line, which has been overused by Gideon, Dave and the Daily Mail.

A disgusting piece of anti-lower class propaganda which I'm not even remotely surprised to see used by you. For a supposed intelligent student, you're fairly slow on the uptake.

Using the "hardworking" line, which has been overused by Gideon, Dave and the Daily Mail.

A disgusting piece of anti-lower class propaganda which I'm not even remotely surprised to see used by you. For a supposed intelligent student, you're fairly slow on the uptake.

What exactly is "propaganda" about saying I have sympathy with the sections of the lower class that work hard?

What exactly is "propaganda" about saying I have sympathy with the sections of the lower class that work hard?

I don't feel like explaining the same thing twice to you. My six year old son is quicker on the uptake.