Wrestling Podcasts

Shuggie_Murray7

It's bizzare that The Rock seems to now be one of few WWE guys that Punk is on good terms with.

Punk is starting to grate for me. He's like the emo kid of the WWE family.

Perhaps it was Colt Cabana that infuriated me more though when Mick Foley was trying to be genuinely nice, respectful and hand out some praise by saying, 'Well done Colt for landing the big one!' (After crediting the interview as a great listen. Colt then replies, 'It's not about landing anything. It's about giving Punk a safe and secure place to speak his mind'.

Edited by Ludo *1

NewDomDom, on 05 Dec 2014 - 17:45, said:

What's wrong with that exactly? Maybe that's how he feels? And it's not a big deal that he "landed" CM Punk, given that they're very close friends. If Punk chose to ever speak out, it wasn't going to be anywhere else.

Because it's very 'emo' is the best way to put it. When someone is giving you praise, there's no need to try to correct their praise. No one said Punk would be going elsewhere but Colt did land the big interview because there'd have been loads of bigger podcasts/TV channels/magazines that would have wanted that interview.

NewDomDom, on 07 Dec 2014 - 18:37, said:

:lol:

:lol:

Don't be a knobend.

NewDomDom, on 07 Dec 2014 - 18:38, said:

Oh, and Colt landed it because he was the only person on the planet that was ever going to land it. It wasn't a big deal that he landed it.

It was a big deal for him. People that have never heard of Colt Cabana in their life before would have tuned in to listen and discovered his style. Just because they are mates makes no difference regardless of whether he was the only person that'd ever get it, it's gave him a good deal of exposure.

I think Foleys words, whilst sincere in thought, could be viewed as pretty patronising. Cabana originated the podcast phenomenon in wrestling, plus hes good friends with punk. It was plain to see for everyone that he would "land the big one", and it's no surprise to anyone that he did.

I've already read a transcript of it but from what i've read i want WWE to go out of business as they deserve it.

You say this, but are you still watching the product? Cause you should probably stop that if you hate them so much...

Just about everyone ends up back at some point, especially when there is money to be made. Few would have thought that Bret Hart and Ultimate Warrior would end up back with WWE, but it happened. Guys like Lesnar, Hogan, Hall, Nash and the Outlaws all ended up back with the WWE after being on bad terms for years. Savage is probably the only notable one who never returned.

Punk is very bitter at this time and rightly so. However, his return would do huge business for all parties involved. I'm sure Punk will be back one day. The odd comic book and Walking Dead gig won't pay the bills forever.

I'm not familiar with a lot of the reasons, but I think Bret is the only one that comes to close to Punk's situation in that it was Vince that fucked Bret (in Bret's eyes). Even then, Bret was in the wrong regarding dropping the title, so once he realises that, it's probably easier to go back.

Guys like Warrior and Austin both made bad choices and fucked Vince so it's more Vince's choice to let them return. Punk's leaving was maybe a bit akin to Austin's (although I believe Punk told them and wasn't advertised for a match or anything like Austin was) but then the firing on his wedding day will be the nail in the coffin.

Really? Vince WAS great but to me it's clear he's lost it. I can't wait until someone else is running it. Past achievements don't give you a free ride

I agree, but I'm not sure that Triple H is the right guy, especially in the wake of the Punk stories.

Because it's very 'emo' is the best way to put it. When someone is giving you praise, there's no need to try to correct their praise. No one said Punk would be going elsewhere but Colt did land the big interview because there'd have been loads of bigger podcasts/TV channels/magazines that would have wanted that interview.

It's no emo, it's Colt being humble. Saying that he "landed the big one" makes it seem like he's done something to deserve it, when he clearly doesn't feel that being good mates with someone counts for that sort of thing.

Been listening to quite a lot of Colt’s podcasts recently at work. They’ve all been pretty good, with the exception of the JR one, which was pretty boring (he didn’t seem all that interested).

The two recent Punk ones were good, the Drew Galloway one is really good, the Grado one is decent, the Stone Cold one is decent, The Miz is decent, the Scott Hall one is decent, the Tom Pritchard one is really good, Dean Ambrose is really good and the DDP one is really good (can listen to that guy for ages!), but the best one so far was surprisingly the Gangrel one. He comes across as sound as f**k and has a really good outlook on things and some good stories, as well as doing a tremendous impression of Luna.

I would recommend all of the ones mentioned above, but especially the Gangrel one. Avoid the JR one.

• 3 weeks later...