Civ 5

SoapMactavish

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been playing for the past few days. Not that impressed with it really. Started off well but it gets boring.

Haven't played a good strategy game since I bought Empire Total war. According to Steam I've played almost 220 hours which is not bad for a game that I bought as part of a 3 for £10 bundle. :) Now that's value for money!

Speaking of Steam, I've been trying to buy an Adventure game all day but I keep getting a server error. :(

I have played this a bit but I am pretty poor at it. Only ever go for science or war victory. Looked at tactics of how to play the game well, got lazy and just decided to keep the difficulty on a level I could handle.

Recently tried a massive 12 country game where I won by science with no war what so ever, and then tried to kill everyone else. Got a bit boring as I realised that I was going to take over the world but it was going to take about 10 hours of gameplay.

So to answer your question, I would love a game, provided the new guys are invited. :unsure:

I'm up to emperor difficulty, seem to be doing OK with Poland. Going for a culture or science victory in this game, prob culture as I've just taken over 3 more cities do got a science penalty. I agree it can get a but boring as the game moves on, but its very addictive.

• 5 months later...
Anyone still play this and want to arrange a multi player game? It's pretty hard to find the time, but I'd be up for trying to sort something out.

Yeah I go through stages where I play it non-stop for a few days then forget about it for a few months.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm up for this.

I used to be totally addicted to it - so much so that I could occasionally beat it on the top level - but I've not played it in ages. What version are you talking? Vanilla, Gods & Kings or the one after which I can't remember?

Archived