Your Top 5 gigs

AberdeenHibee

1. Anthrax -Embra playhouse '87, just an absoloutly incredible night, to use an X Factor term, they nailed it and so did the crowd.

2. AC/DC - Los Angeles '01 , great memorable trip

3. AC/DC- Embra Playhouse '85, final date of the Uk tour and the first time i saw them live.

4. Iron Maiden- Wembly Arena '01 , Bruce and adrian were back

5. Bruce Springsteen -RDS Dublin '07, incredible performer

BTW perhaps this would be better recieved moved to the top 5 forum.

1. AC/DC Hampden Park 2009 At the barrier and had Angus look directly at me. Amazing.

2. Iron Maiden Somewhere back in time tour Twickenham stadium 2008. Craziest crowd i've been in.

3. Kiss SECC 2010 - One of the best shows ever, even better considering half of them are 60 odd.

4. Def Leppard/Motley Crue/Steel panther 2011 - Aging rockers put on a cracking show, Vince neil was better than expected and Joe elliot was great despite having the cold. And Phil Allen is fckin ripped for over 50.

5. Iron Maiden Matter of life and death tour - First ever gig, 1 or 2 people from the front, got to see Bruce and co up close. They played the whole of AMOLAD album but was still awesome. Only downside is some p***k from perth spat into the crowd and caught me on the face... arsehole. Ears were ringing for a month after.

Iron maiden dance of the dead tour, secc, practically perfect in every way.

Foo fighters secc

The gallows, with some belting support from fucked up and SSS, abc

Reel big fish and gold finger at barrow lands

Flogging Molly at the garage, circle pit to Irish folk punk cannot be beaten,

Being of advanced years with hundreds of gigs to choose from, this is not easy & probably best just going for some favourite gigs, rather than the five best.

Bowie at Murrayfield (serious moonlight tour)

OCS at Stirling Castle

The Stones at Hampden (urban jungle tour)

Radiohead at Glasgow Green

Reverend & The Makers at Oran Mor

Jeez, there are loads I'd like to mention.

Being of advanced years with hundreds of gigs to choose from, this is not easy & probably best just going for some favourite gigs, rather than the five best.

Bowie at Murrayfield (serious moonlight tour)

OCS at Stirling Castle

The Stones at Hampden (urban jungle tour)

Radiohead at Glasgow Green

Reverend & The Makers at Oran Mor

Jeez, there are loads I'd like to mention.

Was that radio heads big top tour?

Was pretty good, if not a little trippy.

Rammstein - Newcastle arena 2 years ago, wasn't such a big fan til I went but the live show was unreal, could feel the heat from the many, many flames very far away.

Weezer - earlier this year at an outdoor gig in Melbourne at a huge amphitheatre, played a selection of greatest hits in reverse chronological order then the entire blue album, amazing.

Weezer - following night in st kilda doing different hits then pinkerton in full.

Rancid - Newcastle academy, seen then several times great live band despite less than brilliant recent output.

Morrissey - Some old boxing hall in Hartlepool in 1999 when his popularity had nose dived, great voice & charisma.

Honourable mentions to manics several times, queens of the Stone Age, kiss/motley Crüe double header.

The Specials @ O2 Academy in 2009.

Radiohead @ Meadowbank Stadium in 2006.

The Stone Roses @ Heaton Park in 2012.

The Cribs @ Barrowlands in 2008.

Oasis @ SECC in 2008.

Hon. mentions to The Black Keys @ Corn Exchange in 2010, Foo Fighters @ SECC in 2005 & Red Hot Chili Peppers @ Don Valley Stadium in 2006.

• 1 year later...

Bruce Springsteen - Etihad Stadium, 2012. Wonderful show - better than Crystal Palace 2003 was.

U2 - Murrayfield 1997 - the first true stadium gig I ever went to. Great fun, and before all their recent naff music.

Eagles - Hampden, 2002. What else to say except they did a load of Joe Walsh solo numbers as well.

Mark Knopfler - Albert Halls, Stirling, 1997. Charity gig for Dunblane, small venue, amazing guitar work. Swapped guitars between every song.

Smokie - Uppsala, Sweden, 1999 - Just a good time.

Ryan Adams at the Academy, 2012

The Twilight Sad at Oran Mor, 2013

Bob Dylan at SECC, 2009

Bruce Springsteen at Hampden, 2013

The Fratellis at ABC2, 2006

That would probably be my top 5, plenty of competition to it (including John Grant at the Usher Hall last month, and I am confident that The Twilight Sad at ABC next week could be in there) bar Ryan Adams at the Academy which is easily the best gig I have ever been to.

Gareth Emery at The Albert Hall in Manchester. The opening night for his world tour and album launch for Drive.

Armin Van Buuren at the O2 Academy last year. Absolute scenes from start to finish. Favourite moment had to be when he played Big Sky and the place erupted.

TTF at the Barrowlands.

Marilyn Manson at the Braehead Arena.

Deer Tick at Stereo in 2012.

Archived