SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

I think we have a bit more time than that but the deterioration since June is noticeable. He does however still rolland rub self like a looney in the morning!

Daschund living up to the breed standard of being impossible to housetrain so I've a carpet washer already 🤣

I think the worst we had was actually Jake as he was on a steroid that made him drink a ton and piss like a horse. We started taking him for really short walks first and last thing at night and as often as possible throughout the day rather than just punting him into the garden and that made a bit of a difference as he was more inclined to empty his bladder marking rather than just wandering around and coming back in without doing anything. 

Other than that, it was a case of buying some cheap rugs, sticking puppy pads under them and binning them after he finally had to be put to sleep. 

Skye had a couple of accidents with solids rather than urine when she was having her dementia symptoms but as she's raw fed it was easy to clean and she's stopped doing it now the librela is out her system. 

If you can manage it and he doesn't seem overly bothered, then I dont think it's unreasonable to keep doing so provided he's happy. We had a mate who kept her old dog going far too long when she became incontinent, but the poor old girl was getting urine scald because she had some other health issue that was making her urine very concentrated. Spent her last month or so picking herself raw.

There is medication old dogs can have apparently (our dog walker mentioned it).

Thanks guys. I'm no carpets or rugs downstairs so it's not an issue there to pick up and give floor a wipe.

He may be sore but he still carefully selects which fence post needs pissed on in the mornings, usually couple laps of the row before selecting. 

Librela well out his system now too and his back end has stabilised in so far as he can walk again that was a scary month.

Morse up the Falkirk wheel today as part of his Walkies for Parkinsons sponsored walks (we are walking 100 miles in October).

He's so much easier to walk now that he doesn't kick off at other dogs so much.

20241017_143402.jpg

20241017_140225.jpg