Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

What poll would that be? the pie and bovril poll? :)

I'm not sure why forum polls usually lean towards a Yes vote but I do have a theory as to why...

The Yes vote seems to be very popular with people who rely on state benefits and a lot (not all) of people who spend their day posting on forums are more likely to be receiving government benefits.

I see that thepundit is now confusing voting in an online poll (taking a couple of seconds to do) with making thousands of posts due to having time on your hands.

I don't see the link. Far more people have voted in the P'n'B poll that make contributions to the Indy debate.

What is it you're specifically looking for?

Specifically, you made some claims about elderly populations, and the percentage of people of pension age. I stated that your claims were wrong. You screamed for evidence. I produced a 2012 British ONS report showing my figures. You claimed your figures were much more up to date than that. But refused to tell us.

You then started "leaking" extracts from a report, which was based on out of date 2010 figures, but you refused to confirm if these were the figures you were using. So simply, what is the source of the figures to back up the claim you made? And if they are older than the 2012 projections (which you claimed weren't even a projection!), will you admit that you got it wrong?

I see that thepundit is now confusing voting in an online poll (taking a couple of seconds to do) with making thousands of posts due to having time on your hands.

I don't see the link. Far more people have voted in the P'n'B poll that make contributions to the Indy debate.

Why did you only quote one of the reasons I gave?

The other reason was.... "People who want change are more likely to talk about independence than those who are content with the Union, which of course would mean using things such as forums to voice their anger"

It makes perfect sense but you are well within your rights to disagree.

The source of the figures you produced.

Which figures do you dispute exactly?

Are you saying that Scotland DOESN'T have a population that is ageing faster than the rest of the UK as a whole? That was the crux of this story. It has subsequently been backed up by all the available evidence including just over a week ago by the IFS report which fully backed up what I have been saying for a few years now.

Find the figures you are disputing and get back to me, unless you have simply picked up a ball and are running with it even though you have no idea what you are saying or doing.

Are you saying that Scotland DOESN'T have a population that is ageing faster than the rest of the UK as a whole? That was the crux of this story. It has subsequently been backed up by all the available evidence including just over a week ago by the IFS report which fully backed up what I have been saying for a few years now.

Find the figures you are disputing and get back to me, unless you have simply picked up a ball and are running with it even though you have no idea what you are saying or doing.

No, we are saying that your figures were wrong and out of date. You were caught lying about old and out of date figures.

Why did you only quote one of the reasons I gave?

The other reason was.... "People who want change are more likely to talk about independence than those who are content with the Union, which of course would mean using things such as forums to voice their anger"

I quoted the point that I disagreed with. I don't expect to have to respond to points I don't disagree with.

However, you have completely failed to show any link between "people on government benefits" and "people who want change". Without this link, I fail to see what point you are trying to make.

Lets start with this quote:

Here's some more for salt and source boy <_<

6.1. The United Kingdom population is projected to increase from an estimated 62.3 million in 2010, reaching 67.2 million in 2020, rising above 70 million in 2027 and reaching 73.2 million by 2035. Over the 25 year period this equates to a 18 per cent increase - a slightly bigger increase than projected in the 2008-based projections.

6.2. Figure 9 illustrates the projected change in the populations of the four countries of the United Kingdom from 2010 to 2035. It shows that the populations of England, Wales and Northern Ireland are all projected to grow quicker than that of Scotland. By 2035 England's population is projected to be 19 per cent higher than in 2010, Northern Ireland's is projected to be 11 per cent higher and Wales' 12 per cent higher. During the same period Scotland's population is projected to grow by 10 per cent.

Figure 9 can fucking wait its turn <_<

Is it from more up to date or an older source than the 2012 ONS figures?

This is what is in dispute. He was caught out telling lies.

I was pointing out that by 2035 Scotland pensioners are projected to reach the figure of around 22%. Whilst the rest of the UKs will be 18% by the same time.

I also pointed out that Swinney was absolutely skewered by that leaked document that proved he was worrying about the IMMDEIATE impact of the pension hit Scotland will be liable for IMMEDIATELY upon any separation.

Vikington is a plook faced c**t who doesn't know who his father is.

I quoted the point that I disagreed with. I don't expect to have to respond to points I don't disagree with.

However, you have completely failed to show any link between "people on government benefits" and "people who want change". Without this link, I fail to see what point you are trying to make.

You may have quoted the point you disagreed with but the answer to your question was in the second point I provided. :)

Also, why are you trying to find a link between two separate points I made? There doesn't have to be one. It was two different reasons.

The big bit of all the figures we're going to get hammered with over the next 10 months is, are they all 100% accurate with nothing added in or taken out, I don't trust institutions any further than I can throw them as a rule.

Edited by ayrmad

This pension thing is getting pretty tedious man, we get it.

Clearly Reynard doesn't. The first time he was caught out, he did a vanishing act. The second time, he came back a few months later and made the same lie. He does it on all politics and expects to be taken seriously as some kind of informed uber pundit.

As long he spouts his lies and maintains a denial of ever being wrong, I will continue to remind people of his lies. Otherwise, unaware people might take him seriously when he's just another deegas or hb these days.